Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Changing Screensavers

Our work is gradually changing everyone over to Windows 10. Mine hasn't been changed yet but it will soon enough.

The problem is they've locked down everyone's screensaver and we can only have the council logo which we are unable to change. It's not a huge problem but it's bloody annoying.

Is there a hack I can use to amend this?
    I understand and accept that some people hold opinions that are different to my own. Living in a free and democratic society, I fully embrace and respect their right to be wrong.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Changing Screensavers

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing they've used a group policy to force this upon everyone. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If that is the case, you will probably find even if you can hack your own screensaver, that every time you reboot you will get the council one back, and depending on configuration, this could happen even more often.

If your boss doesn't care and IT dept don't visit often then it might still be worth looking into, but if it pisses off your boss or IT dept, then they might get back at you - e.g. start having a very close look at your internet history, etc.

2 Thanks given to Over Carl

Argyll (1st October 2019), stevo25 (7th October 2019) 

Social Networking Bookmarks