Lake Vyrnwy panned time-lapse

Thread: Lake Vyrnwy panned time-lapse

dpSparhawk said:

Default Lake Vyrnwy panned time-lapse

30 second clip showing a Time-lapse at Lake Vyrnwy in Wales.

EOS 7D with 10-22mm lens with a Lee Little Stopper (6 stop) filter on the front mounted on a Sevenoak Electronic rotational tripod head set to travel 90deg over 30 minutes.

Over 600 shots of 1/2 second exposure every 3 seconds.
    Shame about the big cloud that came over half way through and killed the light.

Available in 4K because of the 18mp image sizes used to create however I'd recommend watching in 1080p as it's much sharper.

peterc4 said:

Default Re: Lake Vyrnwy panned time-lapse

nice
    see my website at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

WRATH OF BOD said:

Stunning mate

dpSparhawk said:

Cheers guys

So tempted to pull the plug on a device that fully automates the focus and exposure ramping for night to day and vice versa but is $400 Canadian. Will have to think about that

liveseytowers said:

Shame about the cloud but still looks really good. Can you do these at night and get the effect of the stars moving?

dpSparhawk said:

Hi Dave,

Cheers

Yes. I can do Timelapse of stars too. Ideally, I need to be in a real dark sky area. Dumfries and Galloway is recognised as a dark sky site, parts of the Isle of White also.

It's a case of choosing the correct exposure time and ISO with some careful processing afterwards.

Here's an attempt I made in Devon a few years back. Not quite so refined and I got some light pollution from a car but I did indeed manage to Timelapse the Milkyway. I understand more about what is required now so certainly another attempt will be made at some point. Plus if I decide to buy the intervalometer that can auto focus and exposure ramp for night to day, that'll help make some awesome Timelapse.

Watch via Youtube as it's a bit clearer.