Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Teajunkie View Post
    no Portugal seems to have escaped the spread so far but for how long I donít know.
    Portugal registers first two cases of coronavirus

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thanks
    Karma Level

There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Age of Coronavirus Deaths

COVID-19 Fatality Rate by AGE:

*Death Rate = (number of deaths / number of cases) = probability of dying if infected by the virus (%). This probability differs depending on the age group. The percentages shown below do not have to add up to 100%, as they do NOT represent share of deaths by age group. Rather, it represents, for a person in a given age group, the risk of dying if infected with COVID-19.

confirmed cases
    DEATH RATE
    all cases
    80+ years old
    21.9%
    14.8%
    70-79 years old
    8.0%
    60-69 years old
    3.6%
    50-59 years old
    1.3%
    40-49 years old
    0.4%
    30-39 years old
    0.2%
    20-29 years old
    0.2%
    10-19 years old
    0.2%
    0-9 years old
    no fatalities

*Death Rate = (number of deaths / number of cases) = probability of dying if infected by the virus (%). The percentages do not have to add up to 100%, as they do NOT represent share of deaths by age group.
    In general, relatively few cases are seen among children.

There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Coronavirus Death Toll

3,310 deaths

3,310 people have died so far from the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak as of March 05, 2020, 15:58 GMT.
    There are currently [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. The [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks
    Karma Level

The media are loving this, it's the new Brexit. Just had a client cancel a job in Scotland next week due to 'concerns'.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lmao the wife is shitting bricks I’m just meh you aren’t going to avoid this unless you go to the moon.
    pall our local shops have sold out of all antibacterial soaps and hand wash and wipes.
    bog roll seems to be a big seller at the moment too

Can you believe there are no paracetamol products or ibruprofen in tesco sainsburys or aldi by us!!
    Only went to get some bloody brufen for my headache and not a single packet.
    Last edited by MrTeajunkie; 5th March 2020 at 08:47 PM.
    Instagram and twitter @mrteajunkie.
    I make mugs, keyrings, coasters, T-shirtís and decals.

Thanks
    Karma Level

So going by the figures with 3.2 million over 80's in the UK if it reaches 80% of the UK population as is the governments 'worst case preparation' then around 173,000 over 80's could die forgetting all the other age groups, from what I have read with the severe cases they have to be on a respirator and I would think demand would quickly outstrip supply.

I have seen a flood of this is media hype bollox on social media and I wonder how many people might regret their dismissal if media hype kills their parents or grandparents, I don't think realistically they can stop the spread but I suspect the 'plan' is to slow the spread to a point the health services are not overwhelmed and in the hope a cure or helpful treatment is found but of course according to social media experts this is pointless why bother man up snowflakes.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Media hype is playing big time, look at the food shortages, look at the anti bacterial gels, look at the hand wipes all gone from the shelves.

It’s like when it snows every Tom, Dick and Harry grabs the bread and milk for fuck sake.

I work in the field and meet all sorts 10, 20, 30 people a day plus and not one asks a simple questions and just carry on as normal. It’s going to be a wait and see scenario until it gets out of hand or dies down but we mortal men can only do what we can do.

But what puzzles me is some have caught the virus without direct contact so is it airborne now?
    Not read anything at all regarding a possible cure?

All because of some chink in a market.
    Lifeís To Short To Argue - I say As I Get Up Off The Floor After The Misses Wacks Me With A frying Pan.

Thanks to Realist

stevo25 (12th March 2020) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    Media hype is playing big time, look at the food shortages, look at the anti bacterial gels, look at the hand wipes all gone from the shelves.

It’s like when it snows every Tom, Dick and Harry grabs the bread and milk for fuck sake.

I work in the field and meet all sorts 10, 20, 30 people a day plus and not one asks a simple questions and just carry on as normal. It’s going to be a wait and see scenario until it gets out of hand or dies down but we mortal men can only do what we can do.
    I agree it is a wait and see but moves to slow the spread are logical rather than do fuck all, as for shelves emptying it really doesn't take the media to do this as they will empty if it's a bank holiday or storm bigtits is on the way.

But what puzzles me is some have caught the virus without direct contact so is it airborne now?
    Not read anything at all regarding a possible cure?

