Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Was given this poor old thing.

Was given this old sega saturn, no cables or anything. the eject mechanism was broken, managed to repair that.

Stripped and removed the mother board and that surprisingly looks in good fettle.
    Had a power cable just the old figure 8 type.
    Carefully put it back together loosely and added power I got a green light, when I operated the disc lid button, the drive eye moved, so ordered a A/v scart cable.

I got to this screen when the A/V cable came, so I gave it a clean 2 hours of my life I wont get back, still needs some more but you can see where I've been, lol.

So had to get a controller but only managed to get an aftermarket one, the console is alive!
    Got a game demo disc expecting the drive to be dead, but surprisingly that still works.

It's another console to my growing retro collection, I'll keep an eye out at car boots and the like for some cheap accessories.
    Its not mint by any means but its useable.

Ted
    Last edited by BIG-TED; 7th February 2019 at 07:07 PM.
    Run your wife a nice hot bath, light some candles & pour some wine. Then you've at least 40 mins on the xbox plus a clean wife.

Experts... x is an unknown quantity and spurt is a fast drip.

10 Thanks given to BIG-TED

akimba (11th February 2019), beansontoast (8th February 2019), beerman (7th February 2019), digi247 (8th February 2019), flumperino (7th February 2019), Ganty (7th February 2019), MHP (7th February 2019), Mystical_2K (11th February 2019), ss30 (8th February 2019), tronads (10th February 2019) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Was given this poor old thing.

I think the Saturn is the only mainstream console I don't own.

Just need this and a Neo Geo AES and I'll be happy.

Thanks to Ganty

BIG-TED (7th February 2019) 

Social Networking Bookmarks