Which UK Mobile Network ??

Thread: Which UK Mobile Network ??

piggzy said:

Default Which UK Mobile Network ??

Have recently had to ditch GiffGaff with regret.
    I think they are brilliant and would have loved to have stayed but the O2 mast where I live packed in 9 months ago
    and after constant promises from O2 to sort it I have now given up.

As a result O2 or any O2 mvno such as GiffGaff is not an option.

I prefer PayAsYouGo as tbh I make fuck all calls so typically just would get a 30 day package.
    On GiffGaff 7 a month gave me more minutes, data and SMS than I could ever use.

Currently trying out EE but I seem to be getting a few drop outs so verdict still out.

Don't care if it is main network are an MVNO piggybacking off one.

Just interested in what deals are out there. Cheers guys.

hoponbaby said:

Default Re: Which UK Mobile Network ??

Plusnet normally have some decent cheap deals around, pay 8 a month for my nippers

MHP said:

I've been with O2 since they were Cellnet. I was quite happy with them but they seem to have become very complacent over the last few years. I had limited service in my home but I used their TuGo app to route my calls and text's via wifi. They pulled the plug on this and have not replaced it. I'll be looking elsewhere when my sim only contract ends.

piggzy said:

Quote Originally Posted by MHP View Post
    I've been with O2 since they were Cellnet. I was quite happy with them but they seem to have become very complacent over the last few years. I had limited service in my home but I used their TuGo app to route my calls and text's via wifi. They pulled the plug on this and have not replaced it. I'll be looking elsewhere when my sim only contract ends.
    Yeah, I am pissed off. The service was flawless and to be fair is still spot on away from home but I do need a signal where I live for fucks sake. Just checked O2's site again and still shows mast is down. 9 fucking months infact thinking about it it is probably 12 months as I remember moaning about it last xmas.

Oh well. Off to find a new provider. As above currently trying a month on EE, seems fine atm but for same money I get about a third of what I got on GiffGaff :-(

sniper said:

i’ll Second plusnet , another one is idmobile ...carphone warehouses own but I got a better deal with them using Uswitch than I did with their website.
    Cheers

Sniper

My Specs
    ---------

x-ray (i wish) :p

JonEp said:

I was in Keswick in the Lakes over the weekend. No chance with 02 and its been like that for more than a decade I've been visiting. The locals ALL use EE though my three data sim had signal throughout.

If you want to stick with GiffGaff and have a dual sim phone, stick a Anywhere PAYG Sim (available from Argos for 1) in the second slot and set GG to redirect to it when out of network. Anywhere roams freely on the the strongest network regardless of provider.

anywheresim.com

Mickey said:

Quote Originally Posted by hoponbaby View Post
    Plusnet normally have some decent cheap deals around, pay 8 a month for my nippers
    I WOULDNT TOUCH THEM IF THEY PAID ME. I had nothing but trouble with using them as my new ISP. The feckers kept taking the cash every month also when I cancelled my contract, still awaiting the refund
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mickey said:

I use 3, not had many issues exept when I first got the contract and went over to my partners just passed skipton, I rang them up and they basically said they are so sorry but if you want to leave your contract then that's fine.

Since then they have improved their coverage, especially out in North Yorkshire

Soulassassin said:

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    I WOULDNT TOUCH THEM IF THEY PAID ME. I had nothing but trouble with using them as my new ISP. The feckers kept taking the cash every month also when I cancelled my contract, still awaiting the refund
    I had the same issue with Plusnet. Wouldn't have em if they were free.

piggzy said:

Quote Originally Posted by JonEp View Post
    I was in Keswick in the Lakes over the weekend. No chance with 02 and its been like that for more than a decade I've been visiting. The locals ALL use EE though my three data sim had signal throughout.

If you want to stick with GiffGaff and have a dual sim phone, stick a Anywhere PAYG Sim (available from Argos for 1) in the second slot and set GG to redirect to it when out of network. Anywhere roams freely on the the strongest network regardless of provider.

anywheresim.com
    Will have another look JonEP. I did look at them about a year back and they looked brilliant but no 4G, hopefully that has changed.

Edit: No it hasn't. 4G only on the Plus sims and 30 for 30 days...... fuck that.
    Last edited by piggzy; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:36 AM.

Lou_smorals said:

Hi
    Virgin are cheap and use EE, 30 days contract on sim only
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP

ss30 said:

I'm with Three and their 321 PAYG is fantastic value for low users and you get 4G.

hoponbaby said:

I've had plusnet for our one office internet line as well and never had an issue, speed and uptime has been spot on and no billing issues as it never changes.

As for virgin well just migrated over to them from EE and 2 weeks on it's still fucked and cant receive text messages, support seem clueless

DJ Overdose said:

Me and Doris been on Three for years. Had same issues with o2 signal at home so fucked them off.

Got unlimited everything for 19. Which is the price of two London pints...

DJ OD

piggzy said:

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    Got unlimited everything for 19. Which is the price of two London pints...
    DJ OD
    Glad I don't live in London. Fucked off a couple of places round here started charging over 5 a pint. Fuck that.
    If I choose the right pub round here it is still normal for under 4 for a good local ale and we are talking a fucking good pint too. Poor bastard ;-)

DJ Overdose said:

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    a good local ale
    Have you got a beard?

DJ OD

piggzy said:

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    Have you got a beard?
    DJ OD
    :-) Of sorts lol.... What's wrong ? Scared of tasting something ;-)

beerman said:

Quote Originally Posted by JonEp View Post

anywheresim.com
    I bought an anywhere sim last time you mentioned this, have three and anywhere running in my oneplus5t. I can't remember the last time I lost signal on three though.