Close

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't get those cursed Flametrowers... when I play in 3rd person mode, I can only fry the ground... is this just me? Same goes for the blowtorch by the way..

Any suggestions? I can only use those weapons in first person mode.

Thanks
    Karma Level

when i go to use the recorder the game always freezes when i try to save

Thanks
    Karma Level

this game is great..yeah i agree just like max payne. play like crazy till its finished..then probably never play again. lets hope this sound fix works

Thanks
    Karma Level

Flame me, but I´m Level 1 and stuck. I´ve planted those 2 c4 bombs and shall now return to the evac point. But where the fuck is this? I were everywere, but no script or sth else started. Maybe it´s because I have only found 5 documents yet?

Thanks
    Karma Level

also there are not any cut scenes...after u shut off the power and go thru it there was a man curled up but then it just shoots to the next part of the game and no type of cut scene...AND I BOUGHT THE DAMN GAME!!! UGH piece of crap

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Mister9999
    Flame me, but I´m Level 1 and stuck. I´ve planted those 2 c4 bombs and shall now return to the evac point. But where the fuck is this? I were everywere, but no script or sth else started. Maybe it´s because I have only found 5 documents yet?
    You have to go back near the crate where you got the C4. Theres smoke flares there, go inside the "box".

Btw. I tried the no sound fix, off GCW and thats what I ended up with, no sound at all. lol Anyways, thanks to the tipster who got it right. Once again, unpack the english.pak into the same folder it came from, then either delete or move the pak file. you might need it for updates. That worked fine. I used winrar.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Same prob here as ch40z:

When I try to use the flamethrower or blowtorch, I can only fry the ground before my feet. Only when I'm "spraying" in first person view, these weapons work as they are expected to do. That sucks, and I don't think that this is normal, isn't it?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Slochy
    Same prob here as ch40z:

When I try to use the flamethrower or blowtorch, I can only fry the ground before my feet. Only when I'm "spraying" in first person view, these weapons work as they are expected to do. That sucks, and I don't think that this is normal, isn't it?
    actually it's quite usefull

when a thing is coming for you, flame the ground while walking backwards (when it's close to you) you will set it on fire AND keep it from coming towards you (it hates fire and the floor will be aflame)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Yep normal

Ive been playing the game for a while and i guess that whole flamethrower/blowtorch fires at the ground thing is normal

I usualy switch to 1st person when i kill those beasts but if there coming at you then you could just shoot in 3rd because the fire on the ground will keep them back usualy giving you the time to switch and kill them

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hmm, guess you're right Although it would be cool if you could fry around while holding the mouse-button in third-person-view and moving your mouse around. My two cents =)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default first boss

hmm, just wondering but is there supposed to be no sound on the first boss?
    at the first cutscene with the boss it makes no sound, and when i'm fighting it it only makes sound when I hit it other thatn that it's completely silent, no music either.
    odd. It's really a shame that this game is so buggy.. sometimes the game just goes very quiet with no background sounds and or music at all for a period, very darn irritating.
    and YES I have done that sound fix, there's sound everywhere else and in all the other cutscenes.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm having trouble adjusting the screen resolution for The Thing. It is locked at 640 x 480 and 16 bit color. When I try to change it to a higher resolution or 32 bit color, the screen goes black for about 5 seconds and then just reverts back to 640 x 480 and 16 bit.
    I am running WinXP pro on a geforce 3 Ti 500 video card (latest drivers). My monitor is a 19" Viewsonic LCD (vx900), also with latest drivers installed (using the DVI input).
    My system is a P4 1.8 gHz and an Asus P4T motherboard with 512 rambus memory.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The link to the official 1.1 update doesnt work anymore. And it doesnt say anything about the game on sierra's site.
    Anyone knows where else it can be found?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok im an idiot. I entered sierra's with ftp client and got the patch manually.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was getting owned in the radio room where they keep coming in from the windows for like 10 minutes straight. Everyone would use all their ammo till we died. Then I found a solution this could be cosidered a *SPOILER*. What I did was, 1. make sure all the doors are closed behind you. 2.leave youre team in the center room 3. when you get to the trigger point, and they start coming, run out of the room and close the door. 4. wait till they all get in the room. 5. with blow torch in right hand and nades in the left, open the door and flame the entry way so they cant get out, then toss in a nade. Tis will clear the entire room for each nade you have, so wait till they all get there, and remember to shut the door again after you clear the room. Rinse and repeat.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Yard Ape
    I was getting owned in the radio room where they keep coming in from the windows for like 10 minutes straight. Everyone would use all their ammo till we died. Then I found a solution this could be cosidered a *SPOILER*. What I did was, 1. make sure all the doors are closed behind you. 2.leave youre team in the center room 3. when you get to the trigger point, and they start coming, run out of the room and close the door. 4. wait till they all get in the room. 5. with blow torch in right hand and nades in the left, open the door and flame the entry way so they cant get out, then toss in a nade. Tis will clear the entire room for each nade you have, so wait till they all get there, and remember to shut the door again after you clear the room. Rinse and repeat.
    well yeah ive put my crew in the center room and ran to get some ammo from the other room all the time while they were standing there while all the doors were closed.. ive opened them when we were really ready.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I did the same thing =) ... oh one question... do u actually get infected too? Sometimes my skin turns into the "thing" kinda like and i get all big.. i was like WTF???!?!?.... *SPOILER*!!!!!!!!!!........Y does every body (so far) fucking turns into the "thing"!?!? pisses me off...but its funny lol
    *EDIT*- This game is so tight...besides the lil bugs its so fuckin awsome..

Thanks
    Karma Level

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Stabbe

Ok you dont need to use the Sound Fix patch , just install your Razor copy and crack it ,then extract the english.pak in the same folder then delete the english.pak file after.That works , you get speech after the 2nd level.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im kinda new to all this so could shit someone please explain it in simple terms. What does it mean by extract (copy and paste???????), and which dir. do you "extract" and delete it from. Ive read the forum and tried everything but have had no joy.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Jaff1979
    quote:
    Originally posted by Stabbe

Ok you dont need to use the Sound Fix patch , just install your Razor copy and crack it ,then extract the english.pak in the same folder then delete the english.pak file after.That works , you get speech after the 2nd level.

Im kinda new to all this so could shit someone please explain it in simple terms. What does it mean by extract (copy and paste???????), and which dir. do you "extract" and delete it from. Ive read the forum and tried everything but have had no joy.
    go to english.pak, right click it, open with, winrar, you will see 2 folders, audio and animations, extract the contents to the same folder the pak is in then move or delete the pak

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Job done

Cheers mate!!!!!!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast