Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default HP Touchpad question mark of death symbol

Ok, so I know it's been discussed before about the possibility of the tablet being bricked or something along that line when you turn it on and get a big question mark symbol, I've gotten all the programs and tried with original charger and a whole host of other options but with the software fix at least, the issue I have is using the power+volume up (or even down)+home button to get it into diagnostic mode but regardless what buttons I push, I only get the question mark. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: HP Touchpad question mark of death symbol

Remove hdd and memory to make sure it’s not at fault first.

lol I thought it was a laptop.
    Last edited by MrTeajunkie; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:51 PM.
    Instagram and twitter @mrteajunkie.
    I make mugs, keyrings, coasters, T-shirt’s and decals.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Am astounded it has lasted this long. Mine died a couple of years after putting Android on and that was a long time ago. Can't help you I am afraid but we did have a few users on here when they were cheap.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I found I used to have to hold the power button and the home button for extended periods of time while trying to charge it. Do you get "the marching ants" lights?

The HP Touchpad is a decade old. For Tech, this is ancient. It's also renowned for battery swell. Mine worked fine til quite recently.

Decided to open it up and the battery shape had changed a lot and was worrying.

Binned it because the battery only charged and lasted about an hour and a replacement became hard to find and if found, where quite expensive for an obsolete bit to Tech.

HP ditched these in the fire sale shortly after release because they were not that good at the time they were released. They went from 500 GBP to 99 GBP over night and support ceased almost straight away.

WebOS was obsolete practically thereafter and some mods over at XDADevs tried to keep it alive by adding Android to it. It was OK up til around KitKat and then the new updates outgrew the outdated hardware and it was shockingly slow and pointless to use.

Give it up, invest in something new because the HP Touchpad (Tenderloin) is old hat.

However, if you insist on trying to keep it alive, you can try replacing the battery or recovering the whole system with Touchpad Toolbox...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DejaVu; 1 Week Ago at 12:23 AM.

Thanks to DejaVu

Mickey (1 Week Ago) 

Social Networking Bookmarks