Android V Iphone

Thread: Android V Iphone

Over Carl said:

Default Re: Android V Iphone

Quote Originally Posted by Morph View Post

I also hate iTunes (it runs like a dog on Windows PCs as it was made for Macs) I dislike the format of it too, it doesn't seem very "user-friendly" to me at all. All of my music is MP3s which I play through Plex, so there is absolutely no benefit for me to use crApple anything.
    Thank you for reminding me of my one and only Apple purchase (and bad experience) with the first gen ipod. I was pretty impressed with the actual device so I got one. Then I found out instead of being able to drag and drop music to a drive letter like every other mp3 player I had to wait hours and hours for iTunes to convert stuff and load onto the ipod. Sold the piece of junk pretty sharpish. I'm baffled how people find that experience more easy/user friendly.

MHP said:

Quote Originally Posted by Teajunkie View Post
    I have an iPhone but i was going to purchase a one plus 6t just waiting for a decent review before I jump ship.
    I've had the 6T for over a month now. It's by far the best phone I've ever used.

New Art Riot said:

my next phone will probably be the asus rog phone. looks beautiful and a nice spec.

Sanj[UK] said:

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    Maybe. But I know that all my Apple stuff just does what it’s supposed to with minimal fuss.

It just all seems more seemless than when you try and cross brands. As a basic and an example only, I have have a 10” windows/Android tablet, a set of Sony over ear cans. If I want to watch something on the tablet, with no logic or consistency I have to pair/unpair the headphones almost randomly. This doesn’t bother me, it’s just an example.

I have AirPods and as soon as they are in my ear, my iPhone connects instantly. No where near the same sound. In ear vs NC over ear, but in terms of what I want to happen. It works.

I cannot argue about their prices. That takes the piss for sure, but hardware/functionality... I’ve tried many other things, and there is a smoothness there for me.

DJ OD
    This and their support. Went to change the battery on my iPhone 6s, they had an issue swapping it so gave me a brand new phone. The fact they have stores everywhere and can do repairs/support in a physical presence is under-rated. My cousins s9 has a crack on the screen and Samsung want him to ship it to him (might be a Canada only thing though) it's going to take 5-10 days to fix..who has that time for that?

The smart thing Apple did is, once you have a few devices (couple of phones, iPad, Macbook, Apple TV) etc it is very hard to leave a very convenient, easy to use but expensive eco-system.

I'm in the process of buying a few smart appliances and I wont touch anything that is not Home Kit compatible (simply because Apple is all about it working with no fuss out of the box)

Over Carl said:

It's debatable whether it's preferable to go into a store and have the issue dealt with on the spot or whether someone would prefer to send the item via post. I can see the advantage in having the issue dealt with immediately whilst I can also see the advantage in not having to go to the apple store.

However with regards to their amazing customer service, it sounds like things have changed
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Apparently people are purchasing new ipads that are bent from day one, then apple are rejecting warranty claims because the ipads are bent.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by From that reddit thread
    I came to this realization yesterday at an Apple store. Took in a $3000 MacBook Pro purchased in May for service due to constant problems with the keyboard (sticky keys) and was told I’d have to mail it off and wait 12 - 14 days... I’m out of production for two weeks because of a known design defect.

Hmm, have to go to the shop then it needs to be sent off for repair. Suddenly having to send something back to Samsung and get it back in 5-10 days doesn't sound so bad.
    Last edited by Over Carl; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:55 PM.

Bilbo_baggin said:

I've just got the Huawei Mate 20 Pro. Have to say it's pretty awesome!

Always liked Android over Iphone though.

Just need to flog my 2 Samsungs now, lol...

Sanj[UK] said:

Quote Originally Posted by Over Carl View Post
    It's debatable whether it's preferable to go into a store and have the issue dealt with on the spot or whether someone would prefer to send the item via post. I can see the advantage in having the issue dealt with immediately whilst I can also see the advantage in not having to go to the apple store.

However with regards to their amazing customer service, it sounds like things have changed

Apparently people are purchasing new ipads that are bent from day one, then apple are rejecting warranty claims because the ipads are bent.

Edit:

Hmm, have to go to the shop then it needs to be sent off for repair. Suddenly having to send something back to Samsung and get it back in 5-10 days doesn't sound so bad.
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
    Ya i was reading the bent ipad thing on reddit. There is 0 excuse for that but then again Samsung were shipping phones where the batteries were blowing up. Nothing is ever going to be perfect.

piggzy said:

Quote Originally Posted by Sanj[UK] View Post
    Ya i was reading the bent ipad thing on reddit. There is 0 excuse for that but then again Samsung were shipping phones where the batteries were blowing up. Nothing is ever going to be perfect.
    Course not. However Apple users blindly defend the brand and like to pretend it is perfect.

Apple is just a clever massive marketing machine and has way too many victims imho
    I was one for a while and soooooo glad I jumped ship. Probably saved thousands since I fucked em off for alternative brands that are just as good if not better for a fraction of the price.

Ashley said:

Itís a debate that will rage on forever, horses for courses and what not.

Iíve had Apple for years and in April got the new Galaxy S9+, I couldnít get on with it and went back to an iPhone X.

I like the design and build quality my iPhone but the S9+ was just as well built.

DJ Overdose said:

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Course not. However Apple users blindly defend the brand and like to pretend it is perfect.
    Bit of a sweeping statement. I hardly defend the brand. They are a business that makes money no doubt but they’ve not had much of mine. I’m still using my iPhone 6 Plus that I got from Maltloaf years ago. I got a first gen iwatch as a gift when they were new. And my AirPods I saved for and love them.

Ex Apple users remind me a bit of ex smokers. Lol.

As mentioned this is a debate that will never end. But when the fanboys start giving it about one better than the other that’s when it’s a bit silly.

Ford or Vauxhall. Daddy or Chips. All that.

Is Apple more trusted than Google, Samsung or Microsoft? That’s maybe a better question.

I remember seeing and inspirational speaker or ted talk or something. He was some sort of business consultant. Basically did the same speech to Apple and Microsoft. He said apples business plan was about working with health professionals, environmentalists and try to make products to help and make people’s lives easier. And Microsoft was basically just we want to be bigger than Apple.

DJ OD

GTI said:

iPhone 8 plus, Ipad Pro, Apple Watch Series 4 and Macbook Air... those fuckers have me sown up