Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by £ogic
    Oh yeah, anybody have one yet?
    There are a few people that have them over on the 3DGPU forum:

3dGPU Forums

They seem to like them although there are a few problems right out of the gate. Apparently FSAA doesn't work in 16-bit mode, but then again, who uses 16-bit rendering any more?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Like the GeForce4 Ti

Originally posted by Sindross
    Too be totally honest, i really can't see the difference between X-box's 750mhz risk p3 processor and ps2 300mgh sisk processor. My ps2 never lagged once, or got choppy in any games i've played, no matter how many players we were...

lol you are fucking kidding aint you?
    PS2 cant do half the stuff X-box can do? take halo for example bump mapping tons of effects everywhere and 4 palyer split screen no jaggies no blocky graphics... umm what can we compare on the PS2 crap all cuz it sucks at multipalyer always has it cant even render smooth graphics on 1st person shooters in 1 palyer mode let alone 2 or 4 player the only thing it was good at doing was fighting games but now thats jsut getting a little repetive fighting game after fighting game ?

BTW i own no next generation consoles so i'am not biased

im also not slagging off the ps2 as it has had some gd games MEtal gear solid 2, THPS3 but there aint many :S

but i dont think you can comapre the pure hardware power of Xbox with Ps2 as the xbox easily achieves better graphics more players better sound and good looks with out even breaking into a sweat...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yup, though I don't own a "next generation" console either, I would in fact say that the XBox does r0x0r y0 b0x3rz.

Yeah I dunno what I was thinking when I typed that either...=/

Thanks
    Karma Level

in some benchmarks GF4 4600 steps allover radeon

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by RB26DETT
    in some benchmarks GF4 4600 steps allover radeon

that wont happend if you have 4Ghz+ cpu. the problem is from the CPU bottlenecking the card and not from the card itself.

can u play quake3 1600x1200 4xAA 16xANISO MAX details and still getting 100FPS in gf4?? NOPE........ in rad9700? YEP!

rad scores 10,000 3dmarks while gf4 scores lousy 2500 3dmarks..

Thanks
    Karma Level

GF4 scores 2500 3Dmarks? You're joking, right? I get 10k with mine, I HIGHLY doubt it scores 4x as much. 2500 is the score of a geforce 1.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Could it be that he meant 2500 3dmarks with 4xAA and 16xAF..?

I read somewhere (sorry can't remember where) that Radeon 9700 Pros 8xAGP doesn't work properly (if at all), but it didn't say whether it was a hardware or driver issue. Can somebody confirm whether this is a hoax or not?

Soppa

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hmmmm I can easily play UT2K3 @ 1600x1200 4xAA ad I get 90fps constantly! so stop dissing a great gfx card like gf4. and besides who the hell would pay 400 dollars for some video card ..
    I got my gf for $189.60 and im very happy with it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hello all!!!

I had my Radeon 9700 pro for 3 weeks now!
    I can say by experience that it rocks, If you take the radeon and compare it to the gf4 4600, both with identical Pc specs, well it does kill it. What should people understand and stop fighting about is that all depends on your hardware besides the actual cards.

For instance, I have a p4 1.8....with Rdram...384 megs of it to be more precise....The performance up to date with current games is marvalous. Of course, if you have a 2.8 mhz Pc with 2 gigs of Rdram....well you surely expect it to ravage anything else on the market. So we should stop comparing those 2 wonderfull product in there own ways, and remember that the whole system besides the card does have a big impact on benchmarks and eye candy results.

But from my point of view, the Radeon 9700 pro on its natural raw force does beat the gf4 4600 for people who compares it on a custom identical, not tweaked in anyway Pc.

Sorry for the novel but thats my impression based on experience I had with both products. Thanks to all and have a nice day.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by evstein7
    GF4 scores 2500 3Dmarks? You're joking, right? I get 10k with mine, I HIGHLY doubt it scores 4x as much. 2500 is the score of a geforce 1.
    for 1600x1200 4xAA 16xANISO ... DUH

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hmmmm I can easily play UT2K3 @ 1600x1200 4xAA ad I get 90fps constantly!
    Really? And how is the anisotropic setting? Zero, yes?
    And also don't compare GF's 4xAA to R9700 4xAA - Radeon's AA better, that's it.
    Sorry, this is the GF4.

so stop dissing a great gfx card like gf4. and besides who the hell would pay 400 dollars for some video card ..
    I got my gf for $189.60 and im very happy with it.
    Do you joking, don't you?

You couldn't be serious compare your $190 GF4 (which model is this?) to the R9700 Pro... uhh, oh boy... so funny.

