Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Advice Sinusitis operation canít come quick enough

I have been suffering with sinusitis for around 10 years now and itís the most painful thing I have ever encountered.
    Currently waiting for a ct scan before they operate and it canít come soon enough.

The last 2 weeks I have been in agony and tonight the Doctors have given me more antibiotics in a bid to help relieve the pressure.
    My ears are throbbing as is my head and face, I canít get away from the pain itís just relentless.

Im a grown man that could just sit and cry.
    Instagram and twitter @mrteajunkie.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Sinusitis operation canít come quick enough

is that a rebore of the nose ?
    I used to get blocked nose regular that would lead to sore throats, air-con at work , or dusty job's at home would set of the trail to blocking the nose
    had a the nose op 20+ yrs ago, still get the odd blocked nose rarely leads to sore throat, but still need backup supply of antibioticis for those odd times (sister gets me antibiotics in spain over the counter)

Thanks to rusty

Teajunkie (27th January 2019) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes that’s one of my options.
    the ct scan is to see the best plan of action.

my folks live in Portugal but to be fair my doctors are great if I’m bad they will give me the antibiotics as it’s the only thing that will clear it.
    The camera in my sinuses was a shock to the doctor who said that my sinuses show signs of constant chronic sinusitis.

Might pick up some spare antibiotics though when I go back next week.
    Instagram and twitter @mrteajunkie.

Thanks
    Karma Level

my probelm was never as bad as yours sounds
    just block nose then stiffing to try to clear it lead to the sore throat, and that would last for weeks, (my job was a talking job so was hard to do the job) always believe it was the control room air-con that was main cause of my problem.
    before op try to clear nose hairs, as after the op when they pull out the bloodied woding from the nose it puts the hairs out and bleeds like mad, you can't go home till bleeding stops, & have to not get infection in nose, I had 3 weeks off week, and did not go out meeting folks in case I got it infected (over kill but didn't want infection)
    antibiotics wise I don't take a course of tablets, just a few when I know I need to stop problem before it gets going (you will know your own body best)

Thanks to rusty

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi
    My 25 yr old son complained about headaches and we thought it was just trying to get time off work, the doctor just told him to take paracetamol, one day his eye want swollen and purple and I took him back to doc and they got ambulance and took him straight to A&E with Ocular Cellulitus. I believe this is when abscesses form behind the eyeball caused by the infection from blocked sinus, he was given a load of antibiotics and then to theatre where they drilled out his Sinus's to make them bigger and enable them to flow ond not get clogged up.
    So I believe he had similar problem with sinus being too small like original poster and this is what happes if you dont get it sorted. Consultant told us that the Sinus holes in some peoples skulls are just too small.
    Best wishes
    LS

Thanks to Lou_smorals

Social Networking Bookmarks