Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default What iPhone would you get a 10yo?

Hi guys, I'm going to get my son an iPhone for Christmas. He'll be going to secondary school next year so will be looking for one then anyhow.

I'm totally out of touch with phones atm as I lost intrest, so no ideal what the best/most suitable model to get would be. I'll be buying the phone secondhand and don't want to spend more than a couple of hundred quid tops.

I was thinking that a giffgaff pay as you go sim could be the way to go - do they still not expire?

What are others doing with phones for kids?

Cheers chaps.

Devs.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: What iPhone would you get a 10yo?

Got my 11 year old a 7 off iOutlet refurb and got a new battery in it. Had it a few months and is fine and was in great condition. Give them a google, I think DJOverdose got one off them after I did too.

Both my kids are on giffgaff and works a charm. On a rolling thing so pay once a month as far as I remember.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

eBay has a lot of refurbishers on there and they often have deals like and extra 10-20% off. One of these offers ends today, I had a quick peek and for example there is a 64GB iPhone 8 for ?250 so after the discount it's ?200, there may be even cheaper from someone else. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]link should take you to all the participating sellers. Just rememver to use the code POPUPSEPT20 at checkout. They regularly have similar offers if you aren't ready to buy now.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks very much guys.

The ebay discount deals sound perfect, I'll take a look and get him one a little nearer the time as they may reduce further upon the release of the 12.

How do you find out about the discounts mate?

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by devs View Post
    Thanks very much guys.

The ebay discount deals sound perfect, I'll take a look and get him one a little nearer the time as they may reduce further upon the release of the 12.

How do you find out about the discounts mate?
    Usually there is a banner on the homepage or a small icon at the top. If you go on there now and look at the top there is a small blue box which has the code and if you then click it you will be taken to the promo page.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    Usually there is a banner on the homepage or a small icon at the top. If you go on there now and look at the top there is a small blue box which has the code and if you then click it you will be taken to the promo page.
    Thank you mate, got it will keep an eye out

Social Networking Bookmarks