Keto Diet - anyone on it?

Thread: Keto Diet - anyone on it?

xdam said:

Question Keto Diet - anyone on it?

Does anyone here do a Keto diet?

Just wondering who's had success with it and if there are any good tips about on the forum.

BigBrand said:

Default Re: Keto Diet - anyone on it?

The other half has been on KETO for some time this year.

She's said the following previously

- Fasting is much harder when you're lazy - keep busy.
    - Prepare to really up your phyrical activity.
    - Carbs are NOT king. She's a sucker for sneaking unplanned carbs in, and wonders why it's impacted her weight loss and wellbeing.

piggzy said:

Currently on a juice diet for health not weight loss reasons but have done Keto and will do it again. Brilliant for me. I don't really like Bread or Potatoes so I found it easy. Missed pasta a bit and a few other things but I quite enjoyed it tbh

jaygo said:

Look up
    Richie Howey and teamrh on social media

Watch his videos and take it all in then go back and look at Keto diet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIG-TED said:

Watch the magic pill.
    the wife and I have been on keto since april, lost a shit load of weight. feel much better.
    Its not a diet you have to adopt a change of life style. No cheating else its all out of the window and your back to square one.
    Had my 40+ MOT a few weeks back, never said anything to the doc about my diet. Was interested in the results, blood pressure great, hr great, ldl cholesterol spot on the bad cholesterol low.
    It goes against all we have been told by the powers that be.

check out Dr Ken Berry and Tim Nokes on social media.

The missus skin has never been clearer, and her stomach issues pretty much a thing of the past.
    As you look in to to things the amount of hidden carbs in food is alot. peas for example.
    No sugar and low carb for me is the future.

Pm me if your interested and i'll send you missus big teds insta acount name, the food she manages to rustle up is amazing.

Ted
    Run your wife a nice hot bath, light some candles & pour some wine. Then you've at least 40 mins on the xbox plus a clean wife.

Experts... x is an unknown quantity and spurt is a fast drip.

WRATH OF BOD said:

Any free info in this, wife bean on slimming world for 2 months last a stone, now stuck & not loosing much, looked online and after going through a few sites making a diet plan they want money.

Over Carl said:

Is this actually safe?

I haven't really looked into it, but my brief reading suggested the diet puts the body in a state of ketosis. While it is true this will burn fat, apparently ketosis is a very serious life threatening condition.

piggzy said:

Quote Originally Posted by Over Carl View Post
    Is this actually safe?

I haven't really looked into it, but my brief reading suggested the diet puts the body in a state of ketosis. While it is true this will burn fat, apparently ketosis is a very serious life threatening condition.
    Ketosis is not life threatening lol. It is a condition your body may put itself into in what it thinks is life threatening circumstances but putting your body into it
    is done by hundreds of thousands if not millions of people daily. It is a very popular diet with very good results that are well documented.

Of course there are a few saying you will drop down dead and your willy will fall off but that is the same with ALL diets. Do your research.

Zippeyrude said:

I did it a couple of years ago, easy to shed weight.
    I think it was from a link someone posted, loads of grapefruits were involved
    I ate veg and meat like a monster and cheated on a weekend day.
    Worked great but after 3 months the temptation of variety was great and keeping to meat and salad was challenging.