Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Red Dead Redemption 2

Ok like officer Murtaugh I keep thinking I'm getting too old for this shit and haven't played a proper console game for about seven years (Nvidia shield is ok). I did like the original Red Dead Redemption very much so tonight I've scratched the itch and ordered an Xbox one X Forza pack with Red Dead Redemption 2. Not sure how I'll fit it in with work - I'll just try to do less work. Got a 4k telly but nowadays through a combination of many many hours of close up screen work and probably thirty years of onanism I have to wear glasses for the telly.

Went for the free delivery from Amazon so might not receive everything until Monday especially RDR2 but I've got a busy weekend anyway making cider.

Anyone else ordered the game?
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Loved the first one, not ordered RDD2 because wow is it fuckin expensive, being a tight ass i usually wait a few weeks for the price to come down, and i avoid watching any gameplay so as not to spoil it for me.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I was in the same position as you, not having gamed since PS3. I bought a PS4 Pro earlier this year and have been making time some evenings/weekends to play, I've pre-ordered Red Dead for Friday as I loved the first and I used a Very code to get a decent discount.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Happy to wait 3 years for the PC release and get it for nothing.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'll be picking this up at some point no doubt, won't be at release though.

I'd rather play it on PC, so will keep my eyes open as to an expected release date (2022 probably)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Will be waiting for it on PC in the future. Gutted as I just sold my ps4 for a kayak. Fucking healthy living.....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah I just dont know where the price rises have come from again as most games are now £59.99 with passes more like £90.

Back in the 360/PS3 days I am sure there was a big thing kicked off about game prices and was sort of a gentlemans agreement to cap at £39.99 but it gone bananas again.

Game pass best thing to happen to the xbox and buying a code from CDKeys even better [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Definitely be getting this. If people pay the prices for games then they will keep on charging as they are. iPhone XS for example £1099 is crazy money but people will happily pay for this. So companies will charge more.

That was what the great thing about PC was cheap games but that is going the same way these days unfortunately.

Thanks to lou3b

akimba (23rd October 2018) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by lou3b View Post
    Definitely be getting this. If people pay the prices for games then they will keep on charging as they are. iPhone XS for example £1099 is crazy money but people will happily pay for this. So companies will charge more.

That was what the great thing about PC was cheap games but that is going the same way these days unfortunately.
    I still think PC games are better value than their console counterparts. I bought Dragon Quest 11 for pc £15 cheaper than I could on PS4, a few days after release.

From a pound per hour perspective I still think gaming is a great value hobby.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Iíll be getting it Friday, I adored the original.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The original really was a masterpiece and really reflected the vastness of the frontier. I remember I was riding on my horse in the middle of no where in the game and got attacked by some wild cat.... Killed my horse. I managed to kill it. Ended up spending about an hour in real time just walking to the nearest settlement... Sure I could have fast travelled but I feel '' fast travelling '' in games takes out a lot of the immersion.

In games that has the feature I generally ignore it and walk everywhere. You seen much more of the game and scenery and often see a few funny conversations along the way

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes, Iíve ordered it too. I have the next 4 weeks off work, due to a operation.so I have plenty of time on my hands.
    TAR seems to be a decent bloke!

Thanks
    Karma Level

All I can say is this game is brilliant! the attention to detail they included is next level and the funniest moment had so far was on the horse hit a huge rock which I somehow missed and it catapulted me into a cartwheel of death down a rocky hill, or getting mauled by a mahoosive bear.

Anyone playing in 4k is in for a real treat.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've not even had time to open the packet but I'm really looking forward to it. I set up the Xbox X yesterday morning and set the included Forza games off and running then had to do more cider making.

A workmate said that apparently there that much detail that the horses balls get smaller in the cold weather. I've honestly never even considered horse bollocks in real life so how someone decided to do this I'll never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by lou3b View Post
    All I can say is this game is brilliant! the attention to detail they included is next level and the funniest moment had so far was on the horse hit a huge rock which I somehow missed and it catapulted me into a cartwheel of death down a rocky hill, or getting mauled by a mahoosive bear.

Anyone playing in 4k is in for a real treat.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've played the first mission (the game took hours to copy to the HDD so only had a little time to play) and the graphics are crazy good, particularly the footprints in the snow. I found movement to be a bit slow but this may just be during the first few missions to get the hang of the controls. Will play some more this week when I get time.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wait until you get slightly further into the game! the other half questioned what I was doing when panning the camera to the horses nuts to see them change shape haha. One thing you will find annoying is that the picking up of items mechanism/animation. Its slow as hell and when you have multiple things to loot in a house... won't give too much away but the amount of depth in this is unreal. Could play it for years and still not see everything..

Best way to copy a game to the HDD is to disconnect from the internet when installing from a disc. Speeds it up a heck of a lot.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I found that too, when looting a building rather than open a drawer and automatically picking up multiple contents you do them one by one which I think will get frustrating but time will tell!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Can't wait to play RD2 but I've got a pesky young family sucking up all my fun time!

Thanks to xdam

CallmeGoose (29th October 2018) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

I started it today, as had a day off wife at work daughter at school, thought the first few hours were very good, well disguised tutorial. Did some looting didn't think it took long enough to be an issue

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Opened the game last night and had a nice surprise - two special edition code cards instead of one. They were just stuck together with static, bonus.

Will start the game in a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Social Networking Bookmarks