Ti4600 is very good card but - based on facts - they play in two different classes: R9700 is the top dog - and your card is just the mainstream. Maybe sad but true, face it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

your just upset that you cant afford GF4 and still stuck with Voodoo 8mb . the facts are GF4 steps all over R9700 every possible way.
    Read reviews then talk.
    I play lots of games at max resolution and everyother setting on high .. the RTCW i get 120FPS, UT 90-100 ... whatever tho Im dont arguing.

Thanks
    Karma Level

the facts are GF4 steps all over R9700 every possible way.
    I don't mean to be nasty either, but that surely isn't the truth; in fact IMHO it's quite the opposite. I'm now using the GF4 Ti4200 and it suits my needs (and mostly budget) just fine, so what I'm saying is that GF4 Ti-series cards are quality products, but R9700 pro just simply has taken the lead performance-wise. I imagine you'd need a powerful processor to take full advantage of it though.

Soppa

Thanks
    Karma Level

your just upset that you cant afford GF4 and still stuck with Voodoo 8mb . the facts are GF4 steps all over R9700 every possible way.
    Read reviews then talk.
    I play lots of games at max resolution and everyother setting on high .. the RTCW i get 120FPS, UT 90-100 ... whatever tho Im dont arguing.

OMG!! you fucking moron. you telling the people to read reviews and YOURSELF never did that? gf4 is better than rad9700? HAHA u are so dumb. you are nVidiot who thinks nvidia is always superior. here's a NEWSFLASH.. Radeon9700 STEPS ALL OVER GF4 FROM ALL SIDES. LEFT RIGHT UP DOWN IN THE MIDDLE ON IT IN IT ALL OVER IT AND SO ON.

Gf4 is a TOY comparing to Radeon9700. Radeon9700 ownz gf4 in all aspects.. and you are talking about the money? the radeon9700 is 400bucks and the gf4 is only 350 so dont even talk about the money.

get your ass enlightened and read the reviews at anandtech.com and tomshardware.com

Thanks
    Karma Level

Read reviews then talk.
    When I've read this one I thought I'm blind - [b]who needs to read the review again, my poor son?

Miserable moron...

Yes, we are here: you're just a liar nothing else.

Anybody can see - that's all.

Thanks
    Karma Level

LOL o yahh! 350 for a geforce 4 ti4600? Yeah, if you're an idiot. I got a brand new chaintech one from new egg for 250. I don't think radeon 9700 is worth 150 dollars more, for me at least. I don't play with AA and AF, and I play at 1024x768. There's very little difference.

Thanks
    Karma Level

there u fuckin nvidia fanboy.. (RB26DETT)
    http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1647&p=10

see the REAL stats, your baby wont hit 100FPS any time! and defenitely NOT with x4.. it will CROWL...

god, wat a liar.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by evstein7
    LOL o yahh! 350 for a geforce 4 ti4600? Yeah, if you're an idiot. I got a brand new chaintech one from new egg for 250. I don't think radeon 9700 is worth 150 dollars more, for me at least. I don't play with AA and AF, and I play at 1024x768. There's very little difference.
    oh sorry father!! i slipped! please forgive me! its 250 instead of 350. i need your forgiveness, I'm drawning in a sea of sin!! HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

people who say oh i dont play with AA are people who ACCEPTED the fact they CANT play with AA! which means their card doesn't allow that for him! just like me! but when i played with AA i was SHOCKED how the FPS game could be ALIVE. i swear once i got sick of the blood and death effects with AA so i turned them off at once!

when you get raddy9700 you will be AMAZED how great the card is.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got mine 2 days ago for $332 from mwave. Retail ati. All I can say is this card is unfookingbelievable!! Jediknight 2, sof2, rtcw, all details maxed to the highest settings, highest texture settings, projection shadows, 4x antialiasing, 16x anisotropic filtering. Smooth as a babies bottom with no slowdowns. This card is waaaaay better than I expected. I'm only using a 1.2gig thunderbird, so you don't need to have the newest cpu to appreciate this card. Driver problems? None! Every game I've tried has worked flawlessly. The games all look so incredible with aa on with all of the effects maxed out. I can't get over how good sof2 and jedi knight 2 look. Definitely a well spent $332. ($348 after 2 day shipping) Would highly recommend this card to any gamer out there.

Thanks
    Karma Level

>"who cares, ati blows, their drivers are ALWAYS shitty"

yea, ati drivers are so gay, that ATI will be the official sponsor for the gay pride next year

and don't talk about the 40.41 Nvidia drivers, I don't think they suck as much as the cataclysm-my-ass, but anyway they are leaked drivers, not official like the ATI ones

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast