Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Been busy getting some bits for my collection.

Recently I've gained some more bits and bobs for the collection and been busy...

Atari 2600 woody.

spectrum 48ks one with the rubber keys and one the plus model both needed some care and attention
    lots of cassettes

3 ps2 slims, quite like these with the opl dash, I've got my game collection on the server and the kids have them in the bedrooms and play the games without using the discs so no damage.

x2 xbox originals and a game cube, brought as a bundle all 3 for a tenner couldn't say no to it, all working

commodore plus4 (not working at the minute) and a c16 to aid the fixing of the plus4

did a recap on the cd32 <-- pain in the ass

Moved some of the stash into the attic as my garage/workshop ran out of room.

I'll post some pictures and updates soon.

Ted
    Run your wife a nice hot bath, light some candles & pour some wine. Then you've at least 40 mins on the xbox plus a clean wife.

Experts... x is an unknown quantity and spurt is a fast drip.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Been busy getting some bits for my collection.

The spectrums were tired looking. And needed some new parts to bring them up to scratch.

Both has composite mod easy to do, the 48k had ram issue and transistor issues.
    the 48 also had a broken keyboard membrane, i treated it to a nice new shiny keyboard shell.
    the 48kplus had poor brightness so had a transistor mod on the composite side to brighten it up.

The commodore plus 4 is my current wip but its one step forward and two back very frustrating.

Last edited by BIG-TED; 1 Week Ago at 09:34 PM.
    Run your wife a nice hot bath, light some candles & pour some wine. Then you've at least 40 mins on the xbox plus a clean wife.

4 Thanks given to BIG-TED

Ashley (1 Week Ago), MHP (1 Week Ago), Rhinoz (1 Week Ago), ss30 (1 Week Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Oh the memories of tripping over a wire and yanking the 32k ram pack off the back of the spectrum! Still got a +2a in the garage with the PS1 and original xbox

Thanks
    Karma Level

Do you still have the same nostalgic feelings playing the games? Like the movie thread posted about old films I find games go the same way.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I enjoy playing the games on the old hardware, it's rarely as good as you remember it.
    An example is lemmings on the amiga I've played it on ps, snes and others but that one is best for me.

Most are never as pretty as most new stuff, but to compensate there is a lot more game play needed to keep people interested.
    I prefer older ones as new stuff with multiple buttons I find hard.

Thanks to BIG-TED

Ashley (1 Week Ago) 

Social Networking Bookmarks