Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ebay Advice - Selling Digi Codes

Generic or not it got it in there ;-)

Best not stitch me up I will be well out of pocket :-(

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't think it is going to end well, if they refund the seller your going to pay the cost of that I suspect..

Though we are in 2019 and its archaic for them not to recognise and protect the sale of digital products on their platform.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah I have had 1 dispute resolved in my (the sellers) favour which is lucky as they bought 2 (90) and then said account hacked.

I dont know if they refunded both parties after looking into IP address etc of where purchase was made compared to where the genuine user lived etc but I dont care I got the money and its in my bank now ;-)

still got 2 sales being withheld by paypal pending the conclusion of investigation but I have been on to ebay Live help a couple of times and they say I have nothing to worry about.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have been sending the codes via ebay messaging service so the transaction is totally transparent to ebay but obviously easier for a hacker as dont have to hack the users email aswell. But I think this is the safest method for me ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by akimba View Post
    I have been sending the codes via ebay messaging service so the transaction is totally transparent to ebay but obviously easier for a hacker as dont have to hack the users email aswell. But I think this is the safest method for me ;-)
    I'm sure I read somewhere that products that are purely digital aren't covered by the whole ebay/paypal buyer/seller protection thing, so the way to make things better for both parties is to send the code as you have done, but also send a copy recorded delivery on a sheet of paper, so a physical product has been delivered to the purchaser.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I wouldnt advise anyone doing this.

Has been the biggest ballache ever I have had 5 paypal disputes currently, 1 has just opened a dispute 2 weeks after the transaction.

And paypal debit your account while their investigation is carried out. I have had 1 case fall in my favour, 1 in the buyers (which I argued with paypal over and as good will they paid me to) and 3 still in dispute so thats 150 sitting in limbo.

The evidence that I am supplying them is a screen shot of the ebay message sending the code, I also started delaying sending the code for around an hour (sending the a message saying "not at home just now where the codes are will send in next hour") so if the account was hacked then the genuine ebay has time to notice so with this information sent to paypal they should award in my favour.

But disputes can take up to 30 days to resolve :-( and who knows when the next dispute will be opened grrrr :-(

Thanks
    Karma Level

To be honest I really don't know why you asked for advice then ignored it

2 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

cyprus (21st June 2019), Ganty (20th June 2019) 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Social Networking Bookmarks