Close

Thread: "Rugged" phones

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question "Rugged" phones

I'm not sure that this is the correct Forum, but it's the nearest I can find.

I have an old JCB Tradesman phone (exact model number unknown as now illegible) which, having endured over 10 years of constant abuse, is about to die and I am looking to replace it with something equally indestructible.

JCB do not appear to market phones any more so I am looking for advice on which phones available today are the best.

I'm not bothered about a smartphone as all I want it to do is make and receive calls and texts but if only smartphones are available then so be it. Nor am I bothered about any OS which the phone may have - as long as it works and does the job I don't care what's under the bonnet!

Dual SIM would be nice, although not a showstopper requirement, and i am not averse to getting a refurbished or second hand phone if that proves to be the better option.

Amazon UK and eBay have a range available (CAT and JCB amongst them) but there seem to be no honest or independent reviews. Some, primarily those which tend to have "military" in the description, look decidedly tacky and not up to the abuse which any phone will be subject.

Any phone should be unlocked or easily unlockable as it will be on the Virgin network.

Does anyone use a rugged phone or otherwise have experience of them and what do you recommend to get or avoid like the plague?

I'm not paying serious money, under 100 would be more the level in which I could be interested.

Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: "Rugged" phones

What is the best rugged phone?
    We pick out the best rugged handsets on the market

Cat S61. The best ruggedsmartphone on the market. ...
    AGM X3. The latest ruggedsmartphone from AGM. ...
    Doogee S90. An ambitiousrugged smartphone. ...
    Blackview BV9500 Pro. Thebest rugged smartphone with loads of extra features. ...
    AGM X2. ...
    Doogee S60. ...
    Ulefone Armor 2. ...
    Blackview BV7000 Pro.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Spoiler:

id say go with a cat Android phone

Ebay ones selling soon

Last edited by Mickey; 8th April 2019 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've had an armour 2 since it was launched pretty much, still going well it's not particularly fast camera is ok it's been dropped, soaked and everything in between. Dual SIM but you have to sacrifice the SD card, have ordered a pocophone, will keep the armour 2 as a spare every now and again it insists the SD card is not inserted and has to be rebooted.

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for the advice. I’m still making up my mind but tending to the CAT brand. Whilst the Armor 2 looks the businrss it is out of my price range.

It looks as if it will have to be a smartphone even though I don’t want one, all I need is calls and texts.