Plusnet: I will do you proud

Thread: Plusnet: I will do you proud

Mickey said:

Default Plusnet: I will do you proud

Had a bit of fun over on the plusnet boards, and I have noticed lots of people in the same boat as I, below is pasted from what I have posted on there

Hi
    just a heads up to all the customers that read this
    I was mis-sold a product from plusnet and when I spoke to the tech team to clarify that plusnets broadband would do what I required the tech lady seemed uneducated and asked me "what is a VPN". so I cancelled my broadband/telephone as it was unfit for me working from home and I wasn't prepared to gamble that it would work.

All seemed fine, I got an email to say that there was no charge as I was in the 14 day cooling off period. (10 days)

To my horror these last few weeks as I noticed that the direct debits that was supposed to have been cancelled were being taken out. 3 months in total. I quickly got online and cancelled my direct debit on my banking app then contacted PlusNet.

The call took nearly 2 hours to get through and I was told that their updated system had issues and they would send out to my address a Cheque for the services I did not receive. This deadline for the cheque was today and it never arrived.
    To make things worse when I cancelled the Direct debit I got numerous TxTs and emails threatening me to restrict my services and have additional costs put onto my account as the direct debits had been cancelled.

So this was the last straw.
    I have passed all the correspondences to the Ombudsman and also the research team at the BBC watchdog programme.

I have spent about 12 hours in phone calls over the last 3 months and they have gotten me no where Once the Ombudsman has dealt with this Company I will be seeking litigation
    Last edited by Mickey; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:36 PM.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Ashley said:

Default Re: Plusnet: I will do you proud

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Had a bit of fun over on the plusnet boards, and I have noticed lots of people in the same boat as I, below is pasted from what I have posted on there

Hi
    just a heads up to all the customers that read this
    I was mis-sold a product from plusnet and when I spoke to the tech team to clarify that plusnets broadband would do what I required the tech lady seemed uneducated and asked me "what is a VPN". so I cancelled my broadband/telephone as it was unfit for me working from home and I wasn't prepared to gamble that it would work.

All seemed fine, I got an email to say that there was no charge as I was in the 14 day cooling off period. (10 days)

To my horror these last few weeks as I noticed that the direct debits that was supposed to have been cancelled were being taken out. 3 months in total. I quickly got online and cancelled my direct debit on my banking app then contacted PlusNet.

The call took nearly 2 hours to get through and I was told that their updated system had issues and they would send out to my address a Cheque for the services I did not receive. This deadline for the cheque was today and it never arrived.
    To make things worse when I cancelled the Direct debit I got numerous TxTs and emails threatening me to restrict my services and have additional costs put onto my account as the direct debits had been cancelled.

So this was the last straw.
    I have passed all the correspondences to the Ombudsman and also the research team at the BBC watchdog programme.

I have spent about 12 hours in phone calls over the last 3 months and they have gotten me no where Once the Ombudsman has dealt with this Company I will be seeking litigation
    Contact OFCOM, they are better as first port of call, I’m also having trouble with Plusnet as service just keeps dropping out.

I had them for years and had no problems this last year they’ve been absolutely shit.

Rhinoz said:

As soon as BT took over PlusNet the quality of service as gone down hill, they were actually a decent company many years ago.

Mickey said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Contact OFCOM, they are better as first port of call, I’m also having trouble with Plusnet as service just keeps dropping out.

I had them for years and had no problems this last year they’ve been absolutely shit.
    Never thought of Ofcom tbh
    ill stick with both the ombudsman and watchdog. ive asked for proof on the plusnet community forums that they indeed sent out a cheque on 9/11..
    According to whats on their forums there are loads of people with exactly the same issues as I have had.

ilscuro said:

I nearly signed up with these, thank fuck i didn't, hope you get it sorted.

piggzy said:

I had one issue with PlusNet. An email to their CEO (which I got from CEOEmail) and all problems resolved in 24 hours, with compo.

evilsatan said:

I've just moved my mum over to these from BT, halved her bill but wondering if this was the best move now! When I have dealt with Plusnet tech support in the past I was impressed, British call centre with staff who seemed to know what they were talking about rather than reading a script bu perhaps they are a victim of their own success now...

Over Carl said:

I remember we were being hassled by BT for an extra month's payment after we had terminated our contract. I sent a letter to their CEO informing them that they had no grounds to demand any payment and any further attempt to demand money would be considered as fraud by misrepresentation and appropriate action taken.

Didn't get a reply but the demands stopped.

akimba said:

yeah screw the ombudsman, CEOMail and copy in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] soon puts the sh!ts up most companies ;-)

piggzy said:

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    I've just moved my mum over to these from BT, halved her bill but wondering if this was the best move now! When I have dealt with Plusnet tech support in the past I was impressed, British call centre with staff who seemed to know what they were talking about rather than reading a script bu perhaps they are a victim of their own success now...
    I was with them about 4 years ago and apart from the one issue which I will admit was caused by BT Openreach, I had a perfect time with them and brilliant CS.

I get the impression all the issues seem to have appeared since BT bought em out in more recent times ?!?!?

TBF Though I am currently with John Lewis Broadband who just resell Plusnet, so I would assume it is basically the same with an added layer of support. Again I have had no problems at all in the entire time and my contract is up in 2 months. Have no reason to leave them but I will as I always find the deals for new customers can't be beat staying with your current ISP.

Mickey said:

Got a fake email from them this morning which put the shiits up me for about 20 seconds then I realized I closed the direct debit. This was sent to my phone and email adress

Thanks for clearing the outstanding balance on your account
    Dear Mr Mickey Account Username: mickey We've successfully taken an outstanding payment of £26.49 for your service. You can see the invoice for this and other payments at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You should be able to start making phone calls within the hour
    Need help?
    For more information about payments, check our [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. If you've got any questions about your service, please use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Kind regards, Plusnet Customer Support [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

When I spoke to the muppet in customer support (45 minute wait time) he said that the system was automated but couldn't be stopped. I then told him that I'm recording this message
    and could he verify what he has just said, guy said can you please wait and I will check with my supervisor
    (he already knew there's an ombudsman dealing with them) and after 5 minutes he said all he could do was barr my phone number to stop me getting fakes TxTs and I would have to block the emails using my email program

just having a load of fun on the plusnet forums, the mods are proper amateurs

Last edited by Mickey; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:36 PM.

Mickey said:

Buhahahha
    I just been banned from plusnet

alI did was tell a guy that wasn't getting his prescribed internet speed to check out the regs
    AND BANNED

WAS FUN
    if I have got 1 person on their forums to think about the truth I have said and goes to the Ombudsman/trading standards/offcom/BBC then great. I had about 500 views in about 5 days

ill give it a few days and await the ombudsman report before I make a new account

piggzy said:

Wow. Sounds like they have gone to shit. I used to recommend them to people and helped people migrate. This was before the BT takeover which has clearly fucked things up.

It's strange though, go to BT direct and they are fine (although not the cheapest), go to one of the BT owned "other" companies like Talk Talk, Plusnet and a few others and they are utter shite ?!?!?!

Mickey said:

my cousin from Ireland will be making an appearance in the not too distant future lmao
    with an Irish accent and IP to boot

Mickey said:

Spoiler:

piggzy said:

Is it safe to say you have a "bee in your bonnet" ????? :-)

Mickey said:

Spoiler:

not really, just love to piss assoles off that I want to help out customers that are being fuucked up
    Last edited by Mickey; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:42 AM.

Mickey said:

truly they will be sorted
    Spoiler: