Close

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Cnunting gatso Cameras

I got a flash from a gatso on York Road leeds. when I went through the Camera it took my photo. WTF I went through it at 40, my satnav informed me that I was doing a lil over 40 about 2 miles up the road at the Melborne part but slowed down. Turns out that there has been numerous reports of this faulty Camera. I wonder how many people will get tickets still

Broken speed camera in Leeds flashing drivers who are NOT speeding 1 Have your say A broken speed camera in Leeds is flashing drivers who pass through it travelling at BELOW the speed limit. The speed camera on York Road in Killinbeck Leeds has a 40mph speed limit. A broken speed camera is flashing drivers in Leeds But the camera has malfunctioned and drivers have contacted the Yorkshire Evening Post to tell us that they have been flashed by the camera even when travelling below the speed limit this morning. A concerned motorist contacted us to say: "There is a bit of worry about it. It's a busy stretch of road (as is all of York Road) so it's a wonder as to how many people have been flashed by it. "There must be thousands of cars driving along there on a daily basis. People are asking if they will get a letter/fine that they then have the annoyance of appealing? "Although you know you haven't exceeded the 40mph limit, if you see a flash you automatically start questioning yourself!"A spokesman for West Yorkshire Police has confirmed that the camera has malfunctioned.The camera is not currently being enforced, say police, meaning that those flashed by the broken camera will not get a ticket for travelling lower than 40mph through the camera, even if they see a flash. Someone has been dispatched to fix the camera.

Read more at: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by Mickey; 21st January 2019 at 08:53 PM.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thanks to Mickey

stevo25 (15th January 2019) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Cnunting gatso Cameras

Do you have a Dashcam with your speed recorded on the video? If so, review it on that and hopefully it can help as evidence.

As much as it can be a kick in the face (If you speed regularly and you're caught), having the travelling speed on the display is also very helpful for in situtations like this.

Hope you get it cancelled, particularly if there are hundreds of reports.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

there isn't hundreds more like the odd thousand. York road one of the busiest roads in Leeds

nope no dashcam yet but seriously was going to get one before Christmas

Thanks
    Karma Level

Been a while since I've been flashed, but I've been flashed at least 10 times over the limit and had nothing come back ever, so keep your fingers crossed.

I've also lost count of the number of times I've seen cameras that seem to be working normally just randomly flash at stupid occasions - best I remember was on Great West Road A4 by Osterley tube station where there is a 40 limit, I saw a granny on a bicycle was the only road user on the other side of the road and she got flashed

Also I could be wrong, but I believe the whole reason they have markings on the road is to double check the camera has correctly flashed a speeding driver. If this is the case, then they should realise a problem before issuing a ticket.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

"There must be thousands of cars driving along there on a daily basis. People are asking if they will get a letter/fine that they then have the annoyance of appealing? "Although you know you haven't exceeded the 40mph limit, if you see a flash you automatically start questioning yourself!

"A spokesman for West Yorkshire Police has confirmed that the camera has malfunctioned.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't know if this is true but I was told that the box will always flash but they don't always have a camera in the box, the camera get's moved from box to box.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Shit, whereabouts exactly?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    there isn't hundreds more like the odd thousand. York road one of the busiest roads in Leeds

nope no dashcam yet but seriously was going to get one before Christmas
    Look at an Aguri GTX200 dashcam/ radar detector with speed camera database and detects mobile radar and laser traps, I bought one after getting hit with 6 points £578 fine and my insurance went up by £580 for 99mph on a 70 road December 2017, it's saved my arse loads since

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was told years ago (90's) that when a camera flashes randomly, even if a car isn't going past, is because it has malfunctioned or run out of film/ storage space.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

City bound
    After the Asda. Just before the monkey beck bridge

Thanks to Mickey

stevo25 (20th January 2019) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Feck Bus Lane Camera's Doncaster, Wrong way to the Big House LOL ..

Thanks
    Karma Level

The lines on the road and the 2 flashes determin your speed by the amount of lines you have paseed between flashes, the speed will show on the photo so if you where not speeding you wont get a ticket

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

some Gatso cameras I think are different
    Work on lasers
    Last edited by Mickey; 21st January 2019 at 08:54 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Gatso cameras I think are different
    Work on lasers

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE M View Post
    The lines on the road and the 2 flashes determin your speed by the amount of lines you have paseed between flashes, the speed will show on the photo so if you where not speeding you wont get a ticket
    there's no lines on these Cameras, as they pinpoint your speed with lasers or when you drive too fast over strips that are inside the road sub structure

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mickey; 21st January 2019 at 08:51 PM.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Truvelo D-Cam Speed Cameras Explained

In 2013 a new type of digital Truvelo speed camera was launched, known as D-Cam which is short for Digital Camera. Since that time a number of Police forces and constabularies across the UK have opted to replace many ageing [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] with Truvelo D-Cams. This change from Gatso to Truvelo D-Cam is by far most noticeable in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] where [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] have installed no less than 27 Truvelo D-Cams.
    Unlike the original [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], the new Truvelo D-cameras can be installed forward or rear facing to approaching traffic. This means they can target the front or rear of passing vehicles.
    Truvelo D-Cams can also be used as [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and can monitor traffic on 3 lanes at any one time.
    The cost of installation is around £10,000, but have relatively low running costs. If you'd like to read more about the original Truvelo speed camera [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

What's new with these cameras?

The latest Truvelo cameras named D-Cam are part of a new digital camera range which are mounted to polls at the side or central reservation of the road.
    These new digital cameras don't require film, instead the Truvelo D-Cam can either store up to 100,000 digital photos or send the photos in real-time via an ADSL/3G connection to a back office for processing.
    If the photos are stored on location, the camera conveniently lowers so the data can be simply downloaded to a laptop or other device to be then processed at the Police authorities or Safety Camera Partnerships offices.

How does the new Truvelo D-Cam work?

The Truvelo D-Cam uses one of two technologies to trigger the camera in taking a photo of a speeding motorist.
    The first is called D-Cam P and uses piezo sensors embedded into the roads surface. As a vehicle drivers over the strips in the road and if the calculated speed is too high the Truvelos infra-red camera is triggered to take a photo.
    The second method named D-Cam L uses a laser beam to measure the speed of approaching vehicles. When a car, van, etc is approaching too fast the camera springs to life to photo the offending motorist.
    Do you have a question about Truvelo D-Cam speed cameras? You can [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and you can also ask your own unanswered question via our online form. Alternatively, read [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well if they “store” images rather than sending them somewhere. Resort to the old tyre full of petrol and hang it over the cunt.

DJ OD

Thanks to DJ Overdose

Mickey (21st January 2019) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    Well if they “store” images rather than sending them somewhere. Resort to the old tyre full of petrol and hang it over the cunt.

DJ OD
    Years ago that would have been affordable, to do that now would need a bank loan!

2 Thanks given to Rhinoz

DJ Overdose (23rd January 2019), stevo25 (22nd January 2019) 

Social Networking Bookmarks