Laser jet deals ?

Thread: Laser jet deals ?

josweet said:

Default Laser jet deals ?

Sick and tired of shitty inkjet printers and all the fookin mess. I dont need anything fancy as, it only for the likes of childrens homework.
    Any suggestions on a good cheap Colour Laserjet with Scanner ?
    I found the Lexmark one, but the toner refills are a ripp off & to make it WIFI is extra> [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The Samsung MFP M277dw is more expensive, & still no cheap refills.

piggzy said:

Default Re: Laser jet deals ?

Not sure on prices but I have an OKI colour laser.
    Even if the prices of carts are expensive I haven't changed one in about 2 years and use it a decent amount.

It just works without issue. Occasional jam but thats it.

Can check model if you want more info.

Teajunkie said:

Does it have to have a scanner?

i use a brother 3140cw laser printer and refills are 34 for the set and they last me 6months under normal use.
    It was around 100 when I bought it around 2 years ago and it’s been a great workhorse Wi-fi and lan connections alongside the usual usb.
    Instagram and twitter @mrteajunkie.

beerman said:

Quote Originally Posted by Teajunkie View Post
    Does it have to have a scanner?

i use a brother 3140cw laser printer and refills are 34 for the set and they last me 6months under normal use.
    It was around 100 when I bought it around 2 years ago and it’s been a great workhorse Wi-fi and lan connections alongside the usual usb.
    I have the exact same printer. Use it quite a bit and haven't refilled it yet. For the price it's a great printer and as you mentioned the refills are cheap.

josweet said:

Something like the brother 3140cw as suggested would be good, with the compact design, cheap toner, WIFI ect.. but the Boss wants a scanner in with it to make copies of her mums doctors record's when they come through.
    Do you know if there is a version up from that which has a scanner built in ?

Teajunkie said:

I have two epson printers with scanners in them so no need for a scanner.
    When you say compact I think you need to go see some laser printers in a shop.

They are very heavy and pretty big printers you might be surprised how heavy they are!
    mines probably 2 or 3 x the size of my epson xp605 and about 20 times the weight

josweet said:

We used to have a laserjet a while back until the drum failed & at the time we grabbed a shitty cheapy inkjet from some Currys deal.
    As expected, if u dont pay through the nose and buy the brand name ink you run into trouble. Ignoring my advice, it was replaced again this year with another shitty Inkjet & all the trouble began again.
    Tbh, ill be glad when i find a replacement, so i can take the piece of shit out side and drop paving slab on it.

hoponbaby said:

You can pickup cheap second hand HP's off ebay, just look for one with a lowish page count and they last forever.

I've still got a couple of 4100's (only b&w) in the office as they're cheap as chips to refill and bomb proof. At home a 1510 which isn't quick but good enough for the kids homework etc.

Teajunkie said:

I wouldn’t buy an inkjet again unless I needed to print photos.
    We have a few printers in the loft I really should throw out too.

Laser printing is cheap as chips if you can get the compatible toners for it.
    My advise before buying a printer is check you can buy the compatible toner some are really expensive and there aren’t many options available.

A single toner for my printer in curry’s was around 80 and I pay 25 delivered for the set online.
    I also recommend searching for reset codes as my toners report empty and still print an extra 200+ pages after a reset.

Over Carl said:

I had a Samsung CLX 3175 brand new. Loved the device as it did everything it said it would quite well, and I found cheap refills on ebay.

However despite light usage the scanner didn't last very long.

Then I got a CLX 3170 that had been heavily used on eBay - my original plan was to strip it for parts and fix the 3175, but I got half way stripping the 3175 then just decided to use the 3170 as it came. Only lasted a few months before that packed up as well. If I remember correctly it was a malfunctioning sensor claiming a paper jam when there was no paper in there, had a look at the sensors to see if something got knocked out of alignment but couldn't see anything obviously wrong so that also went in the bin.

Shame as the devices worked well but they didn't last long.

Also I thought I would mention it's widely known that Lexmark sell dirt cheap printers with extortionate refill costs. Avoid like the plague.