Close

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah true noview. I don't normally refer people to other boards, but if you want a more honest, thought-provoking discussion you should head over to boards.straightdope.com/sdmb and strike up your conversation there in the Great Debates category. Some of the people on there are absolute geniuses and can be intimidating at times, but it's fun to see how real honest people react.

Thanks
    Karma Level

How was the grand cannon formed? A jew heard someone threw a penny in a hole.
    How was copper wire invented? 2 Jews had a dispute over a penny
    How many Jews can you fit in a car? 104, 4 in the car 100 in the ashtray
    Why did Hitler kill himself? He couldnt pay the gas bill
    How do you start a Jewish parade? Roll a penny down the street

I eat bacon, sure as hell sleep in on Saturdays, and Im Jewish.

Thanks
    Karma Level

noview, I wouldn't even say that, because it is possible to have intelligent discussions here, even about 'controversial' topics. The problem is that a lot of intelligent members are just tired of this ongoing stupidity, and either leave the board completely or become passive lurkers, since they don't want to waste their time and energy.

And even if you don't believe it eengrms, but some of them really wouldn't have a problem fitting in that hyped "sdmb" category. Elitism is not always backed with substance, and some people avoid boards like that on purpose.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by MarcusAure
    And you wonder why they're killing each other in the middle east.

YES I DO!
    but i also know that they are killing eachother for NO valid reasons as the ones you just talked about and got so upset over...plz dont prove to be a human monkey if you want a intelligent conversation.

"insults my religion"...bah...its because people care about stuff like that this world is shitty...hell man ALL wars are because of DUMB FUCKIN SHIT like that...i mean you seem to be intelligent and educated and well articulated how the hell can you even be insulted by something so ridiculous?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by th3virus

Couldn't help but laugh at a couple of those. I apologize.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by NOD
    Couldn't help but laugh at a couple of those. I apologize.

dont apologize because they was hella funny....also humour is one good way to deal with shit like that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

"Interesting that you have a sensitive young jewish man who tries to have a civil debate "

fairplay but this is not the board todo it, well it should be but if someone takes a bit of time to read the other threads here lol, what does anyone expect to happen

and the jokes were funny

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by agfdhfdhad
    fairplay but this is not the board todo it, well it should be but if someone takes a bit of time to read the other threads here lol, what does anyone expect to happen
    Who said that it isn't? Who made these 'rules'? Seriously, I'm getting tired of this. Anyone who has been on this board for a while knows that it doesn't have to be like that.
    I enjoy a good flame myself, even some of the more stupid attempts of humour, but it really doesn't hurt to have a civil and intelligent debate once in a while, does it? There are more than enough threads where people can flame the shit out of each other, celebrate their stupidity and so forth, if someone tries to bring a 'little bit of variety' to this board, why not respect his wish and try to think before you post, and contribute something relevant and intelligent to the thread?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by noview

MarcusAure, I was wondering how long you have been reading these forums? Because if you were really interested in having a good discussion on the subject (interesting as it is), this is clearly not the place for it.
    Actually I have been registered since 2000 as MarcusAurelius, but got banned for digging up an old thread. Harsh world we live in. I knew what I was getting into, but I just hoped that we could sort through the ignorance and maybe find a little bit of the truth.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by BuBBeN

"insults my religion"...bah...its because people care about stuff like that this world is shitty...hell man ALL wars are because of DUMB FUCKIN SHIT like that...i mean you seem to be intelligent and educated and well articulated how the hell can you even be insulted by something so ridiculous?
    No, you're right. What I meant to say was I was insulted by their ignorance and stupidity. I didn't find it fair to me, someone Jewish, never having done anything to them, not religious, eating pork, and all other worldly delights, to be indirectly targeted by their lack of inteligence.

I'm sorry, it's hard to put into words what I'm trying to say.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Manyiu

Who said that it isn't? Who made these 'rules'? Seriously, I'm getting tired of this. Anyone who has been on this board for a while knows that it doesn't have to be like that.
    I enjoy a good flame myself, even some of the more stupid attempts of humour, but it really doesn't hurt to have a civil and intelligent debate once in a while, does it? There are more than enough threads where people can flame the shit out of each other, celebrate their stupidity and so forth, if someone tries to bring a 'little bit of variety' to this board, why not respect his wish and try to think before you post, and contribute something relevant and intelligent to the thread?
    I agree. It is becoming more and more commonplace on this board to "flame first ask questions later". The thing I hate the most though is two people, or more, can have a really great discussion lasting maybe 10 replies or more, and then a few absolute morons can come in the middle of it and start flaming and acting like assholes and ruin the conversation. That has happened at least ten times in the past three days. You would think that people would realize how big of an ass they are being when thirty other members tell them, but it's just like it doesn't sink in. The mods need to inact new "no-flame" policies where it is only ok to flame someone for severe retardation, and not just for talking about something different. I usually only flame the lazy people who either can't search or are just plain dumb and post illegible crap that nobody can read. I like different topics like this, I just feel sorry for the thread-starters because they take so much crap. I started a thread in the movie area about plot loopholes and the only replies I got we're thread-crappers with nothing else to do.

Oh and about sdmb, I know there are quite a few people here who would fit in there. I wasn't trying to insinuate that exactly, just that the caliper of discussion is much more in depth and sophisticated there that a member here may not be used to it. I for one haven't quite gotten into the board there yet but I plan to because they have some really good discussions.

In summary- it's sad that we've all come to expect flaming as commonplace. Now please with all due respect- flame on.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The main reason i dislike a lot of jews is because they are ignorant and cocky. Most of them are very racist, but fail to realize that it is hypocritical to call anti-semites racists, but then in turn act like racists themselves. With respect to the "cocky" part of the stereotype, it is directly related to igorance. Granted, people do hate individuals that are well off, but not entire religions that have some well off people. By saying "the only reason people are anti-semetic is because they are jealous of us" you are only fooling yourself. I personally do not envy jews one bit, im not exactly desparate for money so im not envious of that, and at the same time i don't know why anyone would be envious, considering most of the physical appearance stereotypes are true (i.e. the ugly factor). Envy has nothing to do with it, the attitude of the jews does, and until enough of them realize that, anti-semetism will continue.
    After reading this thread, MarcusAure fits MY stereotype of a Jew to a tee, whining and complaining while spewing ignorance from every appendege of his body. Dude, shut up and go into therapy. Also after reading people's responses, it occurs to me that Maniyu (sp?) is also either Jewish or just plain stupid. All you are doing is telling MarcusAure what he wants to here, not the truth. On top of that, he asked people why they hate jews and anytime anybody gives an honest reply you lash out at them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by MarcusAure
    No, you're right. What I meant to say was I was insulted by their ignorance and stupidity. I didn't find it fair to me, someone Jewish, never having done anything to them, not religious, eating pork, and all other worldly delights, to be indirectly targeted by their lack of inteligence.

I'm sorry, it's hard to put into words what I'm trying to say.

hey dude i know what you are trying to say i just wanted to point that out...and as for your original question i always wondered that too why people always have been "picking" on jews...(picking is a weak word but anyway).

Ofcourse its not fair to you but at the same time you said its because of thier ignorance, stupidity and lack of intelligence so why should you care since you are way above those peoples level ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by SkiLLz
    Most of them are very racist, but fail to realize that it is hypocritical to call anti-semites racists, but then in turn act like racists themselves.
    Doesn't this profile fit anyone who is a racist? Black people hate white people because they think they are all racist, but in reality they are being racist towards white people. Did make an incorrect correlation here? I think it makes sense.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Obviously there are no (not considering requests and such) rules here, and certainly no rule prohibiting a good discussion. The reason for my earlier comment is that lately all potentially interesting debate has for the most part ended up being less intelligent pissing contests among those who, as you amusingly put it, like to celebrate their stupidity and so forth. Very nicely put by the way.

I myself have not been a regular in these forums for very many months, yet I would probably hesitate to start a discussion as this myself. These forums serve a purpose for me, and that of "great debates" is not the first that comes to mind. It's not that I don't enjoy the flaming, oh I do, but when it never seems to end whatever the issue at hand, I sort of lose my inspiration to contribute to a "serious" topic.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Also after reading people's responses, it occurs to me that Maniyu (sp?) is also either Jewish or just plain stupid. All you are doing is telling MarcusAure what he wants to here, not the truth. On top of that, he asked people why they hate jews and anytime anybody gives an honest reply you lash out at them.
    him being jewish actually fits into my theory where he got all those issues from...he is german..and jewish ..maybe his ancestors were jews who betrayed other jews in nazi germany..that would explain lots....why he is soo quick to call everyone racist/nazi and also why he is so desperately overtheedge humanitarian to try to set things right.
    His family probably got rich on nazi treasury and moved to america that is why he is so welleducated and also lives in a safe place well protected from any impact from reality

Thanks
    Karma Level

Also after reading people's responses, it occurs to me that Maniyu (sp?) is also either Jewish or just plain stupid. All you are doing is telling MarcusAure what he wants to here, not the truth. On top of that, he asked people why they hate jews and anytime anybody gives an honest reply you lash out at them.
    I think that you read his comments first before you write such nonsense. Unlike most of the stubborn, cocky and ignorant Jews who post very degrading bullshit about arabs in every thread dealing with Israel here, he actually did show self-criticism and a balanced view on this subject, for example (as far as it is possible, of course). This is something that deserves respect, and when a couple of tards are not able to articulate the reasons for their resentments in a halway intelligent way, when they think that it is 'cool' to purposely use degrading language against someone who still tries to stay calm, you bet that I "lash out at them", especially when no one else does (or only very few people). This happened once in this thread, not repeatedly.
    Generalisations and stereotypes are never "the truth". Just because I don't use them doesn't mean that I write what others "want to hear", and it definitely doesn't mean that I have to be jew myself.

P.S.: BuBBeN, keep on embarassing yourself with your retarded assumptions and "theories" about my life. You are a fat, ugly, uneducated, envious, lazy little reindeer fucker who has never achieved anything in his life besides being the pissoir of society.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by th3virus

I am jewish, I don't mind the jokes. But come on, bacon? You're just sick. Btw, if you can read hebrew, read my sig, it is directed to you. (it was made before this thread however)

Thanks
    Karma Level

him being jewish actually fits into my theory where he got all those issues from...he is german..and jewish ..maybe his ancestors were jews who betrayed other jews in nazi germany..that would explain lots....why he is soo quick to call everyone racist/nazi and also why he is so desperately overtheedge humanitarian to try to set things right.
    His family probably got rich on nazi treasury and moved to america that is why he is so welleducated and also lives in a safe place well protected from any impact from reality
    Plus he has a quote from a jew in his sig....

And Manyiu (once again sp?) if you honestly think that the thread starter presented his statements in a self-critical manner, you're an idiot. It was presented in an ignorant, cocky manner. "Why do you all hate us? We didnt do anything to you! STOP HATING US! I know people hate us because we are so smart and rich, maybe thats the reason for anti-semitism." THAT'S self-critical? Thats like me going around telling random people how well off i am, and then turning around and saying "but my money hasn't changed me as a person." Any normal person would see that as trying to flaunt money, but only an idiot in the same boat as me would call me humble.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The main reason i dislike a lot of jews is because they are ignorant and cocky. Most of them are very racist, but fail to realize that it is hypocritical to call anti-semites racists, but then in turn act like racists themselves. With respect to the "cocky" part of the stereotype, it is directly related to igorance. Granted, people do hate individuals that are well off, but not entire religions that have some well off people. By saying "the only reason people are anti-semetic is because they are jealous of us" you are only fooling yourself. I personally do not envy jews one bit, im not exactly desparate for money so im not envious of that, and at the same time i don't know why anyone would be envious, considering most of the physical appearance stereotypes are true (i.e. the ugly factor). Envy has nothing to do with it, the attitude of the jews does, and until enough of them realize that, anti-semetism will continue.
    After reading this thread, MarcusAure fits MY stereotype of a Jew to a tee, whining and complaining while spewing ignorance from every appendege of his body. Dude, shut up and go into therapy. Also after reading people's responses, it occurs to me that Maniyu (sp?) is also either Jewish or just plain stupid. All you are doing is telling MarcusAure what he wants to here, not the truth. On top of that, he asked people why they hate jews and anytime anybody gives an honest reply you lash out at them.
    I didn't really feel like replying to this thread until I got a good wiff of this giant hunk-of-shit post above me. I disagree with every single aspect of your post. You start off your post with "The main reason I dislike a lot of jews is because they are ignorant and cocky." However, you fail to include a single "personal" experience. Instead, you go on about how all Jewish people are _______, _______, and ________. I could go on about how ignorant you are, but honestly you did all the work for me. Here are some of the highlights: "it occurs to me that Maniyu (sp?) is also either Jewish or just plain stupid." Wow, you managed to call anyone that defends the Jews stupid...I'd say that was the theme of your post...lets move on... "MarcusAure fits MY stereotype of a Jew to a tee." Your stereotype? "considering most of the physical appearance stereotypes are true (i.e. the ugly factor)." Oh that must be your stereotype too... I've personally experienced things that would contradict everything you said. Even though you didn't validate a single reason for you being anti-Semitic, I still think you have the right to your ignorant opinion. Preach on.

him being jewish actually fits into my theory where he got all those issues from...
    *Moment of clarity* Maybe his issues stem from being Jewish and not fitting the stereotypes placed upon him. Maybe...just maybe.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast