Close

View Poll Results: Are you still working?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Still working no slow down here

22 61.11%
  • Still working but not sure for how long

3 8.33%
  • Not working in self isolation

2 5.56%
  • Not working been sent home

2 5.56%
  • Now working from home

7 19.44%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: (Covid 19) So whos out of work now or soon will be?

Quote Originally Posted by dibbler View Post
    My wife is an accountant and her company has closed the office. All staff to work from home for the next 6-8 weeks. They have said that she can work from home longer as she has asthma, but as its under control she will wait and see.
    My daughter is a buyer for a company and is working 1 week home then 1 week in work so there is more space in the office.
    Me I work for the NHS in IT and am needed in. I've just had 2 weeks off work on a/l and will be going in for the first time on Monday. We have been told to make sure we have our laptops set up with VPN in case we need to work from home.
    Hi mate does your wife work for any of the Big 4 accounting firms can I ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dpSparhawk View Post
    Working remotely from home for the foreseeable future. Fuckin' loving it. Work set up - two shitty 17" screens. Home setup - two 32" 4K screen

One for all my work stuff because I can just divide the work around the screen, the other one for Forza horizons

LMAO
    that's what I've been doing at home since late January, but its not forza, its Farcry red dawn and Hustle castle
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thanks to Mickey

dpSparhawk (1 Week Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Soulassassin View Post
    I'm actually in a bit of a dilemma now, been told to go in to work but really think I shouldn't. I don't work in a key industry and have been told I need to go in to make some database excel sheets in a department I don't even work in. Should I just self isolate and risk losing my job, or go in and risk losing family members? Although when I say like that it's a no brainer.
    Similar here, my department in theory can work from home , however company been resistant to put in place so far for our team. Due to staff shortages ( self isolating) and my experience I'm managing 2 other teams so instead of maybe interacting with 10-20 people on a daily basis it's more like 70. Work for a bank , so classed as key worker just now. Really Tempted to self isolate. Although am thankful I still have a job to pay the bills

Thanks
    Karma Level

Work for a large company, we have 15,000 staff in the UK. I'm fluid working anyway but for this week as I'm not a business critical role, I have to come into the office.

All because our VPN is restricted until Friday when further capacity will be added.

Feel really bad for those who are close to going under due to this.

Thanks
    Karma Level

HO hum, I'm still in work, I work in the NHS. Been to a clinic today, filled with old folks all shitting themselves. Quite a few people have self isolated because the can, and still quite a few on annual. leave, I find it strange how some people wait until March then stop at home every year?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just got back from work. I work in pharmaceutical production so I'm considered front line staff. Counted 28 people in the tea room this morning, 20 of which were contractors (scaffolders, fitters etc) all doing non-essential work. No one is taking it seriously.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well I went in today and now have a bad throat and a cough. Probably not Corona but the rancid dusty air in that department. Spoke to my boss and I'm now on 2 weeks self isolation. Couldn't believe the blas attitude everyone had there, no social distancing, people working without gloves and cloak rooms jammed with people at the start of the day. This is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Thanks
    Karma Level

No, shes an accountant for a manufacturing company

Thanks
    Karma Level

I work for openreach and it doesn't seem like we will be stopping.
    I mainly lay fibre to new builds and I should imagine they will close down soon especially if this lock down goes ahead.

Don't know what will happen to me then. I have been told we will continue to get paid either way so I do see myself as very lucky to have a secure job.

As two friends of ours one works in school and is contracted to 7 hours a week although she normally works 20+ and her other half works in a pub zero hour contract. Would hate to be going through what they are now.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue924 View Post
    I work for openreach and it doesn't seem like we will be stopping.
    I mainly lay fibre to new builds and I should imagine they will close down soon especially if this lock down goes ahead.

Don't know what will happen to me then. I have been told we will continue to get paid either way so I do see myself as very lucky to have a secure job.

As two friends of ours one works in school and is contracted to 7 hours a week although she normally works 20+ and her other half works in a pub zero hour contract. Would hate to be going through what they are now.
    I belong to the Openreach (BT, GPO etc) Friends FB page (I'm ex BT), there's a lot of engineers screwing about this. All provision work should stop they should just do repairs and call outs.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah I agree. How they can class me as a key worker when I am connecting some properties that are still getting built is beyond me.

They should close it all down and keep a rota of staff for each area for emergency repairs only.

Thanks to trueblue924

MHP (1 Week Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    Just got back from work. I work in pharmaceutical production so I'm considered front line staff. Counted 28 people in the tea room this morning, 20 of which were contractors (scaffolders, fitters etc) all doing non-essential work. No one is taking it seriously.
    I also work in pharma and all us office monkeys are wfh (since two weeks), its just production site staff and a skeleton supply chain crew who are required to work. They're given full protective equipment and very strict SOPs on distancing in the production facilities.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Went to work this morning to pick up my laptop and a screen, plus other stuff to work from home. Not going to very productive, not as productive as in the office with everyone around that I can bounce off.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 5G using Tapatalk
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

My partners Daughter got a laptop to work from home (She works for skipton building society)
    well the servers cant handle the bandwidth so they all have to go into work to the call centre

fking talk about forward thinking, if she gets it ill be making sure they know about it alright
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    fking talk about forward thinking, if she gets it ill be making sure they know about it alright
    Lot of this going on. Capacity issues for allsorts of companies. Wife works for the council and they are making them go in as they haven't got the telephony infra working right to enable rerouting of calls. Fucking idiots plainly have no business continuity and are serving some of the most vulnerable kids in the country and are now putting their entire team at risk.

Thanks to BertRoot

Mickey (1 Week Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    I also work in pharma and all us office monkeys are wfh (since two weeks), its just production site staff and a skeleton supply chain crew who are required to work. They're given full protective equipment and very strict SOPs on distancing in the production facilities.
    No shit, we've been given one bottle of disinfectant to clean our re-usable air hoods. We're not a tin pot company either.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Still working here and will probably be till this is over(barring any sickness). I'm one of handful of shift controllers that can run a complex large water treatment plant in London.

Lots of talk about how to keep it all running, various plans in action to keep us healthy and virus free.
    PSN - ThirtyQuidKid

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gurry View Post
    Still working here and will probably be till this is over(barring any sickness). I'm one of handful of shift controllers that can run a complex large water treatment plant in London.

Lots of talk about how to keep it all running, various plans in action to keep us healthy and virus free.
    Control rooms at South Staffs Water have been off limits to anyone but controllers for a while now. If any of the controllers were to be out of action for a while that would be very dangerous for the resilience of the supply. Similar to yourself I guess.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 5G using Tapatalk
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Surprised only a fifth are working from home. Be interesting to see what folk do if the clear majority says carrying on.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Office closed Tuesday just passed
    Been in limbo till this morning and only now just been told in furloughed

Well lets see how this pans out over the next 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Social Networking Bookmarks