Software to Recover Corrupted Partition

Thread: Software to Recover Corrupted Partition

Over Carl said:

Default Software to Recover Corrupted Partition

Just had some really bad luck.

Decided today would be the day I sort my PC. Replace the failed hard drive in my RAID 5 setup, fit a new SSD and reinstall windows, and sort a few other minor issues. All day I had a feeling my RAID was going to mess up but I thought it would be due to me knocking a cable off a good drive.

Was having a good day until my RAID decided to corrupt itself. The actual RAID setup seems fine, it rebuilt successfully. However the partition is corrupted. Chkdsk will quickly run to 76% then get stuck and after a few minutes it will give up and boot windows. During all this time I can't hear any activity from the drives.

So is there any decent software that can magically fix this drive, or is my only option to build another RAID setup of same/larger size and use something like GetDataBack (or any other suggestions) and recover the data that way.
    Last edited by Over Carl; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:30 AM.

Over Carl said:

Default Re: Software to Recover Corrupted Partition

Looks like I just needed more patience. A few more reboots/chkdsk and I got the drive back.

evilsatan said:

Default Re: Software to Recover Corrupted Partition

Testdisk can be good for this task for future reference, it is also good at recovering data if the partitions are messed up but disk is still readable!