Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default BT Sport Price RIse

From 28 July 2019, your BT Sport price will go up by 4 a month. We've put the changes in a simple table below for you. We always want to bring you the biggest sporting events. And with more Premier League games than ever before it's never been a better time to have BT Sport.
    More sport and features
    From next season: 10 extra Premier League games. That's 52 per season
    Every live game in the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League
    More UFC fights, live and exclusive on BT Sport and BT Sport Box Office
    New and improved BT Sport app so you can stream live content from the app to every big screen in your home on Xbox, Samsung Smart TVand Apple TV. Then switch to your mobile or tablet when you're out and about
    Want to talk about your options?
    Simply call us on 0800 121 4453
    We hope you want to stay with BT Sport. If, however, you want to leave BT Sport and you're within your minimum contract term, you'll need to call us on 0800 121 4453 by 20 July 2019 to avoid paying a charge for leaving early. We will continue to charge you during your notice period, but won't charge you for any increase in price during that time.
    See how your prices are changing
    On 28 July 2019 your monthly price will increase by:

BT Sport Pack 4.00
    Your discount ends on 31 August 2020. After that, you will pay the standard price of 16.00 (this price has changed by 4.00). When this discount ends, please give us a call and we will make sure you are still getting a great deal.

If you've got other services that aren't showing here, don't worry. It means those prices aren't changing.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: BT Sport Price RIse

How does it compare to Sky Sports? The broadcast rights for most sports seem to go for obscene amounts of money and it’s the viewers who have to cover that. I don’t expect Sky to ever back down and BT want to be a unified provider so may only get worse as more sports get popular enough for a bidding war.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't have Sky Sports, but from what I've read they do new "pay for what you watch".

Football for example is around 20-25 per month, and then if you want to keep adding in Golf, F1, Main Event etc it goes up.

Just pushes people down the illegal route IMO.

I pay 5 per month at the moment for BT SD, and that's on a deal.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah I just got deal for BT Sport 6 a month for SD (for next 18 months) if it wasn't for champ league then would bin it as most PL games they got aint of interest to me.

Only other thing I watch really is MotoGP and the highlights are on Chan4 anyhow.

Thanks
    Karma Level

TBF I watch the UFC and that's always on early hours, so it's handy to have it so I can record that and watch Sunday morning without having to think about gettning torrents and seeing spoilers etc

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrand View Post
    I don't have Sky Sports, but from what I've read they do new "pay for what you watch".

Football for example is around 20-25 per month, and then if you want to keep adding in Golf, F1, Main Event etc it goes up.

Just pushes people down the illegal route IMO.

I pay 5 per month at the moment for BT SD, and that's on a deal.
    You're right and then in turn they have to put the prices up for legit punters, vicious circle. I don't pay for anything, I think I may have BT Sport for free either through a BT/EE deal but I don't use it, only sport I really watch is boxing and go to Reddit boxingstreams for that for ease as I always know where I will find it. If it's a PPV and there's a group of us we will pay for it so we know it's a reliable and good quality match but not paying PPV prices for just me and the girlfriend!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    You're right and then in turn they have to put the prices up for legit punters, vicious circle. I don't pay for anything, I think I may have BT Sport for free either through a BT/EE deal but I don't use it, only sport I really watch is boxing and go to Reddit boxingstreams for that for ease as I always know where I will find it. If it's a PPV and there's a group of us we will pay for it so we know it's a reliable and good quality match but not paying PPV prices for just me and the girlfriend!
    They put the prices up because of greed. They don't put the prices up because they're scratching around for the lost money that peoople who have may hought their services but chosen not to, are streaming BT instead illegally.

Social Networking Bookmarks