All because of some chink in a market.
    I believe they have caught it without a traceable/identified source but as the mild symptoms are no more than a bit of a cough there are probably a lot of infected people who don't realise they are.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think a lot of people posting the bravado stuff on the net are actually trying to convince themselves lol. They are not convincing me that's for sure.
    I still wont buy more than we need every 2 weeks apart from fresh stuff which is every few days.
    Here's a wee debunk -
    Flu kills more per year than Cv.....Not in one month in basically one country it doesn't and the amount it spread and DID kill is pretty impressive in the short time and small area that it had to operate. Now it's going world wide we shall see it blow the flu out the water. (I don't want that to happen by the way it just seems super likely)
    2nd point to those saying it's hype. Do you think the Chinese government would really have basically given all its citizens a 2-4 week paid holiday from work if they didn't think it was needed...I mean they have always come across as so benevolent like that giving a shit about their people eh ? That shut down has cost them billions of dollar....again the Chinese DON'T panic about anything they certainly don't throw cash at their people for a giggle. Remember they actually paid/fed/and medicated pretty huge cities in that one month shut down. They just simply wouldn't have done that unless they were sure not doing so was going to cost them long term (My thinking is that they felt if left to run its course they would have lost more money due to more fatalities reducing countries output over the longer term)
    I have said this before now I am a little surprised that the major economies of the world have not just at least attempted a 4 week shut down - maybe staggered from country to country. Only essential people out and about delivering food and meds ect. It "seems" to have worked in China as they are reporting less and less cases by the day....unlike the rest of the world.

Thanks to DavidF

Over Carl (6th March 2020) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Also to add - I so love Borris and co telling us that most people will only suffer seasonal flu symptoms which are very mild......LMFAO Ever had the Flu ? I don't mean a cold ffs I mean the Flu....Coz if you have had the flu then surely it must crack you up that they symptoms are described as mild ffs.
    BTW my misses has just got over seasonal flu from over Xmas period - it actually spanned 7 weeks. Her chest is still a little crackly and she still coughing up some mucas.....thats now actually 8-9 weeks if we are counting the tail off.....not to mention she has very little strength compared to normal.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    I have seen a flood of this is media hype bollox on social media and I wonder how many people might regret their dismissal if media hype kills their parents or grandparents, I don't think realistically they can stop the spread but I suspect the 'plan' is to slow the spread to a point the health services are not overwhelmed and in the hope a cure or helpful treatment is found but of course according to social media experts this is pointless why bother man up snowflakes.
    This echoes my opinion, in an extreme role reversal I have had my girlfriend complaining about how it's overhyped and I have been telling her how it needs to be taken seriously as so much is still unknown and this morning I used my nan as an example of one at risk. Usually she's the one to worry about everything and I am trying to get her to calm down. Might be partly because she spends a lot of her day on socials so subliminally forming that opinion and I avoid them as much as poss!

I also agree with David, when I saw the Chinese act so seriously even though it resulted in a huge impact to their economy I felt this wasn't the usual media hype to distract from other issues or sell papers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Some provinces of china are now reporting that after having had cases in january they have now declared some parts as virus free, with some reporting that they have been clear of any NEW reported cases for over 20 days. That is bloody impressive imho. How ironic that China is now shutting ITS doors to many countries who are basically not containing/dealing with the virus. Right now in all honesty China seems to be the goto place if you are planning a getaway....But I think WE may end up on their "Thank's but No Thank's" list.
    We are all taught that China and it's government is big/bad gonna get us ect....But the effectiveness of the way they can get shit done and quickly without objection is something to behold.
    Imagine trying to tell the average brit - right stay indoors - id say a good 30% would at the very least try to ignore it lol...Where as in China if you ignore shit you disappear for re-educating at best lol.

You know what else this whole thing has exposed ? That we are so much poorer for want of at least one trusted media source. Sadly I don't see any way to reverse that either. This has made the job of trying to get people to listen much much harder.

Thanks
    Karma Level

We’re doomed.

But it might clear a few cunts off the planet.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

So who is genuinely shitting it?
    im not so bad might get flu like symptoms although I’m one of the immune compromised few maybe I should be more concerned??
    im more worried for the kids.
    Instagram and twitter @mrteajunkie.
    I make mugs, keyrings, coasters, T-shirtís and decals.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Young and middle aged look ok its the older group 70-80 up that look like getting hit hard.
    Lifeís To Short To Argue - I say As I Get Up Off The Floor After The Misses Wacks Me With A frying Pan.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Teajunkie View Post
    So who is genuinely shitting it?
    im not so bad might get flu like symptoms although Iím one of the immune compromised few maybe I should be more concerned??
    im more worried for the kids.

Age of Coronavirus Deaths

COVID-19 Fatality Rate by AGE:

*Death Rate = (number of deaths / number of cases) = probability of dying if infected by the virus (%). This probability differs depending on the age group. The percentages shown below do not have to add up to 100%, as they do NOT represent share of deaths by age group. Rather, it represents, for a person in a given age group, the risk of dying if infected with COVID-19.
    confirmed cases
    DEATH RATE
    all cases
    80+ years old
    21.9%
    14.8%
    70-79 years old
    8.0%
    60-69 years old
    3.6%
    50-59 years old
    1.3%
    40-49 years old
    0.4%
    30-39 years old
    0.2%
    20-29 years old
    0.2%
    10-19 years old
    0.2%
    0-9 years old
    no fatalities

Thanks
    Karma Level

Young and middle aged look ok its the older group 70-80 up that look like getting hit hard.
    Yeah, 8 UK deaths all elderly with underlying health issues, makes me wonder how all these elderly people with under lying health conditions are coming into contact with it

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Social Networking Bookmarks