Thanks
    Karma Level

You should
    a) Reply to him apologizing and hopefully he will credit your account back
    b) Pay the bill to avoid any hassles
    c) Tell your parents

2b3grna5

Default Oh no...

After seeing this thread, I went on the training site, took the quizzes and I ordered 2 copies of Halo, RalliSport, Amped, Fever, Project Gotham and a t-shirt. My credit card was billed over $45. I then recieved 1 copy of Halo and when I emailed them about the rest of my order, they basically told me that I was out of luck. Since I couldn't prove I work for a retailer they said that they'd keep the $45 since a coyp Halo costs $49.99 in stores. That sucks. I guess I got rooked. My parents are not going to be happy. What a hassle.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Oh no...

Originally posted by 2b3grna5
    After seeing this thread, I went on the training site, took the quizzes and I ordered 2 copies of Halo, RalliSport, Amped, Fever, Project Gotham and a t-shirt. My credit card was billed over $45. I then recieved 1 copy of Halo and when I emailed them about the rest of my order, they basically told me that I was out of luck. Since I couldn't prove I work for a retailer they said that they'd keep the $45 since a coyp Halo costs $49.99 in stores. That sucks. I guess I got rooked. My parents are not going to be happy. What a hassle.
    all thos prize on one account??

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by mikl
    my converstion with M$..

"Hi, I ordered 1 Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding and 1 Xbox Knit Cap from the XBOX RETAIL TEAM...

I received an email confirming that my order has been received and that "My credit card was charged $12.49."........
    Mikl, did you place this order this week? Have you made any previous orders?

M$ reply:

.....you card
    was not charged....
    Did you check if your card was actually charged or not?
    I would think it was charged, if not consider yourself lucky

Thanks
    Karma Level

People in this thread are lying, like 2b3grna5, you can't possibly order all those games in one account. Good try, but im not buying it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Damn i ordered Blood Wake & Project Gotham Racing on 8/13, and just like DiscoDuck my points were reset. I also noticed that when i went to check MS non-XBox training, Back to School Module 3 had disappeared. I had already finished Back to School Module 1&2. I think i've been caught. I'm thinking about emailing them to ask what the hell has happen.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by DiscoDuck

Mikl, did you place this order this week? Have you made any previous orders?

Did you check if your card was actually charged or not?
    I would think it was charged, if not consider yourself lucky
    Yes, I placed the order this week.. monday i think (12/8).
    And no, i didnt check if it was charged or not .. maybe i should

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by mikl
    What we should try, once we have received the first package,is to change the information in the "profile section" (change the name, the address etc)for something fake..

Then in the new account, put the real info.. maybe it will work..

but maybe they keep the previous info somewhere else..
    That was not a good idea.. i tried it, and M$ send me this email..:

"Can you explain why you had two accounts, and why one has been changed to be
    dissimilar to yours? If you can, then scan and email the employment information
    for the person that is using the other account.

jt"
    JT is the guy responsible for the Xbox retail center...

2b3grna5

I ordered the stuff by creating several different accounts. I ordered Halo first and got it quickly. I added the t-shirt to that account and created the other accounts and ordered more games from them. In the other xbox forum a guy said he was returning his games to get $, so I returned Halo to walmart and got store credit. Then I noticed that the t-shirt order was removed, so I emailed them asking what was up. I got an email that said that he was looking into it. After a day or so, he emailed back saying the system had detected my orders and deleted them. He told me to call and give my credit card number to him to get a refund for the cancelled orders. When I called, he said he wasn't going to give me the refund after all because he didn't think I worked at a store. I told him I did, but he said he couldn't find my name in the database. He said their employee database wasn't always complete and up to date, so he said I could email an image of my pay stub as proof. I told him I didn't have a job, hoping the honesty and pity plan would work. He told me that he wasn't going to prosecute, but he would keep the money in exchange for the Halo that I received.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by 2b3grna5
    I ordered the stuff by creating several different accounts. I ordered Halo first and got it quickly. I added the t-shirt to that account and created the other accounts and ordered more games from them. In the other xbox forum a guy said he was returning his games to get $, so I returned Halo to walmart and got store credit. Then I noticed that the t-shirt order was removed, so I emailed them asking what was up. I got an email that said that he was looking into it. After a day or so, he emailed back saying the system had detected my orders and deleted them. He told me to call and give my credit card number to him to get a refund for the cancelled orders. When I called, he said he wasn't going to give me the refund after all because he didn't think I worked at a store. I told him I did, but he said he couldn't find my name in the database. He said their employee database wasn't always complete and up to date, so he said I could email an image of my pay stub as proof. I told him I didn't have a job, hoping the honesty and pity plan would work. He told me that he wasn't going to prosecute, but he would keep the money in exchange for the Halo that I received.
    They've got a employee database!!! I'm surprise to hear that, MS really is serious about cracking down. Shit is over for those of us who aren't legit. Bye bye free games & software.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I find it very hard to believe that M$ would have a database of employee information for all of the possible stores. First off, I doubt that all of the stores have that sort of data file, and second of all, they certainly would NOT give it to MS, as that's a violation of privacy, and employee information is usually kept under lock and key.
    I think this JT guy is someone with a very tiny penis, and he's taking it out on everyone else.
    I also wonder about the legality of them charging credit cards for items that are intentionally not to be delivered.

I did get screwed myself -- 3 games paid for but not gotten, but I got enough to make up for it, so I am not going through the hassle of dealing with M$.

I'm sorry to hear about everyone else's problems...and we're all sorry M$ didn't stay stupid like they oughtta.

-TBM

Thanks
    Karma Level

You guys just got too greedy. From what I hear, the only way to beat the system is to create seperate accounts using seperate e-mail addresses and seperate credit card info. If possible, try using seperate addresses to. Use a friend's addy or something. I have 2 credit cards and did the above (though with the same address) and got both my games. (Screw the hats and t-shirts.. the additional cost for the shipping for these items doesn't make it that great of a deal. Plus you'd be out more money. Would you buy a hat for $4 shipped with the chance of it might not ever making it to you?) Also, wait until you get the game before you try again.. that way, if they catch on to you, you're only out $8 instead of the $40 - $50 a lot of you are apparantly out of. They ship pretty quick.

Another thing to try are disposible credit card numbers. Many CC companies created a system where they will give you a different CC number which goes back to your account that can only be used once. (Supposidly to calm the fears that many people have about using a CC over the internet and the number possibly getting intercepted) So look into that too.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hey dave, do you know some of those good CC things are? I've only heard about the mastercard ones....I had 3 accounts, each one under a different name and CC #, but same address. I ordered 1 game for all accounts, and got them. But couple weeks later, I try to do that again, but stagger them. Only the first account I created got shipped a game, the other two were reset with points, very odd. Good thing I have relatives nearby, time to try them next.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by chibchacan
    Damn i ordered Blood Wake & Project Gotham Racing on 8/13, and just like DiscoDuck my points were reset. I also noticed that when i went to check MS non-XBox training, Back to School Module 3 had disappeared. I had already finished Back to School Module 1&2. I think i've been caught. I'm thinking about emailing them to ask what the hell has happen.
    I've been caught, here's their's reply:

Please send proof of employment at an Xbox retailer (scanned image of paycheck) for all members of your household that would like to receive an order.

John Taves
    Xbox Online Training

I really hate John Taves. I don't know how but i'm going to find a way around this. It ain't over.

Thanks
    Karma Level

chibchacan,

Could you please tell us if this was your first order that you placed and was it from different accounts for those 2 games? By the wording of his reply it sounds like you used 2 accounts but the same address. If this is your first order and you used one account, then MS is really cracking down.

DaveMode,

That's exactly how I have been ordering my games; order one game, wait until it shipped and order another one on a different account the only thing is that I used the same address for all of the orders I made. This worked like a charm for the past couple of weeks until now. Even if you get a new credit card, the billing address must match your shipping address, which for most people would be the current address that you used to place your previous orders. Clearly MS has begun to check multiple orders from the same address. You would have to apply for a new credit card at a new address or use an address and credit card number from a friend/relative. Also, another unknown factor is if they have actually started to check if you work at the store that you put in your profile. If so, this would pretty much render the above method useless. Though I really doubt that they are checking each and every person for proof of employement. This would take too long.

Thanks
    Karma Level

What if you told them that you were just fired?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by keyghost
    What if you told them that you were just fired?
    5. Eligibility. BLAH BLAH BLAH... NOTE: If you are terminated from employment for any reason, you will have seven (7) calendar days following your termination date to redeem your Points. BLAH BLAH BLAH....

That could work....this is straight from the terms and conditions on the site.

Thanks
    Karma Level

In this case all they have to do is ask you for a image/fax of your current pay stub.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by DiscoDuck
    chibchacan,

Could you please tell us if this was your first order that you placed and was it from different accounts for those 2 games? By the wording of his reply it sounds like you used 2 accounts but the same address. If this is your first order and you used one account, then MS is really cracking down.
    It was my second order with a different account, name & address. I think i messed up by using my sister's credit card, which has the same billing address as my credit card that i used the first time i ordered. Next time, i'm gonna try with a credit card with a different billing address. Now to figure out how to do that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

it worked for me again the other day, but i rerally dont want to say what i did because i dont want to be prosecuted by them. using different credit card is best bet, but it takes more than that now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast