Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Don't f**k with cats

Just started this on Netflix. Three episodes about the murderer Luca Rocco Magnotta who filmed himself in 1 lunatic, 1 ice pick.

Sent from my Philips Diga via BT Cellnet
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....

2 Thanks given to satzzz

MrTeajunkie (20th December 2019), stevo25 (23rd December 2019) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Don't f**k with cats

After reading review I’m not sure I can watch this.

Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last night I logged into Netflix, looking for something to have on in the background while I kept up with my important shit-talking responsibilities on Twitter, and a new addition to the streaming giant's ever-expanding line of original content caught my eye. It was the title, more than anything: Don't F**k With Cats.
    So I clicked through to watch the trailer.
    Turned out, Don't F**k With Cats was a true crime doc (its subtitle is Hunting An Internet Killer), a genre I have become more and more of a sucker for as time's gone on. The trailer indicated that this particular doc, told across three parts, would revolve around an absolutely evil fuck who'd posted videos of himself murdering kittens to the internet, as well as an intrepid pair of internet sleuths who set out to track him down and bring him to justice. I was hooked almost immediately by the premise, but I was also concerned about the amount of animal cruelty (hell, animal murder) I'd be exposed to while watching. I can sit and watch the gnarliest movies you can name all the livelong day without ever batting an eye, but when it comes to depictions of violence against animals, well, that's a level of gnarly I prefer to stay away from. I will straight-up avoid a movie if I hear a dog gets killed in it. I've walked out of movies over it. It's just how I'm built.
    I figured I'd give the first installment a shot, and if things got dicey I'd bounce outta there with a quickness.

Things did, in fact, get dicey (they get to the first [of what turns out to be five or six instances of] animal murder very quickly) and though the videos themselves are never shown in full, they are heard, described at length, and glimpsed in bits and pieces. The first one was almost enough to get me to turn the whole goddamn thing off, but I stuck with it. Why? I wanted to see them catch this motherfucker. I wanted to see how he got caught. As truly horrifying as the videos were - and some of them, I shit you not, verge on the home movies seen in Scott Derrickson's Sinister - my intense need to see the person responsible for them brought to justice was enough to pull me through the truly unpleasant experience of even kinda seeing them.
    The good news is, the animal stuff more or less runs its course by the end of that first episode. It pops up again here and there over the course of the next two hours, but after that first installment Don't F**k With Cats becomes an entirely different sort of true crime doc, the kind that throws a new twist or turn at you every fifteen minutes or so. I won't spoil the series' surprises or reveal how this story plays out, but trust me when I say this is the wildest true crime doc I've seen since Netflix's Abducted In Plain Sight. I didn't think I'd see a crazier true crime doc this year, but Don't F**k With Cats really gives that one a run for its money.
    Anyway, I tweeted out a few reactions to the show as I was watching it, and was inundated with DMs from friends and colleagues in response, all of 'em trying to determine just how "rough" Don't F**k With Cats is. The answer is "Very rough, especially if animal cruelty and/or animal murder is a thing you avoid." Rough enough that I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending the series to everyone. I, and a couple of other people I spoke with today, had trouble sleeping after viewing it. But if you can make it through that first hour (I recommend looking away from the screen when things get real sketchy; you'll generally know it when it's about to happen), you'll be rewarded with one of the more intense, jaw-dropping true crime stories I've seen all year. The twists and turns on this one really can't be overstated.
    Instagram and twitter @mrteajunkie.
    I make mugs, keyrings, coasters, T-shirt’s and decals.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I thought it was fucking superb, brought together really well at the end.

I recall the original icepik video doing the rounds, so it was good to see the full story behind it.

NOTE: You don't actually see any animal deaths, although you do see the dead kittens afterwards. The Mrs was in tears TBF.

Great Reddit Sub on this for lots of the questions you may have afterwards.

Thanks to BigBrand

MrTeajunkie (6th January 2020) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just watched this too.

dont recall the actual stories or saw the videos, I actually thought it was fiction. Lol

Well made and well told story.

Some bits hard for the doris, but you don’t see anything too brutal.

DJ OD
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thanks to DJ Overdose

MrTeajunkie (7th January 2020) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Having seen the original video I wanted to see what was behind it all.I thought it was very well put together. He is one hell of a mad mother

Sent from my Philips Diga via BT Cellnet
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well that was interesting and yet scarily shocking.

What a twisted and fucked up individual he is!
    The end did make me think there was a second person involved with the other hand in the video but that just seems to have been overlooked.
    Can you believe they were ignored for that amount of time by the police!

Those poor animals the cat taped to the broom handle was shocking

Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't know if I could bring myself to watch it. Wouldn't be a problem if people were being tortured or slaughtered. I just love animals more than people. And before Teajunkie makes a comment about the Welsh... No I don't mean I love animals as in doing inappropriate things with sheep. (">

3 Thanks given to BigBird

Mickey (29th January 2020), MrTeajunkie (29th January 2020), russell (31st January 2020) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lol I love welsh people mate they just don’t like me (I’m from Bristol)
    Some cracking welsh ladies about (a lot of munters too)

Thanks to MrTeajunkie

BigBird (30th January 2020) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

The second hand from the snake video was misleading.

The snake was his neighbours and that video stitch was taken from a video he did at their house.

2 Thanks given to BigBrand

MrTeajunkie (30th January 2020), Sanj[UK] (31st January 2020) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Teajunkie View Post
    Lol I love welsh people mate they just don’t like me (I’m from Bristol)
    Some cracking welsh ladies about (a lot of munters too)
    My mother is Welsh, but my Father is from Cheltenham. I have a half brother on my fathers side who lives in Filton, Bristol. Hoping to pop over to visit him and his wife in a few weeks. Last time I was there I popped into a biker pub which was some way between Filton and the city centre. Very friendly bunch so had a nice time. (">

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    My mother is Welsh, but my Father is from Cheltenham. I have a half brother on my fathers side who lives in Filton, Bristol. Hoping to pop over to visit him and his wife in a few weeks. Last time I was there I popped into a biker pub which was some way between Filton and the city centre. Very friendly bunch so had a nice time. (">
    what’s his name I used to live in Filton. Went to filton high school too

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Teajunkie View Post
    what’s his name I used to live in Filton. Went to filton high school too
    My half brother is David Walker. Hes quite a few years older than me. He is in his seventies now. His wife's name is Carol, and they have a son Alan, and a daughter Dawn. (">

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    My half brother is David Walker. Hes quite a few years older than me. He is in his seventies now. His wife's name is Carol, and they have a son Alan, and a daughter Dawn. (">
    Yeah I’m only 42 so more of my parents age

Social Networking Bookmarks