Christmas adverts

Thread: Christmas adverts

DJ Overdose said:

Reality Christmas adverts

So i have a vague reason to analyse this because I indirectly work for M&S.

Every year there’s like mad secret squirrel shite about Christmas adverts. Each year recently I laugh at how pitiful they’ve been from M&S, John Lewis and all the other retailers.

This year John Lewis takes the crown as the shittest. Been two years since their “pedo on the moon” advert.

But M&S have been just as shite for years.

M&S this year is all about their new golden child, holly “not much upstairs” willobooby. While JL have gone for a fucking life story for Elton John... Joanna Lumley and Jason Stathams missis have obviously bailed M&S.

The money spent on these adverts is insane. And honestly, only the M&S food adverts have ever been that good. Santa on a Coca Cola truck has nothing to worry about.

BTW I love Christmas lol including the build up, but I resent this shit...

DJ OD
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Ashley said:

Default Re: Christmas adverts

I actually thought last years John Lewis with the Big bear thing was pretty good, as the shop had the interactive windows up Oxford Street.

Other then that I agree with you it seems a bit of a waste really .

DJ Overdose said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    I actually thought last years John Lewis with the Big bear thing was pretty good, as the shop had the interactive windows up Oxford Street.

Other then that I agree with you it seems a bit of a waste really .
    Well this year at John Lewis on Oxford Street you can interact with the “recording studio” for the track in the advert and play on Elton’s piano....

DJ OD

Ashley said:

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    Well this year at John Lewis on Oxford Street you can interact with the “recording studio” for the track in the advert and play on Elton’s piano....

DJ OD

ss30 said:

What I don't get with these Christmas adverts is most of them show no products, so I don't understand how the advert get's people in the shop buying stuff.

I got nothing against the Elton one this year but watching it doesn't make me think, shit I must buy all of my Christmas presents from JL or is it just me am I missing something?

My fav Christmas advert what the Bear and Hare with the alarm clock, I also liked Lilly Allen's version of Some where only we know.

akimba said:

The JL bear just one of those tight gits who dont buy anyone anything lol.

I aint seen it yet but the vodafone one was filmed in the village next to ours, martin freeman skating on a temporary ice rink or something.

Also best one I seen so far is the Sainsburys one, think its quite cool and watch out for the plug awesome ;-)

ss30 said:

+1 for the Plug

piggzy said:

Hate all things christmas with a passion. Especially the fucking advertising.

ss30 said:

Bah humbug

piggzy said:

Quote Originally Posted by ss30 View Post
    Bah humbug
    I really am. Not gonna join in the hypocrisy of it all. It is a load of made up bullshit.

akimba said:

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    I really am. Not gonna join in the hypocrisy of it all. It is a load of made up bullshit.
    Yeah but what about the plug in the Sains advert Piggzy got to give erm 10 out of 10 for that ;-)

dibbler said:

I think the Manchester makes Christmas advert is great.
    My daughter plays in the band that have done the music. She plays the second solo.
    Lump to the throat moment for me and a lot of our family as my father in law is very ill and probably wont see Christmas this year.
    If you watch you may understand.
    [spoiler]

[\spoiler]

piggzy said:

Quote Originally Posted by akimba View Post
    Yeah but what about the plug in the Sains advert Piggzy got to give erm 10 out of 10 for that ;-)
    Not seen it. I watch almost all ad free TV :-)