Close

View Poll Results: Are you still working?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Still working no slow down here

22 61.11%
  • Still working but not sure for how long

3 8.33%
  • Not working in self isolation

2 5.56%
  • Not working been sent home

2 5.56%
  • Now working from home

7 19.44%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: (Covid 19) So whos out of work now or soon will be?

I’m still working, reduced work load yes but not best pleased at all.
    Lifes To Short To Argue - I say As I Get Up Off The Floor After The Misses Wacks Me With A frying Pan.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've got to do work tomorrow to get something ready for review on Monday. Really want to avoid being an eighty percent guy because I can really see that coming at work.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 5G using Tapatalk
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks
    Karma Level

as a few of you know i own an fec/video arcade closed on the 14th march...self employed so no help whatsoever being a new business and not having filed a tax return yet as not needed i don't qualify for the 80% thing..have some savings so using that for mo.wil have to wait and see what happens

Thanks to psxcity

MHP (6 Days Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Its fucked me completely work wise. Not sure what will happen ffs

Thanks
    Karma Level

I work in IT for a large construction company. Have been WFH for the last couple of weeks.
    Now all the sites are closed we found out today that as of tomorrow a big chunk of us will be furloughed on the 80% deal. Dont know if Im in the furlough group yet. However the ones that are kept in work are going to be asked to take a 20% pay cut. That seems to be a bit of a piss take to me, we all get 80% but some have to work and some get to chill out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by funkyg View Post
    I work in IT for a large construction company. Have been WFH for the last couple of weeks.
    Now all the sites are closed we found out today that as of tomorrow a big chunk of us will be furloughed on the 80% deal. Dont know if Im in the furlough group yet. However the ones that are kept in work are going to be asked to take a 20% pay cut. That seems to be a bit of a piss take to me, we all get 80% but some have to work and some get to chill out.
    My understanding is the Gov will cover 80% of a firms wages to stop them laying the staff off not 100% of the reduced wage paid, seems to me like they are trying to reduce the wage by 20% and get the whole wage paid for them, maybe their lack of understanding, my lack of understanding or them trying to pull a fast one and profit from it.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    My understanding is the Gov will cover 80% of a firms wages to stop them laying the staff off not 100% of the reduced wage paid, seems to me like they are trying to reduce the wage by 20% and get the whole wage paid for them, maybe their lack of understanding, my lack of understanding or them trying to pull a fast one and profit from it.
    I was speaking to my cousin this morning who has a small electrician firm and employs a few people and it was his understanding that he can pay his lads 80% then claim that back from the government but they are not allowed to work whilst furloughed. I asked if he was going to top them up to 100% and he said no as it's not required and they are not spending holiday days so it's a 20% wage cut but not working. I am not sure if he has checked his facts but I would have thought he would have taken advice from his accountant.

Sounds like it is taking the piss asking some people to work and take a cut though!

Thanks to evilsatan

Bald Bouncer (2 Days Ago) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    I was speaking to my cousin this morning who has a small electrician firm and employs a few people and it was his understanding that he can pay his lads 80% then claim that back from the government but they are not allowed to work whilst furloughed. I asked if he was going to top them up to 100% and he said no as it's not required and they are not spending holiday days so it's a 20% wage cut but not working. I am not sure if he has checked his facts but I would have thought he would have taken advice from his accountant.

Sounds like it is taking the piss asking some people to work and take a cut though!
    I think you are right and I have not fully understood the way they have set it up, I thought it was an expectation the employer made up the 20% but probably due to the deal on the bank loans and Gov 80% guarantee and the banks taking the 20% I thought similar applied, I did read that it had to be made up if it took someone below minimum wage by the employer. Hopefully it won't effect us unless we get sick as my wife works in the health system.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Social Networking Bookmarks