anyone know how to restore a deleted onedrive account?

Thread: anyone know how to restore a deleted onedrive account?

ss30 said:

Default anyone know how to restore a deleted onedrive account?

Hi just before Christmas I set up a new PC for my mum, the PC was brand new and came with windows 10 so it needed to be setup from scratch. The old PC was a windows 7 PC that got the windows 10 upgrade.
    (I have built and setup loads of PC's in the past)

I set it up round her house, once it had setup windows 10 and done all of the updates I installed all of the programs she uses and then shut it down unplugged the DVD drive and plugged the HDD from her old PC in and then copied all of here files from the old PC to here new PC into the Documents and Pictures folders.

Job done I thought.

All was good until I went round on Christmas day and she told me that here one drive was full! (during the setup of the PC it never mentioned the onedrive at all) she had been getting emails from MS telling here it was full and she needed to buy more storage.

So I asked here if she wanted to use onedrive and she said no, so I thought right delete all of the files in onedrive and then delete the onedrive account great job done.

Get a phone call this morning asking where are all of here documents and pictures are!

It turns out that because I deleted them from one drive(even though I never asked them to be backed up to onedrive) they had also been deleted from the PC!!!

I use onedrive myself and haven't had it do this to me so it must be in the settings.

So now she has lost almost 5gb of photos going back 20 years of holidays and when my kid's were babies and of my of sisters daughter from birth to now and all of here word/excel documents.

So is there anyway to restore a deleted onedrive account, (I have gone to the onedrive webpage but when I type in the email address it say's there is no account) looked on google but all of the results seem to talk about a office 365 account which she doesn't have.

Can anyone help

Thanks

Mickey said:

Default Re: anyone know how to restore a deleted onedrive account?

if you can get onto onedrive you can restore the files/photos. I did the exact same last night as i was cleaning up my Hardrive by removing them then to find that they also were removed also on onedrive in cyberland. I had to go into the recycle box ansd restore. was a right pain in the ass. in the end i made a new folder on a spare drive and copied over all the folders so i had a backup

you have a one drive folder on your pc which is mirrored to the onedrive folder
    so anything you do with your drive folder is reflected on the onedrive

I would contact onedrive/microsoft as the files will still be there for a few days
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

ss30 said:

If I hadn't deleted the OneDrive then I would just restore the files but I can't log in to OneDrive any more as there is no account under her email address!

I have got in touch with MS so will see what they say.

sniper said:

Have you still got the old hdd from her old pc ...they will still be on there won’t they
    Cheers

Sniper

My Specs
    ---------

x-ray (i wish) :p

ss30 said:

Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Have you still got the old hdd from her old pc ...they will still be on there won’t they
    I wish I did but that has been destroyed. The HDD was fucked anyway loads of bad sectors so I told them to get a new PC as theres was about 7 years old.

Still waiting for a response from MS