Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Sturgeon: Indyref2 'a fundamental democratic principle'

Sturgeon: Indyref2 'a fundamental democratic principle'

SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon says a referendum on independence is now "a matter of fundamental democratic principle".

She says: "The people in Scotland must have the right to decide our own future when the Covid crisis has passed."

The first minister says there is likely to be a larger pro-independence majority than in the last parliament.

"The SNP and Scottish Greens both stood on a clear commitment to an independence referendum within the next parliamentary term," she says.

"And both of us said that the timing of a referendum should be decided by a simple majority of MSPs in the Scottish Parliament."
    Ms Sturgeon said there was "no democratic justification whatsoever" for Boris Johnson to block a referendum.
    "If there is such an attempt it will demonstrate conclusively that the UK is not a partnership of equals and that ? astonishingly ? Westminster no longer sees the UK as a voluntary union of nations," she added.

"That in itself would be a very powerful argument for independence."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

What does anyone think? Personally I think another vote would see another failure for Princess Nicola.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Sturgeon: Indyref2 'a fundamental democratic principle'

Let them fuck off I say.

But you use your own money to fund yourselves not from our government.
    You want to break away from the U.K. you get nothing from us.
    Instagram and twitter @mrteajunkie.
    I make mugs, keyrings, coasters, T-shirt’s and decals.

Thanks to MrTeajunkie

ss30 (10th May 2021) 

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Get that fking big wall built and kick them out of the UK. Same with the Welsh, then lets get an independent Yorkshire cos you know it will do you good.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think another vote would see another failure for Princess Nicola
    She wont rest or sleep until its "Nicola, Queen of Scots"

But will they lose the UK financial contribution ?, because if they do they will be fcuked:
    ( from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] )

Tax revenue generated in Scotland amounts to about ?66 billion, including North Sea oil revenue, but it benefits from about ?81 billion in public spending. That means Scotland benefits from an additional ?15 billion public spending than it puts in.
    When the UK Government increases funding for an area which is devolved, the Scottish Government receives extra funding too. For example, if the NHS in England gets a funding boost, the Scottish Government will also receive extra cash.
    In 2020 the UK Government guaranteed ?8.6 billion of additional funding to help the Scottish Government to respond to coronavirus. In February 2021 the UK Government announced a further ?1.1 billion was being made available for the Scottish Government to spend in the financial year 2020-2021 or carry forward to the financial year 2021-2022.
    The Spending Review 2020 confirmed an additional ?2.4 billion for the Scottish Government through the Barnett formula for 2021, including ?1.3 billion in relation to Covid-19. This takes the total of UK Government Barnett-based funding to the Scottish Government in 2021-22 to over ?38 billion. This equates to around ?129 per head for every ?100 per head the UK Government spends in England on matters devolved in Scotland. This reflects the higher costs of delivering public services in Scotland.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok before going into one - I couldn't give a monkies about indi ref 2 for reasons completely different from what the media tell us why it would be a bad idea.
    Figures are manipulated - Scotland's debt is part of the UK debt, If the UK wants to spend say 100 billion on a big train set from london to birmingham then Scotland Wales and NI all get part of that debt as they should because they are part and parcel of the UK.
    Track and Trace - all parts of the UK will share that debt.
    What im trying to get at is that the deficit is not as big as we are being fed. But whatever lol.
    I do find it interesting why so many at the top of UK society are so generous with us Scottish Welsh and Irish leeches sucking every pound that we can out of the hardworking English taxpayer. And what do they get in return ? Moaning whinging people never happy, Wanting to walk away and stop being a drain but that's wrong too just ungrateful spoilt brats lol.
    I don't want indi right now due to everything else that is ongoing. Brexit, Covid all sorts of instability. Oh and Nicola Sturgeon too. Not a fan of her or her cabal and would rather see a vote in 10 years time under a more open leadership in Scotland where if the result was for indi there should be an automatic election months before "indi day" to decide the makeup of the new ruling parliament.
    I hope my fellow english friends appreciate some of the tongue in cheek way that this was written. I do not hate english people and lived in England for many years before travelling back north. Lots of friends and family are as english as John Smith. If there is animosity is it to Westminster parliament certainly not our fellow working class ordinary members of society.
    If I were a wind up merchant I would say thanks for the free prescriptions and education - sorry you peeps don't vote for parties that offer that shit...

Thanks to DavidF

BertRoot (10th May 2021) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

I do find it interesting why so many at the top of UK society are so generous with us Scottish Welsh and Irish leeches sucking every pound that we can out of the hardworking English taxpayer.
    I used to be one of the hardworking Welsh leeches/taxpayers but now I am one of the hardworking English taxpayers

Social Networking Bookmarks