Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Windows 10 is about to get its biggest change yet

Windows 10 is about to get its biggest change yet

Navigating your files will soon be much, much easier

Windows 10 laptop (Image credit: Future)

Microsoft is giving Windows 10's File Explorer a much-needed overhaul, transforming one of the operating system's key features.
    It's always been a struggle to find documents and folders using File Explorer due to its relatively poor search tool. That's all set to change with the release of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] though, which will introduce a new FIle Explorer that uses Windows Search (the same tool you can access by typing into the search box in the taskbar.

• Many of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] money can buy run Windows 10
    • [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    • [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

As [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] explains, this change should make your life much easier by displaying a list of auto suggestions as you type, so you don't have to wait for a full search to complete and then hunt through the list of results for the right one.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks to 4me2

ilscuro (4 Weeks Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Windows 10 is about to get its biggest change yet

Just got my pc how I want it and now they release more crashes/updates.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I have used Total Commander (windows commander on amiga) from before windows was even thought of and still will use it for a lot more time to come

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Soulassassin View Post
    Just got my pc how I want it and now they release more crashes/updates.
    If you have windows 10 pro then open settings, updates, advanced, defer feature updates for 365 days and security updates for 14 days. On the whole I really like win 10 but a recent update has really fucked my Thinkpad which was new last year and is a high spec. Intermittently, I will clean boot and it will refuse to open most things (Chrome, Windows Explorer etc) and anything it will open is really slow or crashes. In task manager all resources are ok, it’s an NVMe SSD so not a hard drive fault. If I restart/shut down it will either take minutes to complete or just get stuck on the restarting/shutting down screen until I force it off. This may continue for 3 boots then on the 4th it will work perfectly.

All started within the past 4 weeks or so, I’ve tried a few things like disabling the power service but that hasn’t helped. Others seem to have similar issues so I am close to formatting, installing build 1903 (I’m on 1909) and then deferring updates. Just takes a long time to reconfigure it all so I am holding back atm, I usually defer updates but update my build manually quite soon after release to test it so I am aware of any issues and can support them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Roll on the future. Before windows 10, no one wanted it. Now it’s a comfort we’ve not had since windows 7 or xp.

Explorer search was slow and a crock of crap. If this makes it better then great.

I thought at first the new update for windows 10, was expecting windows 11...

DJ OD

Thanks to DJ Overdose

4me2 (1 Week Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Crashed mine last week with new updates re-installed it all and now fighting against it installing more needless shit.

Thanks to diablos

4me2 (1 Week Ago) 

Social Networking Bookmarks