Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

>can u play quake3 1600x1200 4xAA 16xANISO MAX details and >still getting 100FPS in gf4??

WTF needs that ??
    All you R9700 ppl bought the card to run benchmarks

I play q3 in 1024x768 all details maxed out with FSAA on my GF4/P4 1.8@2.4 GHz and I'm having so much fun

I wouldn't spend 350 quids on an ATI video card that's for sure, but I *might* spend 10 bucks on an ATI RAGE PRO, I need something to balance my desk

wait for the NV30, and prepare to cry all the tears of your body :OL

Thanks
    Karma Level

RoN|N...

NV30 will be 400bucks too and it'll do what the radeon9700 will if not more so err you are err contradicting yourself?

so why NV30?? lets get the Rad9700 its cheaper... heh

try to be more 'convincing' next time.

Thanks
    Karma Level

bah
    it will be much smaller technology, with nvidia quality

sure the top notch NV30 will be 400 bucks, but they will make a 4200TI-like for 150 and it will kick the shit out of ATI

ATI, PH34R

Thanks
    Karma Level

nvidia quality? lol that's funny, your just a nvidia fan, if you think all ati quality is shit. grow up and stop thinkin like nvidia is a great company. i had many driver problems with it too. i used like 10 drivers before KNEW wtf is the best for it. why do i have to suffer to know what's best for my card? and the card overlclocks like shit, and its ASUS bleh.

and still you didnt proove shit with 'no for rad9700 and yes for nv30' comment.

get the rad9700 and u'll love it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

well guys seems radeons new card isnt as flawless as you say it is
    ive had mine for two days now and alot of direct3d games hang up and crash

The Thing, BF 1942, Unreal2k3 demo and so on

this is not jsut a problem im having since ive read on other msg boards that almost everyone is having this problem

and apparently ati released a 7.77 driver for this exact problem but it doesnt do shit for me

every direct 3d game still crashing
    can anyone confirm that the 7.77 make these games work?
    cause id really love to play these games

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by samtack
    well guys seems radeons new card isnt as flawless as you say it is
    ive had mine for two days now and alot of direct3d games hang up and crash

The Thing, BF 1942, Unreal2k3 demo and so on

this is not jsut a problem im having since ive read on other msg boards that almost everyone is having this problem

and apparently ati released a 7.77 driver for this exact problem but it doesnt do shit for me

every direct 3d game still crashing
    can anyone confirm that the 7.77 make these games work?
    cause id really love to play these games

make sure you have installed your agp drivers (via or whatever you have)....then..after you changed drivers run dxdiag and check if the agp acc is enabled...sometimes you have to run the directx install after you switched drivers to make everything work...also make sure you follow the right procedure when changing drivers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hello all!!

OK let me clarify something to you guys who doubts the 9700 performance.

I had my Radeon 9700 for 1 month now. I dont regret it at all.

All the games I have and played runs very good and sharp like hell on 1600x1200 screen resolution with max details and antialiasing and anastropic.

The games I have played :

-Max Payne -Nhl 2002
    -Deux Ex -Warcraft3
    -AliensvsPredator2 -Morrowind
    -UT2003 demo -NoOneLivesFor2 demo
    -Dungeon Siege -The Thing
    -Giants -NeverWinter night
    -Mafia -JedyKnight2

and more............

So to all who have problems with the Radeon 9700...Remember that its not your card, its something else in your Pc's.

Here are my Specs
    -P4 1.8ghrz
    -384 megs RDRAM (pc 800)
    -Radeon 9700 pro
    -Audigy Gamer

Its not the TOP NOTCH Pc but like I said everything is great on it.

Actually I dont understand why people who have killing Pc's have any problems with the card. But hey I guess Im a lucky one.!! :-)

Cya all!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

COol crest, I have the same processor, sounds like it runs good.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yep Evstein7 and you want to know a secret....Its a Dell but I build it the way I wanted it, I add memory to it, got the 9700 pro and the Audigy Gamer, witch of these wor not in the pc when I bought it. These are all things I add not too long ago. But the mobo and cpu are the same and it runs great with any game. I even have a 17" Trinitron tube in it. My guess is that its a Sony but it still says Dell in front but its nice and black and flat screen also.

So it was a good buy for me!!

