Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Thing

Thanks
    Karma Level

controls are fine.....just use middle mouse button to toggle between weapons and inventory and mouse wheel to scroll up/down items/weapons

mouse wheel works fine for me....

dont know what u are taling about

Thanks
    Karma Level

having to stop moving while actually aiming annoys me a lil, but the game is made liek that so the obstacles tkae that in ocnsideration, i just take it as something to make the game harder.....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Crash

I have a problem with it.
    After you've killed all the walkers, been to the radiorooom and a second wave of walkers attaks you, you then proceed to the exit.
    A "strange" cutscene ensues, and youre suddenly in another place. here the game crashes when I interact with my team.
    Give them ammmo or anything and it will crash- throw me to the desktop.
    Oh, and I have the trainer installed as well.
    Anyone else experiencing anything like this, is it trainer or beta related?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Crash

Originally posted by mansen66
    I have a problem with it.
    After you've killed all the walkers, been to the radiorooom and a second wave of walkers attaks you, you then proceed to the exit.
    A "strange" cutscene ensues, and youre suddenly in another place. here the game crashes when I interact with my team.
    Give them ammmo or anything and it will crash- throw me to the desktop.
    Oh, and I have the trainer installed as well.
    Anyone else experiencing anything like this, is it trainer or beta related?

hah that trainer is wack , a number of people experienced game freezing using that lame trainer... take the trainer off play without cheats and it should work fine

Thanks
    Karma Level

It seems most are past this point so I hope this will be an easy one. I’m on the level just after the
    airport. I come out of the air duck see the medic dude, fight my way down the spiral walk way to
    a door. When I get in there are 2 turrets on the wall with a door at the end. I get mowed down buy
    the turrets pretty quick. Do I try & kill the turrets? Or is there a way to turn them off? How do I get
    past this?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm at the part of the very beginning , seen a dead body on a table...where do we go from here...there's a box to put codes in, but me and my brother can't seem to find out what's next..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Try to use stuff, like computers and other things and all will become clear. oh, and do some exploring..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by gutyreader
    oh and i managed to kill that fucker! (third boss) but it doesnt get any kind of easier, the only *trick* i found was to use stun grenades. I had only one, but the boxes on the back of the room contain some (2 i think) keep them for when hes red, cause he moves a lot faster then
    Stun grenades? What for ? How did you precisely managed to burn him ?

BTW is it possible to switch/select ammo for the grenade launcher ?

Thx @+

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Multiplayer

Anybody know if the final will have multiplayer?
    This game would be so much fun coop!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default THING SOUND FIX

Anyone can give me a link to download this file?
    in third levels there is no sound
    help!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

no! now shut up.

Thanks
    Karma Level

stun grenades are to make him stop moving whil you burn him, using the "free look" control, so you can actually get close to it, then aim using the "free look" to shoot with your flame thrower in the air.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by CatScan
    It seems most are past this point so I hope this will be an easy one. I’m on the level just after the
    airport. I come out of the air duck see the medic dude, fight my way down the spiral walk way to
    a door. When I get in there are 2 turrets on the wall with a door at the end. I get mowed down buy
    the turrets pretty quick. Do I try & kill the turrets? Or is there a way to turn them off? How do I get
    past this?
    Thanks
    The "correct" way to get past this part is to shoot the boxes in front of the door on the left wall, run into the room, and hit the turret switch.

However, what I did was to hug the wall to the left immediately after you enter the room. From there, the left turret can't hit you at all, and the little "buldge" protects you from the right turret. Gun down the right turret, then lean out and gun down the left turret. This way, you don't lose any life gunning open boxes.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by gutyreader

oh and i managed to kill that fucker! (third boss) but it doesnt get any kind of easier, the only *trick* i found was to use stun grenades. I had only one, but the boxes on the back of the room contain some (2 i think) keep them for when hes red, cause he moves a lot faster then,
    After dying very quickly several times, I was able to beat the 3rd boss with ease. The trick is to stay close to the thing. You don't have to touch it, but you should be pretty close.

If you run a tight circle around the thing, it will be too busy turning to face you to even attack. Just circle strafe around it shooting it with a machine gun, and it will die very quickly. In fact, I only got hit once when I entered the room, and once when I stopped to set it on fire. And this way, there isn't even a danger of breaking open the container with that other thing in it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

This game rulez, finally a decent game too play ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

i get a runtime error whenever i reach half of the 4th time around the damn monster (in the chopper)!! anyone else got that prob???

Thanks
    Karma Level

Anyone on the multiplayer thing?

Thanks
    Karma Level

The game isn't so poorly scripted as poorly executed. I found that in general, the whole trust/fear system was rather transparent, and didn't really add to the gameplay.

I have noticed that at certain times, an NPC will mutate as a direct consequence of getting hit by one of the "things." I actually thought that was kind of cool.

But the real use for the blood kits is not to check your NPCs, but to get an NPC to trust you when you don't want to give him a weapon.

Think about what happened when you first used the blood kits in a cutscene. Even though the blood kit detected the infection, you still had to fight the NPCs in their mutated form. So proving that they are infected does not change anything gameplay wise.

Also, I'm not sure why Firebrand felt the need to reload and kill them before they mutate. The "NPC things" are pathetically easy to kill, and ammo is abundant enough that there's no reason to reload, IMHO.

Thanks
    Karma Level

game is way to short unlike my d0nk3y dick
    game iz kool they shoul dmake more and more so we can get the thing

Thanks
    Karma Level

I honestly think there are some THINGS missing in this game... Maybe that's why it's a beta I had this crazy bug yesterday, one of my teammates at the medical lab started dancing and his animation was locked... So he just kept dancing around while following me, even while his trust was all the way up, that was so damn funny ;-)))))))

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast