Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Advice iPhone 8 speaker/earpiece cleaning

Last Halloween my daughter got egged and of all the places it hit her coat pocket and exploded onto her iPhone.
    Since then she hasnít been able to hear anything through the earpiece.

Can I spray isopropyl 99.9% into the earpiece in the hope it will remove it?
    her phone was only 2 months old when it happened so sheís not due an upgrade for a long time yet.

I dont one want to spray it in and her phone goes pop as I canít fork out for a New phone.

So so please donít say yes if your not 100% sure.

TIA
    Instagram and twitter @mrteajunkie.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: iPhone 8 speaker/earpiece cleaning

Isoprop might loosen any residue but there's no real way to then get the debris out and it may work it's way further into the earpiece. You could try something like a brush: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I'd take the front off, replace the earpiece speaker and grille then when putting back together install a new LCD to chassis adhesive so you maintain some waterproofing. I never rely on this waterproofing, especially if the screen has been removed but my worry is you can try Isoprop and end up with making it worse if the residue works itself further in. I suppose you can try this and use a bluetooth headset (and look like a wanker) or loudspeaker ahead of replacing the earpiece.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Not sure if the grille can be bought, you might be able to clean it once you have access to the front and back of it.

Thanks to evilsatan

Teajunkie (11th July 2019) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: iPhone 8 speaker/earpiece cleaning

I find Blu tack works well... Work it in your fingers until its very soft push it into the grill then peel it out again... repeat a few times..

Thanks to RaMx

Teajunkie (14th July 2019) 

Social Networking Bookmarks