Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Is there any way to prove phone is unlocked to all networks (without sim swapping)

Hi I'm selling my old phone at work to someone but she's being incredibly fussy, its unlocked to all networks however I don't know anyone at all on voda to prove to her it works on vodaphone. The sale is dragging on for 1 week now.
    I'm wondering if there is an apk that you can get to display all networks you can use. or something in the settings.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Is there any way to prove phone is unlocked to all networks (without sim swapping)

There are apps out there, but are generally unreliable.

Easiest and generally only method is to insert a SIM card into the device and attempt a call.

if it's Vodafone, I think I have a spare one lying around the hosue with a few of credit on it. Happy to send it over to you, to put into the phone and make calls.

Failing that, kick her in the cunt for being such a knob.

2 Thanks given to BigBrand

New Art Riot (3 Weeks Ago), Over Carl (4 Weeks Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Is there any way to prove phone is unlocked to all networks (without sim swapping)

Quote Originally Posted by New Art Riot View Post
    Hi I'm selling my old phone at work to someone but she's being incredibly fussy, its unlocked to all networks however I don't know anyone at all on voda to prove to her it works on vodaphone. The sale is dragging on for 1 week now.
    I'm wondering if there is an apk that you can get to display all networks you can use. or something in the settings.
    Is she on vodafone? if so put her sim in it.

Thanks to ss30

Over Carl (4 Weeks Ago) 

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

To be honest id just kick her in the cnut now, if your getting issues before you sell it you will get trouble later after its sold to her
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

5 Thanks given to Mickey

BigBrand (3 Weeks Ago), ivrytwr3 (3 Weeks Ago), New Art Riot (3 Weeks Ago), Over Carl (3 Weeks Ago), stevo25 (3 Weeks Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

This.

If you work with her, and her Sim didn't work, surely she'd give it you back and say "it's not unlocked I want my back".

2 Thanks given to BigBrand

New Art Riot (3 Weeks Ago), Over Carl (3 Weeks Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrand View Post
    T

if it's Vodafone, I think I have a spare one lying around the hosue with a few of credit on it. Happy to send it over to you, to put into the phone and make calls.

Failing that, kick her in the cunt for being such a knob.
    Thanks BigBrand I would have had to take you up on that however luckily I've managed to find someone else at work how I persuaded to let me showcase their voda sim.

Quote Originally Posted by ss30 View Post
    Is she on vodafone? if so put her sim in it.
    The woman buying the phone is not on vodaphone! but she demanded screen shots to prove it was indeed unlocked to all networks.
    It was a tough transaction but got there in the end!
    Shame there isn't an app I bet there are many of these fuss pots in the second hand phone market.

Thanks to New Art Riot

BigBrand (3 Weeks Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by New Art Riot View Post
    Thanks BigBrand I would have had to take you up on that however luckily I've managed to find someone else at work how I persuaded to let me showcase their voda sim.

The woman buying the phone is not on vodaphone! but she demanded screen shots to prove it was indeed unlocked to all networks.
    It was a tough transaction but got there in the end!
    Shame there isn't an app I bet there are many of these fuss pots in the second hand phone market.
    Glad you got the sale mate!

Yeah I agree, problem is getting networks providers to allow that access to the SIM etc, massive task, so no one would do that for free.

Thanks to BigBrand

New Art Riot (3 Weeks Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

For future reference.

One of these sims from Argos for a 1 will roam on any UK network, just choose the network in settings and they come with 5 free credit out of the box.

The perfect burner sim.

4 Thanks given to JonEp

BigBrand (3 Weeks Ago), evilsatan (3 Weeks Ago), mij (3 Weeks Ago), New Art Riot (3 Weeks Ago) 

Social Networking Bookmarks