Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: 4G Home Broadband 18.75 via Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by beansontoast View Post
    Did some other testing last night. Adult sites are blocked unless you use a VPN such as the one built in to opera.
    Fapping you mean?

Can't you as the account holder just call up and request access to adult content?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrand View Post
    Fapping you mean?

Can't you as the account holder just call up and request access to adult content?
    Been a long weekend pal.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks to beansontoast

BigBrand (2 Weeks Ago) 

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm all set-up now with Smarty via my new Netgear R7100LG and although Three's network manages to achieve 70Mb in my area (one of the fastest), it seems Smarty is pegged at 22Mb, it's stable with a decent ping, but will never go above.

Checking statistics, if you're getting 65Mb compared to what is advertised, you're doing really well.
    I might see how I get on with it for a month and may re-evaluate. When my son comes home, I'll give his SIM that's with Three a whirl in the router.

Things I've found regarding small print with Smarty
    Our Unlimited plan is the only 1-month tariff available that’s open to everyone and has no speed restrictions (unlike another plan out there). Tethering and personal hotspot use is also included as standard on the plan.
    We have set a usage cap at 1,000GB. When tested, using a mobile for every minute of every day only used around 1,000GB in a month. Setting this cap helps us to identify any commercial use of our services, which is not permitted by our terms and conditions. When travelling in the EU, customers will be subject to our fair use limit of 19GB each month.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

My fibre connection with all my devices connected uses between 800Gb and 1,500Gb per month, so I assume I'm likely to get a couple of warnings, but I'll see how it goes. I'm under no contract so jumping ship isn't a problem.

with
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

For the record, my Plex is connected to this and is functioning perfectly and way better than it was on what TalkTalk passed for Fibre broandband. No issues with Double NAT or the need of VPN.

I've lifted the Adult Restrictions on my SIM and no need to use a VPN - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This will probably kick them in the bollox regarding the usage limits off 1,000Gb though. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Considering this... (apparently).

Last edited by DejaVu; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:02 PM.

Thanks to DejaVu

beansontoast (2 Weeks Ago) 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Social Networking Bookmarks