Cia!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by ooo yahh
    uh you all lil kids should grow up... no difference than gf4ti4600 ? oh come on can u run Quake3 x4fsaa x16aniso and STILL Getting 100FPS? hell no, the fuckin gf4 will crowl!

and where u see 'slight' difference that's because the limitation of the fucking CPU not because the damn card.. if u think the card is everything u should quit pc scene just NOW.

and that kid showing 400% isn't enough saying instead of 1fps gettin 4fps u are one hella fuckup.. look at 3dmarks @ x4fsaa x16aniso 1600x1200... GF4 was getting 2500 3dmarks, and radeon9700 what did it get? 10000 3dmarks! i see 400% improvement...

dont like 1600x1200? dont play on that! play on 1024x768 x4fsaa x16aniso and SEE the huge difference than gf4ti4600.

what can i say people... you are bunch of morons thinking that gf4 is the same level of radeon. and who the fuck was talking about their drivers? low quality? haha maybe some bugs yeah but not that crap... someguy got 20,000 3dmarks with radeon9700 can u see gf4 do that? huh? with their l33333333t drivers? GROW UP. thx

morons.

p.s. u want the link? just ask...
    Those kids are just saying it only because they own Geforce 4. You know the usual thing, "i own this so it's the best thing out there" attitude. GROW UP KIDS
    If I were to upgrade my Geforce2 Ti, I would personally go for Radeon 9700. It's much cheaper than how much Geforce4 Ti4600 was when it was first launched.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by coladuna

It's much cheaper than how much Geforce4 Ti4600 was when it was first launched.
    $400 is cheaper than $400? Both were that price at launch...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by evstein7

yeah and now its 300 bucks! didnt even hold a month on 400bucks as a price...

Thanks
    Karma Level

300 bucks now? you might want to go to pricegrabber.com or something and acctually look at prices before BSing

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's still 400, and the ti4600 is 250

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by £ogic
    300 bucks now? you might want to go to pricegrabber.com or something and acctually look at prices before BSing
    goto pricewatch.com ... and see its price..

http://www.pricewatch.com/1/37/4884-1.htm

bsin huh? heh

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Ummmm...

I really hate to point this out the the nVidia freaks out there, but does anyone remember a little company called 3dfx? I seem to recall the Voodoo1 and VD2 cards being pretty stable, good support, fast 3d cards, then some little upstart company called nVidia came out with something called a GeForce that blew the Voodoo away! I also seem to recall the drivers for the first generation nVidia cards being somewhat buggy as well. However, with a larger user base, it seems they survived the 3d war, went on to bigger and better things.

I'll give props to nVidia at for the most part keeping the pace they started a number of years ago, i.e. a new generation of video cards every 6 months.

But now? It's all about the ATI Radeon 9700 Pro. In just about *EVERY* test, the ATI came out on top, sometimes by a huge margin. I think that only in one of the tests (and no, I'm not going to go look it up and tell you which one) the GeForce4 scored a whopping 2% higher than the Radeon.

I think it's time for nVidia to wake up and smell the coffee. No longer can they rest on their past accomplishments and claim to be the best. Oh, and by the way, I don't want to hear about the NV30. You can't make a point with something that doesn't exist yet.

'Nuff said.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by £ogic
    All I'm saying is, if you bought a GF4 Ti4600 a couple months ago, no need to spend another 400$ on a vid card because you won't see THAT much improvement. Especially if you don't have super fast CPU and memory as well as the rest of your computer.
    Are you fucking stupid or something?
    Which stupid asshole would dish out loads of cash two months after they bought gf4 ti4600? Even if you don't make stupid comments like that, everyone knows.
    Idiot

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by evstein7

Where I live, Geforce4 ti4600 cost more than 800 bucks when it first came out. Radeon 9700pro costs 749. That's in australian dollar though

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by coladuna

Are you fucking stupid or something?
    Which stupid asshole would dish out loads of cash two months after they bought gf4 ti4600? Even if you don't make stupid comments like that, everyone knows.
    Idiot
    wont see THAT improvements?? are you fucking idiot? cant read? or your brain is totally overloaded???

GO PLAY @ 1600x1200 16xANISO 6xAA in both games... and COME and tell me what 'THAT' improvement you will see

nvidiot.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by ooo yahh

wont see THAT improvements?? are you fucking idiot? cant read? or your brain is totally overloaded???

GO PLAY @ 1600x1200 16xANISO 6xAA in both games... and COME and tell me what 'THAT' improvement you will see

nvidiot.
    What a fucking idiot. Is your brain the size of a little frozen pea?
    Who would spend another fucking 400 bucks on video card just after two months just so they can play games at 1600x1200 with all settings at full detail and anti aliasing shit. Who cares? They can still pretty much run everything at a detail that's more than good enough. Maybe there is one in hundreds of thousands of people who have almost unlimited supply of money so they can buy whatever they want. However, this is not the case for most people.

One other thing. You can't read, can you? Did i say anything to point out that I like nVidia cards better? NO! READ IT DICKHEAD, NO!
    I actually like radeon 9700pro better and I'm thinking of getting one at the end of the year when i get a new system. All I was saying is that if you have a geforce4 ti4600 already, there's no need to upgrade since it already runs all games at high detail. Read and understand you retard 'nvidiot' HAHA
    If you think people will spend another 400 bucks just for 'THAT' improvement, you are such a geek. Why don't you spend all your money on games, idiot.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast