Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Advice Panic buying. My solution.

Supermarkets can solve this problem very easily.

Lock up ALL trolleys
    Hand baskets only to and one per customer.
    If you fill your basket your done.
    Each family gets letís say 5 tickets which is 5 admissions to any shop/supermarket within 7 days.

Anyone even with 4-5 children could survive like this until greedy bastards stop taking every item in existence.

my neighbours are 75 and have a son who is in his late 40s with cerebral pausy (sorry canít spell it)
    tesco invited them down for an oap hour for shopping between 9 and 10 am.

he said he walked in and it was packed with youngsters and people in their 20s and 30s shopping with nothing left on the shelf so he left.
    whatís the point of an hour for oaps if they let everyone in the door?
    Instagram and twitter @mrteajunkie.
    I make mugs, keyrings, coasters, T-shirtís and decals.

Thanks to MrTeajunkie

4me2 (21st March 2020) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Panic buying. My solution.

This could backfire as people think the government is panicking and the hoarding escalates. Then you will see scams or people paid to shop and the hoarding continues.

The best way forward it to recruit more staff and 'prove' to people that the shelves are getting restocked and there is plenty for all. I've listened to lots of supply chain logistics experts who are fully confident we don't have a food or supplies shortage. Its the optics of empty shelves which is creating the hoarding, not a lack of supply at source.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes but it wouldn’t take long for the shelves to be full again.

once people see the government take charge and say you are all greedy Cnuts, you can’t be trusted to not shop selfishly. we will not allow this and everyone needs food and whilst you greedy selfish people are taking the piss we will take charge.
    Instagram and twitter @mrteajunkie.
    I make mugs, keyrings, coasters, T-shirtís and decals.

Thanks
    Karma Level

8 - 9am is pensioners only in our local Iceland
    Trouble is the shelves are bare and they haven't had any meat or dairy at that time of day, in there or the Tescos next door, all week.

Has been nice n quiet at 3pm when I've popped by to pick up some milk tho

Thanks to Hippie on hill

4me2 (21st March 2020) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    This could backfire as people think the government is panicking and the hoarding escalates. Then you will see scams or people paid to shop and the hoarding continues.

The best way forward it to recruit more staff and 'prove' to people that the shelves are getting restocked and there is plenty for all. I've listened to lots of supply chain logistics experts who are fully confident we don't have a food or supplies shortage. Its the optics of empty shelves which is creating the hoarding, not a lack of supply at source.
    Recruitment sounds good - BUT -

These are the same shops who have been using part time/zero hour national minimum wage exploitation for years.

Just look at what Asda has forced it's staff into in the last few months (sign new contracts or lose job) Whilst reducing staff numbers and hours. First the self checkout and now expanding to the self scan as you shop, the five remaining staff-manned tills have mile long queues and being occupied by part time staff, most of them being pensioners.

These part time staff and pensioners on minimal minimum wage have have zero incentive to get into a row with greedy cunts panic buying.

Now these same corporations are having massive recruit drives for thousands of new staff to exploit and selling it like they are doing the public a massive favour.

#20,000 army to go on the streets = Bollox - that's about how many they have axed in the last few years.

Just look at how many exforces are homeless ,begging on the streets and daily suicides. The Tories and their sponsors don't give a toss.

#30k retired doctors and nurses being asked to come out of retirement. = so remind me what age group is most vunerable to this virus again ???

#8000 beds and 30,000 private hospital staff hired at the cost of £2.5 million a day to the tax payer - Why not just nationalise/requisition them like they are doing elsewhere in Europe ?

I could go on and probably will, but enough for now.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

3 Thanks given to 4me2

GTI (21st March 2020), mij (23rd March 2020), MrTeajunkie (21st March 2020) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

I hear you mate, lets get through this and then the reckoning will begin for the Tory cunts.
    Johnson is a Churchill scholar and sees himself very much in the mould of his hero. So hopefully he will go the same way as Winston and get booted out of office as soon as victory is declared.

Thanks to GTI

4me2 (21st March 2020) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

the one basket idea could work but I'll be shopping not only for myself but for my 84yr old nan whos going to be locked in the house for the next three months at the earliest, id never be able to get a weeks shopping in a basket for her and 7 tins of dog food for her dog as well as enough for me and 7 tins of dog food for my dog

ive not bought any extras of anything so supplies are beginning to run low but all the supermarkets and freezer shops local to me have been hamstered and theres fuck all left, I got a pack of 4 toilet rolls last week and split them with my neighbour who couldnt get any and him and his wife split some chicken breasts theyd bought with me, if someone doesnt step in and do something the panic buying is going to cause more problems than it already is because at a time infections and deaths are beginning to rise dramatically i'll have to go out and find food

Thanks to casio

4me2 (21st March 2020) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Apparently our Army may have a suitable option

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Thanks to Northernbloke

4me2 (26th March 2020) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hadn't been to the shops in a week, so went out today for a shop to last as long as possible. Went to my usual ALDI.

Happy to see a security guy on the door with a one in one out process. No more than 2 people with each trolly, and one trolly per persons entered.

The shelves were full (minus eggs and pasta), and as there were limited number in the store, it was calm, quiet, and organised.

Everyone kept their distance and most wore gloves and masks etc.

Even the check out had large plastic canopy around them. Items were restricted to 4 for some and 2 for things like loo roll. Tills were programmed to pick up on these automatically (as some may spread them out on the belt).

In all in all, it was perfect given the climate.

Hopefully others have followed suit.

Thanks
    Karma Level

My solution to panic buying? Car park enforcement.

That and panic buy first.

will get to a point where it’s survival of the fittest.

So I’ve planted my toilet roll trees and ready to defend the homestead.

DJ OD
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just sell the first item for the true RRP and for every second item charge £500... end result each person will buy one. Ok they could do out and join the queue and buy another one but highly likely to stop most people grabbing loads.. or 3 of each which is the limit
     iPhone 6 baby...
     iMac 24", 2.4Ghz, 500GB, 4GB RAM
     Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz, 250GB, 4GB RAM

Social Networking Bookmarks