Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Problem Synching Emails

I've been using a hotmail account for ages.

I don't like to use their shitty app, instead I set up an exchange account, give my details and manually specify server m.hotmail.com or eas.outlook.com

All my accounts still work except my main one.

Today it said I need to sign in again, but if I try to sign in it says Something went wrong, Try again later or contact your IT Admin.

Set up a hotspot from this phone and connected using my old phone, everything working perfect still on old phone.

Wiped account on my new phone and tried to add it again, but I'm getting the same error.

Any ideas wtf is going on here?

If it was a major problem with microsoft, I wouldn't be able to get into any accounts.
    If it was a problem specific to this email account - how is it still working fine on the old phone?
    Can't be password changed as I've made sure logging in and out on browser, and old phone is still working fine.

I've downloaded the crappy outlook app and it works fine with the "problem account", but I would love to go back to my old way. Any ideas?

Edit: Tried to add the account again and it seems to be working again. Maybe I had to be patient, or maybe somehow using their shitty app let the regular method work again. Contacts not syncing, but rest seems to be normalish again.
    Last edited by Over Carl; 3rd March 2021 at 09:46 PM.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Problem Synching Emails

Is it just the change of interface you don’t like about the Outlook app? I use this app on my iPhone now, took me a couple of tries over the years to switch from the default Mail app but I much prefer Outlook. Not tried the Hotmail one, I’ve connected my Microsoft 365 Exchange accounts and a Gmail.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Problem Synching Emails

Two problems - I don't like the interface that hides half my emails.

Also I prefer having all inboxes set up the same way so I can search through all inboxes at same time instead of searching one by one.

Social Networking Bookmarks