Close

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Coronavirus

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Anyone who defends this fucking traitor for a nanosecond can fuck right off you, useless, dim, gullible cunt.

I do not pretend to know a great deal about US politics. I know that regarding Trump, the American public either love him or hate him, with a passion. I do not defend or condemn his policies because I do not know the full underlying consequences of those policies. On the surface, some of his policies seem to make sense for America, while others seem disastrous.

With such hate for him, what I do not understand is how he is still alive. My only conclusion is that the people who are mad enough to shoot, or blow someone up are the people who support him.

My post was my personal opinion of what he might have been thinking when he made the comment that maybe it was possible to kill the virus by injecting people with disinfectant. I came to my conclusion because I cannot imagine anyone with even a smidgen of intelligence suggesting that it may be possible to kill the virus by injecting household disinfectant such as Dettol or, the US equivalent, Pine-sol. That after all is what many people think he meant, rather than some type of infection killing solution that would be harmless to humans.

One of my neighbours even said to me that he has seen the news and that Trump had said we should all inject ourselves with bleach.

Sharing my opinion that I do not think that was what he meant is a valid opinion. I am not stupid, certainly not stupid enough to think that the president of the US thinks that we could inject household disinfectant to kill the virus, without killing ourselves in the process. If he did actually mean that then maybe I am stupid, but not as stupid as the US public that made him president.

In addition, I am not a cunt just because I voice a personal belief that what someone said is not necessarily, what many people think they meant. Most people who hate Trump will usually think the worst-case scenario, rather than consider the possibility that he didnít actually mean what it initially sounds like. I was just considering the possibility. Not because I support him and his policies. Itís because I have a thinking brain. (ď>

Thanks to BigBird

Ashley (27th April 2020) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Spoiler:

3 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

Ashley (3 Weeks Ago), Clubber Lang (3 Weeks Ago), evilsatan (3 Weeks Ago) 

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yep this government has quite frankly has fucked up big time, herd immunity my arse.

From day one and past today this country should of been shut down tighter than a ducks arse, stop or test, monitor inbound visitors, stop dead the dick weeds that still today think it’s ok to have a mass party, drive around like dicks.

Its to late now the damage has been done can’t close the door after the horse has bolted.
    Lifeís To Short To Argue - I say As I Get Up Off The Floor After The Misses Wacks Me With A frying Pan.

2 Thanks given to Realist

Ashley (3 Weeks Ago), Bald Bouncer (3 Weeks Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    Yep this government has quite frankly has fucked up big time, herd immunity my arse.

From day one and past today this country should of been shut down tighter than a ducks arse, stop or test, monitor inbound visitors, stop dead the dick weeds that still today think it’s ok to have a mass party, drive around like dicks.

Its to late now the damage has been done can’t close the door after the horse has bolted.
    How do you police a lockdown though? The country is full of dickheads who will blatantly flout the rules anyway. I think the government has done a pretty good job. Whatever they did, people would have complained - total lockdown would have been too harsh, what they're doing now is not harsh enough etc etc.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    How do you police a lockdown though? The country is full of dickheads who will blatantly flout the rules anyway. I think the government has done a pretty good job. Whatever they did, people would have complained - total lockdown would have been too harsh, what they're doing now is not harsh enough etc etc.
    I don't see how anyone can claim they have done a good job, you can have an opinion but you can't get past the facts which are clear, being one of the last in Europe to suffer cases yet the least prepared, they failed to stock up on PPE while all the other countries snapped it up, they refused 3 times to go into a bulk buy of PPE with the EU through arrogance and politics over Brexit.

They pushed a herd immunity attitude for 6 weeks while twiddling their thumbs and then suddenly realised this would mean 500k deaths what a fucking shock seeing as I showed in February basic maths would mean 170,000 plus over 80's dying in this thread yet it was a shock to them, they pushed elderly patients back into care homes without testing them without doubt contaminating care homes that had been free from the virus up until then condemning the residents to death.

Boris did not stop football, rugby etc, he was quite willing to let all big sporting events go ahead the weekend the sports organisations themselves cancelled them, he allowed the Cheltenham festival to go ahead I can only presume not wanting to upset the rich Tory backers and supporters who go which has now been identified as one of the major sources of infection spreading round the country, he was late to close the schools and again I think I said in this thread things should have been closed down weeks before which would in my opinion have saved thousands of lives.

Now you might say well this is water under the bridge, he couldn't have known, this is also bollox the information and disaster unfolding in Italy, Spain and France was clear well before he took action here and as for moving forward and taking the right action now all I see is them now trying to make people happy, giving muddled messages, confusing business saying everyone back to work, not everyone back to work, go to work if you can't work from home, still stay at home, stay alert, don't use public transport to go to work but do if you have to.

The sheer arrogance of not even bothering to tell the devolved administrations he was changing the England plan, not even a phone call they got informed by the media.

Again doing a good job on this can only be judged on the number of people who have died from the virus and as we are now only second in the world to the US which has five times the population I see the claim our government has or even is doing a good job as laughable.

5 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

beansontoast (3 Weeks Ago), Clubber Lang (3 Weeks Ago), evilsatan (2 Weeks Ago), neilb (3 Weeks Ago), tips (3 Weeks Ago) 

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I would look at how other countries so far managed it and regarding the Police look at the Spanish piss about there and your in shit street it’s only the louts from England as they say that spoil it for the rest.

