Red Dead Redemption 2

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2

WillD said:

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Just started this today, pressed the B button near a horse instead of Y and punched it, it turned around and kicked me 8n the face.

The detail is very, very good. Died a couple of times because I wasnt paying attention to what buttons to press, but it's a very good game.

evilsatan said:

There’s a bit too much to it for me as I don’t have time to have full sessions I forget bits. Also bought a horse for $150 and now it’s not in my inventory at the stables so no idea what’s happened to it! Will try to find that white Arabian horse. Still very fun, when I get into it a bit more I think the detail will stick and I’ll know when to be doing what.

Just like the original it’s fun just to mess around in the open world.

Eddie_M said:

I got this and was unsure if i was going to enjoy it.......must admit loving it now, im around 70% complete on story mode
    The attention to detail is great and there are some amazing and weird characters that you randomly bump into along the way. Love the little challenges that you get , especially the treasure hunting.

I was randomly checking out a barn for loot and came across a dead guy with his pants down on top of a dead pig!!

Once you get the hang of using deadeye, you can take on a whole army and defeat them easily! Worth persevering with, it does get much better

Karoline said:

Quote Originally Posted by WillD View Post
    Just started this today, pressed the B button near a horse instead of Y and punched it, it turned around and kicked me 8n the face.

The detail is very, very good. Died a couple of times because I wasnt paying attention to what buttons to press, but it's a very good game.
    Donít know why, but this made me laugh about the horse lol
    I ainít got this game yet so Iíve been looking for reviews as it looks alright, just not sure if itís my type of thing yet lol .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilscuro said:

It's GTA in the wild west, what's not to like.

rmj2663 said:

Its still bloody expensive. thought it may have reduced a little now, but can't find it much below £50 anywhere.

Ganty said:

Got this for Christmas but I'm really struggling to get into it. Does it improve after the first few hours?

Eddie_M said:

Ganty, it does improve massively, gets more and more like GTA, but in the wild west. There are some bits where it gets a bit weird and slows down again, but deffo worth persevering with. Like you after the first couple of hours, I thought it was not really for me, but so glad i continued...its a good game

cronus71 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ganty View Post
    Got this for Christmas but I'm really struggling to get into it. Does it improve after the first few hours?

Yes, gets better. I felt the same as you, I even struggled with the controls to the point that I ended up shooting folks by mistake, and things like intending to rescue a guy who had his foot trapped in a bear trap, only to kick him to death right after. It does have some shortcomings with controlling your protagonist especialy when you are looking to be more precise.

Iíve completed the game, done most side missions and some of the challenges too. Thereís no game like it, itís absolutely amazing. The story, characters and voice acting is so good, you really get to know the core group and you get attached to them, however annoying they may be. Thereís one mission with Arthur and Lenny that had me in stitches (youíll know which one once your reach that mission). In general the game does portray pretty well how hard life has been back then, though sometimes in humorous ways.
    ďIf I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?Ē

Eddie_M said:

Had to laugh... I did exactly the same near the beginning with a woman trapped under her horse... rescued her then shot her by mistake

evilsatan said:

I shoot people by mistake all the time, so annoying. I've completed the main game, my plan was to get that out the way then do the side missions after but I am finding the side missions appear randomly, I know time of day affects it but they seem to appear randomly even if I set up camp until the various times of the day.

Very fun though, I got a load of new games for Christmas and still haven't opened God of War that I've had for over 6 months so need to get those ut the way but RD is like GTA that you can come back to it whenever.

Eddie_M said:

i have only just discovered that if you tap left on the dpad that your current objectives etc show up...then if you select one the area is highlighted on the map. Ive finished the main story but still enjoying trying to do side missions etc

Mystical_2K said:

Fantastic game, got it in November and completed it before Christmas, put some serious hours into it.
    However once I had finished the main campaign I didnt feel a great need to go and do all the side missions like I did with the 1st one, probably just me getting older and not having the time. I have also avoided the online so far.

The game itself is great tho, its massive (possibly too big as travelling can take a while or you need money to get trains everywhere etc.) and would recommend to everyone to play it.
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.