Newish coin of interest for the Crypto junkies

Thread: Newish coin of interest for the Crypto junkies

piggzy said:

Default Newish coin of interest for the Crypto junkies

Raven (RVN)

It basically is an attempt at fixing DASH.
    By that I mean DASH was originally one of the first attempts at a none ASIC mined coin, trying to give the power back to the people, but as you are well aware, it wasn't too long before the ASIC manufacturers made a DASH miner.

So RVN now appears, it is basically DASH but with a newer style of algo. Basically it utilises quite a few different algo's but randomly switches to a new algo in an undetectable pattern.

To the ASIC manufacturers they would need to provide the ASIC hardware for every algo used by Raven not to mention they wouldn't be optimal at switching so a lot of mining power could be getting wasted.

It is starting to appear on a few of the big exchanges and if you do mine it is VERY quick to mine (at the moment).

Just a headsup, As always do your own research, I am not saying it is a good investment or otherwise. I have some interest and am keeping my eye on it for now.

jdunlo said:

Default Re: Newish coin of interest for the Crypto junkies

Hey mate. Are you mining this coin if so what pool are you using.

Thanks in advance

piggzy said:

Default Re: Newish coin of interest for the Crypto junkies

Quote Originally Posted by jdunlo View Post
    Hey mate. Are you mining this coin if so what pool are you using.

Thanks in advance
    I mined a bit early on but not now. I used : eu.ravenminer.com

Just checked its still up and working. From memory, you need to mine 5 RVN min before they payout.