Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Just started this today, pressed the B button near a horse instead of Y and punched it, it turned around and kicked me 8n the face.

The detail is very, very good. Died a couple of times because I wasnt paying attention to what buttons to press, but it's a very good game.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

There’s a bit too much to it for me as I don’t have time to have full sessions I forget bits. Also bought a horse for $150 and now it’s not in my inventory at the stables so no idea what’s happened to it! Will try to find that white Arabian horse. Still very fun, when I get into it a bit more I think the detail will stick and I’ll know when to be doing what.

Just like the original it’s fun just to mess around in the open world.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I got this and was unsure if i was going to enjoy it.......must admit loving it now, im around 70% complete on story mode
    The attention to detail is great and there are some amazing and weird characters that you randomly bump into along the way. Love the little challenges that you get , especially the treasure hunting.

I was randomly checking out a barn for loot and came across a dead guy with his pants down on top of a dead pig!!

Once you get the hang of using deadeye, you can take on a whole army and defeat them easily! Worth persevering with, it does get much better

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by WillD View Post
    Just started this today, pressed the B button near a horse instead of Y and punched it, it turned around and kicked me 8n the face.

The detail is very, very good. Died a couple of times because I wasnt paying attention to what buttons to press, but it's a very good game.
    Donít know why, but this made me laugh about the horse lol
    I ainít got this game yet so Iíve been looking for reviews as it looks alright, just not sure if itís my type of thing yet lol .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's GTA in the wild west, what's not to like.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Its still bloody expensive. thought it may have reduced a little now, but can't find it much below £50 anywhere.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got this for Christmas but I'm really struggling to get into it. Does it improve after the first few hours?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ganty, it does improve massively, gets more and more like GTA, but in the wild west. There are some bits where it gets a bit weird and slows down again, but deffo worth persevering with. Like you after the first couple of hours, I thought it was not really for me, but so glad i continued...its a good game

Thanks to Eddie_M

Ganty (3rd January 2019) 

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ganty View Post
    Got this for Christmas but I'm really struggling to get into it. Does it improve after the first few hours?

Yes, gets better. I felt the same as you, I even struggled with the controls to the point that I ended up shooting folks by mistake, and things like intending to rescue a guy who had his foot trapped in a bear trap, only to kick him to death right after. It does have some shortcomings with controlling your protagonist especialy when you are looking to be more precise.

Iíve completed the game, done most side missions and some of the challenges too. Thereís no game like it, itís absolutely amazing. The story, characters and voice acting is so good, you really get to know the core group and you get attached to them, however annoying they may be. Thereís one mission with Arthur and Lenny that had me in stitches (youíll know which one once your reach that mission). In general the game does portray pretty well how hard life has been back then, though sometimes in humorous ways.
    ďIf I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?Ē

Thanks to cronus71

Ganty (4th January 2019) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Had to laugh... I did exactly the same near the beginning with a woman trapped under her horse... rescued her then shot her by mistake

2 Thanks given to Eddie_M

c0axial (9th January 2019), cronus71 (5th January 2019) 

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I shoot people by mistake all the time, so annoying. I've completed the main game, my plan was to get that out the way then do the side missions after but I am finding the side missions appear randomly, I know time of day affects it but they seem to appear randomly even if I set up camp until the various times of the day.

Very fun though, I got a load of new games for Christmas and still haven't opened God of War that I've had for over 6 months so need to get those ut the way but RD is like GTA that you can come back to it whenever.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i have only just discovered that if you tap left on the dpad that your current objectives etc show up...then if you select one the area is highlighted on the map. Ive finished the main story but still enjoying trying to do side missions etc

Thanks to Eddie_M

Latman (16th January 2019) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fantastic game, got it in November and completed it before Christmas, put some serious hours into it.
    However once I had finished the main campaign I didnt feel a great need to go and do all the side missions like I did with the 1st one, probably just me getting older and not having the time. I have also avoided the online so far.

The game itself is great tho, its massive (possibly too big as travelling can take a while or you need money to get trains everywhere etc.) and would recommend to everyone to play it.
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Played lots when it first came out but then got a bored of it pretty quick for some reason. :/ so went back to the grind of Destiny 2 and Forza Horizon 4. Just got a new Gaming PC, which I will be building tonight. Waiting for Anthem to come out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got this as a xmas present and only started playing couple of weeks ago.
    Any tips on making quick money?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Latman View Post
    Easiest way is to play the storyline, at a few points you get some good cash to spend
    Alternatively you can do the obvious: Robberies, Bounty hunting etc.
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Latman View Post

Spoiler:

Just south west of the first camp you go to is a burnt out town called Limpany. Look in the sheriffs office and in a drawer you'll find a chest with a gold bar in it. I don't know if it's been patched but any time I went past there I went and had a look and it would respawn the gold bar. I think I had 3 or 4 out of there before I got to the epilogue.

Once you get past the first camp money is a lot easier to come by.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    Spoiler:

Just south west of the first camp you go to is a burnt out town called Limpany. Look in the sheriffs office and in a drawer you'll find a chest with a gold bar in it. I don't know if it's been patched but any time I went past there I went and had a look and it would respawn the gold bar. I think I had 3 or 4 out of there before I got to the epilogue.

Once you get past the first camp money is a lot easier to come by.
    There was a glitch where you could save at a particular point and it kept respawning, some people said they had over a million gold. I’ve not tried it, don’t think I’ve even searched that office so may give it a go but bet it’s patched by now.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    There was a glitch where you could save at a particular point and it kept respawning, some people said they had over a million gold. I’ve not tried it, don’t think I’ve even searched that office so may give it a go but bet it’s patched by now.
    Yeah I didn't do that but knew of it. I just went back there one day and to my surprise the gold bar had respawned. After that if I was travelling past I would look in there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Social Networking Bookmarks