Anyone use emulators on the PC?

Thread: Anyone use emulators on the PC?

broona said:

Retro Anyone use emulators on the PC?

I know there's a lot of stuff for the Pi, but I've just built my son a PC, and I'm looking to put some different games on there for him, so I thought maybe Mame, Playstation, SNES, etc, but not really sure where to start?

If I can get something with a decent front end set up so the games are organised and easy to find, that would make life much simpler too, any suggestions please? Cheers.

Over Carl said:

Default Re: Anyone use emulators on the PC?

I found a MAME torrent on TPB for a mate who knows fa about computers and he was well happy.

Only problem is he's now asked me to figure out how to get a console controller working with it.

Clownfish said:

Retroarch is the one stop shop for emulators.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

psxcity said:

use romflix easy to set uo and all artwork and rom packs setup to download..or if want a more indepth setup hyperspin is way to go

Ganty said:

Quote Originally Posted by Over Carl View Post
    I found a MAME torrent on TPB for a mate who knows fa about computers and he was well happy.

Only problem is he's now asked me to figure out how to get a console controller working with it.
    Shouldn't be difficult for a man of your calibre, this is of course dependent on what controller he's trying to use. Xbox360/1 should work natively, anything else and you'll need a piece of software. scptoolkit is used for ps3/ps4.

sjunky2000 said:

Absolutely amazing site for this stuff have a look at the new cp78 all hits no shit frontend

WRATH OF BOD said:

just trying a ps3 emu
    in Bata at the moment

TJB said:

Quote Originally Posted by Clownfish View Post
    Retroarch is the one stop shop for emulators.
    If you go to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and search for No Intro sets, you should find complete collections for pretty much everything for Retroarch.

MHP said:

Take a look at Batocera. It's a Linux based multi emulator front end that can run off a USB stick.

Spoiler:

Brydo666 said:

Retroarch and EmulationStation aren't too difficult to set up in Windows. You need to enter the ROM directory and path to core for each console in a config file - but it works really well with a controller once running.

Mickey said:

I use menu for my odd android game

evilsatan said:

I use RetroArch on my Fire TV box but found the PS1 emus to be problematic so installed ePSXe as a standalone app, imported the BIOS (found online) and it works a treat.

Ashley said:

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    I use RetroArch on my Fire TV box but found the PS1 emus to be problematic so installed ePSXe as a standalone app, imported the BIOS (found online) and it works a treat.
    What controller you using?

evilsatan said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    What controller you using?
    The amazon controller which is basically an Xbox clone, decent controller, not the best for NES etc but you’d need separate controllers to be the best for each emu.