Should if been Locked down tight from day one Boris fucked up to slow to respond and the PPE is not a government Problem that’s down to NHS managers and private homes it down to its owners.

To late now horse has gone, dogs loose running around and arseholes think they can do what they think.

This country has no control and I would say that’s a Police issue and they are under manned and under paid.
    Lifeís To Short To Argue - I say As I Get Up Off The Floor After The Misses Wacks Me With A frying Pan.

Thanks to Realist

Bald Bouncer (3 Weeks Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    I would look at how other countries so far managed it and regarding the Police look at the Spanish piss about there and your in shit street it’s only the louts from England as they say that spoil it for the rest.

Should if been Locked down tight from day one Boris fucked up to slow to respond and the PPE is not a government Problem that’s down to NHS managers and private homes it down to its owners.

To late now horse has gone, dogs loose running around and arseholes think they can do what they think.

This country has no control and I would say that’s a Police issue and they are under manned and under paid.
    I agree, huge mistake the Government chastising the police for being heavy handed with the public and asking them to educate not fine, people up in arms they used drones ffs, I am no fan of the police but when you put hurting someones feelings up against spreading a virus that kills they should have fully backed them and highly enforced action against anyone breaking the lockdown.

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

Realist (3 Weeks Ago) 

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

100% agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    I agree, huge mistake the Government chastising the police for being heavy handed with the public and asking them to educate not fine, people up in arms they used drones ffs, I am no fan of the police but when you put hurting someones feelings up against spreading a virus that kills they should have fully backed them and highly enforced action against anyone breaking the lockdown.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The government rejected their own report into the measures to take regarding PPE. Matt Hancock was the minister in charge (for two years now).

Who is being lined up to get thrown under the bus? Scientists, Raab, Hancock. I thought Hancock might have been coming out of this a little ahead but no chance. Last week's unnecessary rebuke in parliament was ridiculous. He's also completely made an arse of the 100,000 test target he should have just said we didn't quite make it but we got close and it's expanding all the time. Instead he changed the measurement method and bullshitted. The quote from when he set the target was "carry out (tests)" if anyone disagrees with me please look up all synonyms for "carry out".

Anyway back to the bus. So Hancock was a leadership competitor to Johnson. Johnson denied saying "fuck business" about a no deal Brexit, Hancock said in response "fuck 'fuck business'" and slated Johnson. He's deservedly going under the bus.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks to beansontoast

Bald Bouncer (3 Weeks Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

I honestly think that this was a no win for the government. Whatever they did, the forum would be full of people complaining. I've seen so many people and businesses blatantly disregarding the initial guidance - You can't pin it all on Boris.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

He's the man in charge so he's accountable.

How many weeks off has he had? That's on top of his brief history as PM.

We had warnings. Plenty of time to act if the government was risk averse. Instead here we are with the second highest deaths (absolute numbers!) in the world for a relatively small population. We are a transport hub, ok that has been a significant negative for us. But Vietnam has got 90 million and borders China. Their population density is 1.5 times that of Italy. Amsterdam, Paris, Frankfurt are huge hubs.

Best get back to some work. I thought working from home would be fantastic, how wrong was I.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

5 Thanks given to beansontoast

Ashley (3 Weeks Ago), Bald Bouncer (3 Weeks Ago), Clubber Lang (3 Weeks Ago), neilb (3 Weeks Ago), tips (3 Weeks Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beansontoast View Post
    He's the man in charge so he's accountable.

How many weeks off has he had? That's on top of his brief history as PM.

We had warnings. Plenty of time to act if the government was risk averse. Instead here we are with the second highest deaths (absolute numbers!) in the world for a relatively small population. We are a transport hub, ok that has been a significant negative for us. But Vietnam has got 90 million and borders China. Their population density is 1.5 times that of Italy. Amsterdam, Paris, Frankfurt are huge hubs.

Best get back to some work. I thought working from home would be fantastic, how wrong was I.
    The death rates themselves are meaningless as not only are the absolute numbers being tied to covid being reported differently in each country it's not taking in to account population numbers or density.

I agree with TJB, there was never a way to come out of this positively, any government is on a hiding to nothing regardless of what they do. You locked down too late/locking down is pointless, we need more ventilators & beds/you've wasted millions on the nightingale hospitals which haven't been used, The police are too heavy handed/people are just ignoring the guidelines etc etc etc.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by hoponbaby View Post
    The death rates themselves are meaningless as not only are the absolute numbers being tied to covid being reported differently in each country it's not taking in to account population numbers or density.

I agree with TJB, there was never a way to come out of this positively, any government is on a hiding to nothing regardless of what they do. You locked down too late/locking down is pointless, we need more ventilators & beds/you've wasted millions on the nightingale hospitals which haven't been used, The police are too heavy handed/people are just ignoring the guidelines etc etc etc.
    Doesn't account for absolute shit show they've been running. Fuck all PPE testing, absolute joke. Samples being sent to America because our labs aren't up to scratch.

People still coming in untested on planes. Testing or lack of it. The list just goes on and on.

They've got teachers going back with no PPE, and the best explanation kids are less likely to show symptoms. Wave two is just round the corner VE day has seen to that.

We could all see what was coming from Italy etc, but did they learn? did the fuck it's been one clusterfuck after the other.

The hiding might have been less if basic common sense would have been used.

3 Thanks given to kroner

Bald Bouncer (3 Weeks Ago), beansontoast (3 Weeks Ago), neilb (3 Weeks Ago) 

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Social Networking Bookmarks