Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Congestion Charge - London

I just ogt a letter from Ultra Low Emission Zone saying I was in the congestion area and didnt pay for the privilage.
    £80 now rising to £160 and finally £240 depending on when paying.

According to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The Congestion Charge is an £11.50 daily charge for driving a vehicle within the charging zone between 07:00 and 18:00, Monday to Friday. The easiest way to pay is by setting up Auto Pay. Exemptions and discounts are available too.

Well on the letter they caught me on 12th Jan 2020 at 12:32 which was a Sunday so why the send me a letter and a fine? I have appealed and awaiting a response. I can only guess but there systems must think 12/01/2020 was not a sunday but a monday or something?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Congestion Charge - London

The congestion charge is Monday to Friday 7am til 6pm, the ULEZ charge is 24 hours, 7 days a week. You can thank our lovely Mayor for that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

how the fook are people meant to know that all it says is mon-fri 07-18:00 everywhere but yeah that must be what I being hit for?

I didnt see any signs saying pay up and looking at the signs on google they are green so you wouldnt think they are warning you not ot enter without paying :-(

Thanks
    Karma Level

someone on line saying this in the comments [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"I too submitted an FOI to TFL having been fined twice either side of midnight on 29th and 30th June. I live in Warwickshire, I appealed to TFL and London Tribunals and both were rejected. The results of my FOI demonstrated a total of 306,925 PCN's were (they allowed one month's leniency for drivers after scheme implementation) so results were for period 11 May - September. TFL admitted their advertising campaign was exclusively within London (emails to existing Congestion Charge and Oyster Card users), posters throughout TFL transport network, adverts on congestion charge receipts and adverts on 10 London radio station channels! My FOI revealed 211,301 PCN's issued were to drivers outside of London - 68.8% of total PCN's issued!

My arguement was and still is, the advertising campaign was inadequate for implementation of a new scheme with financial implications for drivers visiting a capital city. The signs DO NOT explicity state a toll/fee/charge is payable to drivers within the zone (consistent with the congestioncharge signs! which would conform to Regulation 18 of the Local Authorities Traffic Order Regulation - 'adequate information as to the effect of the order is made available to persons using the road' . The advertising scheme for this new 24 hour traffic scheme, was also inconsistent with the advertising of the impelmentation of the peak-time Congestion Charge Scheme, which included a repetitive TV advertising campaign over a number of months which carried a reputed budget of 12m according to publicity. So why was advertising so significantly reduced for the implementation of this scheme which operates on a 24/7 basis? Is it any wonder over 300,000 drivers have been issued fines between 11 May and September? Almost 70% of which are drivers from outside London where there was no publicity about the scheme!"

70% of people being caught have not seen the advertisement of the charge and the signage is insufficient, as say a green sign to saying you entering a ULEZ area but nothing about paying and the sign above saying "07:00 -18:00 Mon to Fri" is so misleading :-0

Social Networking Bookmarks