Campsite Shower Card Timer

Thread: Campsite Shower Card Timer

dainese said:

Default Campsite Shower Card Timer

Hi. Back in the day I discovered Digital-forums when looking at card programming on the old Elvis card programming etc for use in cable stb's. Now I have discovered a machine that would be good to hack in a similar way!

We have moved to another caravan site and the fees are double of what the last place we have stayed for years are. Now came the shock that every shower you take costs 50p! As a family of four and with the Mrs having a shower every day, this is going to add up very quickly.

The machine is a card timer called Tim3200. It uses a pre-credited paper card with a magnetic strip running through the centre. As we have found out you get the minutes allowed and once the card is removed, it is used up. Therefore there is a machine that puts a code on and then the machine must accept this and it counts down.

Is anyone familiar with this type of thing? Apologies as I cannot find the right section to put it in!

piggzy said:

Default Re: Campsite Shower Card Timer

I guess getting use of a card reader to try read and see what is in the card pre shower and start from there.

Can't imagine the technology behind such a device using military grade encryption or anything silly.

akimba said:

Yeah I would get a card read/writer and read the data on the then manipulate it as Piggsy said I would imagine the data is pretty simple and written on the mag strip in an open format.

But looking at the spec of the machine would be better getting a key and putting in override mode ;-)
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

pickie said:

the card top up lady is gonna think your all manky and never shower if you dont have the card topped up anymore

dainese said:

It's better than risking me sharing the shower with my Mrs, might put everyone off or bring out the perverts!

dainese said:

Looking on the site they use 'AMPY PREPAYMENT METER CARDS'. May use this as a starting point for a reader/writer. A key is tempting but the machines are right by the doors of the shower block and in full view.

Hippie on hill said:

Dunno if they'll work for you but there's a guy on the auction site selling programmed cards at 60% discount