Close

Thread: Car hire abroad

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Car hire abroad

Hello, i travel to Naples, or sometimes Rome, Italy 3 or 4 times a year, and seem to have endless problems with car hire, for example...

I booked a Fiat 500 when i was there in August, when i got to the desk they said sorry we don't have that car only this one, which was 200 more expensive, the car hire company was about a 10 mile bus ride from the terminal, and i felt stranded so i had no choice but to pay.

In June i hired a car in Naples, booked it online, when booking the car i was told i didn't need to buy any insurance as i was fully covered with their insurance, at the car hire desk i told them i didn't want their insurance, my holiday went well i dropped the car off in pristine condition, when i got home i noticed a 163 charge on my credit card, turns out this car hire firm had charged me for a 3 centimetre scratch on a plastic wheel trim ffs, my cousin said this is a regular occurrence if you don't take out their insurance.

I have been advised to only book cars with someone within the airport terminal, which i will do in future.

So my question, how do you guys do it?

Is it better to not buy any insurance when you book the car online, and just pay for the insurance at the desk?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Car hire abroad

I dont like to use my C/C in europe so Im trying Clarify car hire [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in Alicante in Oct. Why can it be as easy as car hire in USA? I had a Nissan Altima for 2 weeks in April for 365 for 2 weeks full insured and no excess to pay, just bring back full. No tank of fuel to pay or that other fucking nonsense they stiff you with in Europe

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by stevo25 View Post
    I dont like to use my C/C in europe so Im trying Clarify car hire [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in Alicante in Oct. Why can it be as easy as car hire in USA? I had a Nissan Altima for 2 weeks in April for 365 for 2 weeks full insured and no excess to pay, just bring back full. No tank of fuel to pay or that other fucking nonsense they stiff you with in Europe
    The last car i hired in Italy was pick up car with quarter tank of fuel, bring it back with quarter tank, do you know how hard that is to do.

Thanks to ilscuro

stevo25 (1 Week Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you ever fly to Faro, Portugal you can pay cash (euros) for car hire, no deposit required and they operate from the Airport.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thanks to JonEp

stevo25 (1 Week Ago) 

Social Networking Bookmarks