Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Fat Loss Gym Circuit

Morning, looking for some experienced eyes to cast over this routine that I have been doing the last 3 weeks.

My goal is fat burning and weight loss. I've tried to incoorporate some HIIT, and some strength based training of larger muscle groups (shoulders, legs and chest)

I've a lot of weight to lose, so want to ensure that this is the right way to go for the next couple of months at least.

Diet is on point so I'm comfortable with that.

Monday

10 Min warm up walk - 10MPH
    Lat Pull - 3 sets of 15 reps at semi comfortable weight. 1 set of 5 at increased weight, 2 sets at 15 at semi comfortable weight.
    Chest Press - 3 sets of 15 reps at semi comfortable weight. 1 set of 5 at increased weight, 2 sets at 15 at semi comfortable weight.
    Kettle Bell Swings - 3 Sets of 15 double arm. 1 set of 10 single arm, 1 set of 10 on other arm.
    Rope Battle - 3 bursts of as long as possible (usually 25/30 seconds by this stage)
    10 minute walk for cool down.
    Mat stretches.

Tuesday

Couch 2 5K run program via the App.
    Involves 7 runs or specific time with 90 second rest building up over 9 weeks

Thursday

10 Minutes Rower
    Hack Squat standard 40KG, no added weights - 3 Sets of 15 Squats
    Seated leg curl - 3 sets of 15 reps at semi comfortable weight. 1 set of 5 at increased weight, 2 sets at 15 at semi comfortable weight.
    Deadlifts - 2 sets of 10 - Currently lifting 70KG, which is a real push at the moment.
    Rope Battle - 3 bursts of as long as possible
    Lat Pull - 3 sets of 15 reps at semi comfortable weight. 1 set of 5 at increased weight, 2 sets at 15 at semi comfortable weight.
    Chest Press - 3 sets of 15 reps at semi comfortable weight. 1 set of 5 at increased weight, 2 sets at 15 at semi comfortable weight.
    Kettle Bell Swings - 3 Sets of 15 double arm. 1 set of 10 single arm, 1 set of 10 on other arm.
    Rope Battle - 3 bursts of as long as possible (usually 25/30 seconds by this stage)
    Mat stretches.

Friday

Couch 2 5K run program via the App.
    Involves 7 runs or specific time with 90 second rest building up over 9 weeks

Saturday

Cross Trainer - 10 Minutes on steady level (low)
    Box Jumps - 2 Sets of 10.
    Ball Slams - 3 sets of 15 - 13 KG ball.
    Rope Battle - 3 bursts of as long as possible
    Mat stretches.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Fat Loss Gym Circuit

Looks, to me, quite impressive (i am no expert!)

You sure the warm up is 10MPH? Thats 16kmph which is really really fast (IMO) - the world record marathon was at a average of 20.5km/h.

Couch to 5km is a great tool to get you running. I have been using their other app 0-100 push ups. I'm in week 7 and it is great and i can see results. The best thing for me on this is i can do it in front of the TV with the misses on the sofa. I did 220 pushups last night in total, where when i started i could barely do 20.

Thanks to grrrd

BigBrand (9th November 2018) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by grrrd View Post
    Looks, to me, quite impressive (i am no expert!)

You sure the warm up is 10MPH? Thats 16kmph which is really really fast (IMO) - the world record marathon was at a average of 20.5km/h.

Couch to 5km is a great tool to get you running. I have been using their other app 0-100 push ups. I'm in week 7 and it is great and i can see results. The best thing for me on this is i can do it in front of the TV with the misses on the sofa. I did 220 pushups last night in total, where when i started i could barely do 20.

Sorry, it's 10 KPH / 5.5 MPH! Forget the treadmills are different.

I did the Couch 3 5k a few years back felt great at the end running for 30 minutes, which for me is a lot, althought I was 3/4 stone lighter then.

4 weeks ago, I hit 25.1 stones/ 159KG! I'm down to 23stone 4 lbs now / 148 KG, so have a long way to go, but thank you for the comments on the routine.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Looks good to me, as with any exercise regime, it's best to judge it from results than opinions.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by xdam View Post
    Looks good to me, as with any exercise regime, it's best to judge it from results than opinions.
    Agreed, however I expect at some stage I will need to monitor the weights and move them up, or change the way I work the bigger muscle groups also.

Thanks for the input buddy

Here's to the next stone bracket!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Post your diet, on point is vague at best!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Perhaps slightly off topic but I have recently been doing a Juice Fast not for weight loss but for problems with Blood Pressure that the tablets seem to have been ineffective at bringing down.

The good news was in 2 weeks the doctor is now talking about reducing my meds as my blood pressure is now lower than it has been for years.
    The added bonus is I lost 1.5 stones in 10 days. Bonus :-)

Still want my BP a little lower so still fasting atm. Currently day 18 of no solids. Actually past all the withdrawals and detoxing and have tonnes of energy and currently miss nothing (apart from chewing). Feel better than I have felt in probably close to 10 years tbh.

Not cheap though. I could eat Rump steak from a high end butcher every other day compared to juicing :-(

After 2 weeks you only crave healthy stuff for some reason, guess your body is rewiring unhealthy cravings in your brain or something, but went from missing kebabs, steak etc to now thinking about a Greek Salad and wholegrain rice. Fuck knows why cos I almost never ate wholegrain rice but I can't stop thinking about it pmsl.

2 Thanks given to piggzy

4me2 (14th May 2019), BigBrand (9th November 2018) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ganty View Post
    Post your diet, on point is vague at best!

It's fairly static, but revolves around the following:

Breakfast

- Omlette & Spinach
    - Oats, Milk, Berries
    - Wholemeal bread, tomato, greens
    - Bananas & porridge

Dinners

Usually lean meats and Fish Rice Vegetables
    Homemade vegetable Soup, wholemeal role
    Large salads with lean meats
    Meats/Fish & Greens

Tea's

similar to Dinners, often some sweet potato or rice with Meat & Veg.
    Lots of Greens / Asparagus, Kale/ Spinache and Carrots/Sweede/Butternut Squash

I mix and match meals depending on what I've made that week on bulk.

General rules

- Very little or no added sugars
    - Only eat wholemeal rice/pasta
    - Tend to only each one form of Carb such as Potato/Rice/Pasta/Wholemeal bread once a day and no more than 4 times a week.
    - 4L of water a day, every day.
    - No processed foods, and stay away from beige.
    - Enjoy treats, crisps, chocolate, bicsuits, sauces in moderation
    - No beer (where possiblle), Vokda, Gin, Whiskey with diet cokes. (BEER is my downfall!)
    - No take aways that are not controleld (IE having one tonight, but will be Shish Shicken in a salad box!)

I snack on nuts, seeds/ fruit and carrot sticks etc throughout the day, of if I'm really hungry, some meat wrapped in lettuce with a touch of cheese etc.

I do track my daily intake, every bite, on MyFitnessPal, and average 1200-1400 calories each day.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Perhaps slightly off topic but I have recently been doing a Juice Fast not for weight loss but for problems with Blood Pressure that the tablets seem to have been ineffective at bringing down.

The good news was in 2 weeks the doctor is now talking about reducing my meds as my blood pressure is now lower than it has been for years.

Still want my BP a little lower so still fasting atm. Currently day 18 of no solids. Actually past all the withdrawals and detoxing and have tonnes of energy and currently miss nothing (apart from chewing). Feel better than I have felt in probably close to 10 years tbh.

Not cheap though. I could eat Rump steak from a high end butcher every other day compared to juicing :-(

After 2 weeks you only crave healthy stuff for some reason, guess your body is rewiring unhealthy cravings in your brain or something, but went from missing kebabs, steak etc to now thinking about a Greek Salad and wholegrain rice. Fuck knows why cos I almost never ate wholegrain rice but I can't stop thinking about it pmsl.
    Know the feeling, the excitment I had for a 60g wholemeal barm cake with my soup at lunch was unreal.

Thanks to BigBrand

piggzy (9th November 2018) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Diet looks solid, if you've done that routine and diet for the last 3 weeks you should have seen solid results already, based on your comment that you have a lot of weight to lose.

Thanks to Ganty

BigBrand (9th November 2018) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post

What juices are you drinking/eating? I need to lose my stomach pronto before its to late!

Thanks to Rick Sanchez

piggzy (10th November 2018) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Anything is better than not juicing at all so for example if you can't stomach a certain juice than have one you enjoy as it's not like other diets and you will still lose weight and benefit even if not as much. e.g Keto type diets, you break a rule and it is back to square one and you lose nothing etc

The best juices are at least 60% veg based. I juice a lot of beetroot which I am getting bored of fast. Everyone does kale which I hate but I found a very similar hardy green stem from a local farm shop which google says is much the same nutrition wise and I don't mind. Baby cabbage is nice and sweet and not like cabbage.

A lot of ginger root is very good for you as is turmeric root if you can find it. Tonnes of apples, bramleys are great if you don't mind sour as they mask the flavour of anything unpleasant and despite the bullshit myths eating cooking apples has zero effect on your stomach. Get a masticating juicer though not a centrifugal one.

Parsnips, turnips, sweet potato, celeriac & fennel are all virtually tasteless when you chuck in a few apples. Pears great too and more juice.
    Melon is king of juice.

For my BP it has been fennel, pomegranate, beetroot, melon and a couple I forget which have changed my life.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrand View Post

- No take aways that are not controleld (IE having one tonight, but will be Shish Shicken in a salad box!)
    Chicken Shish kebab, chilli sauce and loads veg mmmm our kebab house does them over proper charcoals not a grill mmm could eat that every day ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrand View Post

Breakfast

- Omlette & Spinach
    - Oats, Milk, Berries
    - Wholemeal bread, tomato, greens
    - Bananas & porridge

Dinners

Usually lean meats and Fish Rice Vegetables
    Homemade vegetable Soup, wholemeal role
    Large salads with lean meats
    Meats/Fish & Greens

Tea's

similar to Dinners, often some sweet potato or rice with Meat & Veg.
    Lots of Greens / Asparagus, Kale/ Spinache and Carrots/Sweede/Butternut Squash

I mix and match meals depending on what I've made that week on bulk.

General rules

- Very little or no added sugars
    - Only eat wholemeal rice/pasta
    - Tend to only each one form of Carb such as Potato/Rice/Pasta/Wholemeal bread once a day and no more than 4 times a week.
    - 4L of water a day, every day.
    - No processed foods, and stay away from beige.
    - Enjoy treats, crisps, chocolate, bicsuits, sauces in moderation
    - No beer (where possiblle), Vokda, Gin, Whiskey with diet cokes. (BEER is my downfall!)

I snack on nuts, seeds/ fruit and carrot sticks etc throughout the day, of if I'm really hungry, some meat wrapped in lettuce with a touch of cheese etc.

I do track my daily intake, every bite, on MyFitnessPal, and average 1200-1400 calories each day.
    Looks good and good luck m8.

Only thing I wish I'd be warned about whilst on my way to losing 11 stone 10 years ago was gallstones. My exercise was all non-gym interval walking then running. Took 8 months in total. For me I had to keep it REAL simple.

I kept everything sub 5% SatFat. It took 6 months on that regime for me to start having gallbladder attacks, then another 3 months before they took the bastard thing out.

All the time I was having monthly practice nurse visits at my Doc. She never mentioned a word about the dangers of low fat / quick weight loss and gallbladder disease.

I could have easily avoided it by having a weekly 'relatively' high fat meal. I think you can also get some kind of supplements too.

Anyway keep at it and all the best.

Thanks to tef89

BigBrand (13th November 2018) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Great advice mate, something I know nothing about, or considered, will do some more research.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well a month down the line, I'm now ending this circuit and changing this up, going to write a new circuit next week.

I'm 18 lbs down and have build some muscle, I feel great as a result but the weight loss has slowed down, so time to change this up.

I'm going to keep the ball slams as they're a great stress reliver, but what other elements should I look to change up?

I'm thinking of removing some of the box word and move into boxing for some enchanced cardio .

Social Networking Bookmarks