Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default SKY Q and BT sports

Hi All

I rang up to get the yearly(18month) discounts on my SKY and BT

Whilst on the phone the person said do you want to upgrade to SKY Q (my reply was I trying to save money you halfwit!!)
    But he said that SKY Q costs 13 a month and it would just replace your multi room subs of 13 so other than the one off payment of 30 your bill be the same. hmmmmmm

I then rang BT to cancel BT Sports and I am down to 1 box with SD coverage for 6.

So I am wondering if I do get SKY Q (which is a no brainer) will 1 subscription of BT Sport work on all boxes as I think SKY Q main box is the hub and the others just piggyback off it so would BT be able to tell this?

Thanks ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: SKY Q and BT sports

You can watch BT Sport on your main SkyQ box in exactly the same way that you can on any other Sky box. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]You'll find that the SkyQ Mini box doesn't have a viewing card slot. This means you can't get BT Sport just for your SkyQ Mini. You'll need to have it on your main SkyQ box before you add a BT Sport Second Box subscription for your SkyQ Mini.
    If you're looking to order a BT Sport Second Box subscription, for all your SkyQ Mini boxes, please [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thanks to BigBrand

akimba (17th June 2019) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

What you think of Sky Q? also was that right that the multi-room fee was replaced by Sky Q charge i.e. balancing them selves out?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by akimba View Post
    What you think of Sky Q? also was that right that the multi-room fee was replaced by Sky Q charge i.e. balancing them selves out?
    Best asking the Mrs, I barely touch it, but seems slick enough, few more menu options to get lost it. We ended up getting rid of our mini box as wasn't worth it for us.

Thanks to BigBrand

akimba (19th June 2019) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

So I am wondering if I do get SKY Q (which is a no brainer) will 1 subscription of BT Sport work on all boxes as I think SKY Q main box is the hub and the others just piggyback off it so would BT be able to tell this?

Thanks ;-)
    You can try but it shouldnt work, i thought that as i had the same thought but somehow it knows if you are trying to use it on a second minibox and it didnt work for me and i had to get a second subscription. I have to say though, i do love the Sky Q system with the lack of wiring required for the additional boxes and the fact recordings can be seen on all sqy q devices along with an amalgamation of netflix in there which saves a couple of quid as well.

Thanks to pratman

akimba (19th June 2019) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by pratman View Post
    along with an amalgamation of netflix in there which saves a couple of quid as well.
    Netflix is free on Sky Q? I thought you would have to have a netflix subscription to use that function?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Netflix is free on Sky Q? I thought you would have to have a netflix subscription to use that function?
    No not free it literally knocks off a few quid per month by putting it through sky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to pratman

akimba (19th June 2019) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Q is great when it works but not without issues - mini boxes losing the link to main box, lip sync on certain programs - SWAT on sky 1 on an LG tv seemed to be particularly bad for example.

Thanks to hoponbaby

akimba (19th June 2019) 

Social Networking Bookmarks