Close

Thread: Robot vacuum

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Robot vacuum

Bought one of these on Friday on a whim from Facebook marketplace, mine is a Bagotte, and wow, how did i ever get on without one before?

It's amazing, and i can't believe how much shit it picks up from my seemingly clean wood floors, it also has an attachment which i fill with water and disinfectant and it also cleans the floor as it goes round ffs.

My advice, get one now.

Just to add, it also works on my carpets upstairs, but they are not shag pile, not sure how well it would work on that.

2 Thanks given to ilscuro

Bald Bouncer (4 Weeks Ago), Teajunkie (4 Weeks Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Robot vacuum

Totally agree, I Black Belt had one for ages and kept raving about it and I wasn't convinced until I got one to review and they really are impressive, I gave it to my mum and she loves it, the next one I got to review I kept for myself it even has a security camera in it.

Spoiler:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

ilscuro (4 Weeks Ago), Teajunkie (4 Weeks Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

How long do they run for before needing charging?
    we have a shark lift away pet version and it’s fookin fantastic picks up far more than our dyson ever did and we vacuum everyday sometimes twice with little one running around making a mess.

Thinking I might get the wife one
    Instagram and twitter @mrteajunkie.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Never really timed it but enough to do the whole of my place on a single charge, tbh when you have one you tend to forget about it and it just runs round doing it's thing and returns to base for charging when the battery runs low

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

Teajunkie (4 Weeks Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Teajunkie View Post
    How long do they run for before needing charging?
    we have a shark lift away pet version and it’s fookin fantastic picks up far more than our dyson ever did and we vacuum everyday sometimes twice with little one running around making a mess.

Thinking I might get the wife one
    Agree about the shark, i have one and it's the best hand vacuum i've ever had.

Thanks to ilscuro

Teajunkie (4 Weeks Ago) 

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I’ve got the Eufy 30c, it was something like 180 on an Amazon promo. It’s surprisingly good at covering area, moving across different terrain and suction. It connects to Alexa and runs on routines or voice commands then returns to its charging base. It doesn’t have laser mapping or cleaning/disinfectant (that sounds awesome!) but I’ve been happy with it.

Thanks to evilsatan

Teajunkie (4 Weeks Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

We have a Shark liftaway as well, absolutely fantastic. Makes you realise how shit Dyson really are.

That said, I am still contemplating a robot vac. We have a 384sq ft kitchen and two dogs who think it's fkin brilliant to chase each other around the flower beds in the garden, come blasting into the kitchen and repeat said shenanigans, so every bloody day we have a thin layer of grit and soil in the kitchen. Now we're not talking visible, but you can feel it underfoot and it pisses me off haha. Would just need a robot vac to do its thing around the kitchen twice a day and it'd be perfect

Thanks to dpSparhawk

Teajunkie (4 Weeks Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ilscuro View Post
    Agree about the shark, i have one and it's the best hand vacuum i've ever had.

Ours isn't a handheld we have a dyson handheld which lasts about 5 mins on a full charge and on the second battery replacement in three years.
    Never buy a handheld dyson FFS.
    Instagram and twitter @mrteajunkie.

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

my Eufy bot is fucking brilliant. I just let him poddle around and do his thing, then I use my handheld in the corners where he can't reach. He has cleared up some serious messes over the years. I've even let him loose in the back garden (all slabs and artificial grass) on a dry day and he's vacuumed that with no bother. I've mostly wood floors and a rug or two and he deals with all of it. On high suction he lasts about 30 - 40 minutes. On normal, about an hour. Edge sensors are brilliant - I cleared off a couple of wardrobes, Knew they'd be thick with dust.so I stuck him on top of them. Cleaned them all off and didn't fall off once. Main bedroom has varnished floorboards. He'll clean all the dust and shite from out of the gaps and of course under any unit he can get under.
    Cables aren't a problem either, as long as they're not loose - I'd left a lamp on the floor, unplugged and next thing I know he was dragging it behind him through the house

Get one, they're brilliant. Quite quirky and amusing to watch too

3 Thanks given to I Black Belt

Bald Bouncer (4 Weeks Ago), dpSparhawk (4 Weeks Ago), Teajunkie (4 Weeks Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by I Black Belt View Post
    my Eufy bot is fucking brilliant. I just let him poddle around and do his thing, then I use my handheld in the corners where he can't reach. He has cleared up some serious messes over the years. I've even let him loose in the back garden (all slabs and artificial grass) on a dry day and he's vacuumed that with no bother. I've mostly wood floors and a rug or two and he deals with all of it. On high suction he lasts about 30 - 40 minutes. On normal, about an hour. Edge sensors are brilliant - I cleared off a couple of wardrobes, Knew they'd be thick with dust.so I stuck him on top of them. Cleaned them all off and didn't fall off once. Main bedroom has varnished floorboards. He'll clean all the dust and shite from out of the gaps and of course under any unit he can get under.
    Cables aren't a problem either, as long as they're not loose - I'd left a lamp on the floor, unplugged and next thing I know he was dragging it behind him through the house

hahaha admit it, you've put a fucking set of Googly eyes on it haven't you?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Him. Hahahahahahaha.

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dpSparhawk View Post
    hahaha admit it, you've put a fucking set of Googly eyes on it haven't you?
    Not quite, but I did put tinsel and a Christmas cracker hat on him at Christmas

3 Thanks given to I Black Belt

Bald Bouncer (3 Weeks Ago), BigBrand (3 Weeks Ago), dpSparhawk (3 Weeks Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not quite, but I did put tinsel and a Christmas cracker hat on him at Christmas
    HAHAHA Brilliant

Thanks
    Karma Level

I want one now.

2 Thanks given to BertRoot

evilsatan (2 Weeks Ago), ilscuro (1 Week Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

I live in London so I don’t have floor space. It will end up cleaning itself. Just like me and the wife do...

DJ OD

Social Networking Bookmarks