Close

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Slochy
    Hmm, guess you're right Although it would be cool if you could fry around while holding the mouse-button in third-person-view and moving your mouse around. My two cents =)
    When you are standing, you flame the floor, to control the movement of the aliens. First person, you can flame all around but you cant move other than leaning. Crouch mode, you can move around, and youre flames will be straight ahead. I go into crouch mode to do the most flame damage, but I assume mastering all 3 modes, is the key to the easiest victory.

Thanks
    Karma Level

anyone else have the game crash to desktop anytime you try to use the trainer?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default BLAH! NO SNIPER RIFLE!!!

In the level where you plant the C4 packets on teh planes.... I HAVE NO SNIPER RIFLE to trigger the C4!
    So how the hell can I get past this level? Ive searched all over and there doesnt seem to be one in the level!
    My saved games only goto the previous level... am I screwed?? or is there a cheat code to get weapons? I've tryed searching the net but its hard to find the proper keywords for a game like "The Thing" =P

If anyone could help I'd aprreciate it. Ive alreay invested a lot of time in this stupid game....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Basically i'm on the part where I have just killed my two alien team members to get the guy to trust me, and it then goes onto a cut scene with the engineer in the tower. Basically through-out the entire cut-scene i can't here any voices - and therefore have no fucking idea whats going on.

Anyone else had this problem? its the first problem i've had with the game and it's driving me crazy. I did get the patch with the game:

The Thing US build 9 to US build 13 patch2.exe => 3.370 meg

But when i apply the patch it messes up the .exe. in this case i just wrote the old cracked exe over the new one.

I'm not sure if this would affect anything as it has not done as of yet :|

Please let me know what you think,

michael

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by horrordee
    Basically i'm on the part where I have just killed my two alien team members to get the guy to trust me, and it then goes onto a cut scene with the engineer in the tower. Basically through-out the entire cut-scene i can't here any voices - and therefore have no fucking idea whats going on.

Anyone else had this problem? its the first problem i've had with the game and it's driving me crazy. I did get the patch with the game:

The Thing US build 9 to US build 13 patch2.exe => 3.370 meg

But when i apply the patch it messes up the .exe. in this case i just wrote the old cracked exe over the new one.

I'm not sure if this would affect anything as it has not done as of yet :|

Please let me know what you think,

michael
    /Ark sings "Here I come to save the day!"

Before I started playing I installed the patch, got the same problem with the EXE. It became 0k, so I copied the cracked EXE over - no worries.

The bit with the sound cutting out after a few missions is "normal"... normal in the fact is happens to pretty much everyone, not normal in the fact it should have even got past testing. Straight from my Firstlook for The Thing:

"Although I did encounter the problem where the speech cuts out after mission 2 or 3; extracting the contents of English.pak file into the Data folder and then deleting the English.pak file can fix this."

Fixed it up on mine, must be some compression problem with the game. Open the English.PAK file with Winzip and extract using the folder structure, and delete the PAK file when done. It will force the game to use the extracted sound files.

Ark

Thanks
    Karma Level

thankyou ark, i'll give that a go and let you all know what happens when it does.

Once again Ark saves the day, chrz mate.

Michael

Thanks
    Karma Level

you guys have that install "string error" thingy i do too, it burned all 100% and when i came to installing it went crazy giving me a whole lots of error. i know iam not the only one that got this weirdo error is there a patch for it??? or is it like that and the game is screwed?
    thnx guys for the input.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by indigo VvV
    you guys have that install "string error" thingy i do too, it burned all 100% and when i came to installing it went crazy giving me a whole lots of error. i know iam not the only one that got this weirdo error is there a patch for it??? or is it like that and the game is screwed?
    thnx guys for the input.
    I think I read someone else had that problem, but there was no answer for it.

Obviously I'd suggest trying to burn it again, probably to a rewritable incase your image is stuffed and you don't want to waste a CD. You could also try running the image off the hard drive with Deamon Tools, or copy the contents of the CD to the hard drive and try installing form there. Otherwise if you downloaded your copy I'd download it again from a different source which has SFV files so you can tell if files are corrupt.

Hope you get it working, it's a good game.

Ark

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ark, let me get you a bear mate.

Your method works great.

Thankyou very much and well done - now I have complete audio enjoyment.

I recon one of the groups should release a patch that extracts the files for them - would make the people happy i suppose

Thankyou again,

Michael

Thanks
    Karma Level

how do u find the access codes to open the door? this is in level 1 beginning of the level

Thanks
    Karma Level

use the camera to look for a code on the wall...

somepeople these days!!

Michael

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by horrordee
    Ark, let me get you a bear mate.
    Don't care much for bears, or care bears... although those bears that drive the little cars around at the circus are cool

No problems, glad to help.

Ark

Thanks
    Karma Level

when u have the flamethrower is it me or does he always aim at the ground..can i somehow aim upwards at the big guys?

thx

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Osiris007
    when u have the flamethrower is it me or does he always aim at the ground..can i somehow aim upwards at the big guys?

thx
    Same here, it is a pain in the ass. You can go into "Freelook mode" where you go into first person mode with a crosshair and aim with that - but it is extremely annoying to do (for me anyway). My freelook button is Left Shift so it makes it hard to suddenly aim at a charging walker then let go of the button and quickly jump back before it attacks or I get hit by the flames.

Hunt around in your config setup and look for your Freelook button.

Personally I just like to get in close and shoot flames at their feet anyway.

Ark

Thanks
    Karma Level

thnx ark i will try ur method and see if it works.

Thanks
    Karma Level

will do man...thank u very much

Thanks
    Karma Level

anyone know this:

what do u do after you killed the walker in the bathroom and u go outside i get to a dead end with the barrells...

im kinds stuck there..went up the stairs doors locked need to get into the station!!

thx

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Osiris007
    anyone know this:

what do u do after you killed the walker in the bathroom and u go outside i get to a dead end with the barrells...

im kinds stuck there..went up the stairs doors locked need to get into the station!!

thx
    I missed this one too at first. There is a red key on the barrel in the kitchen, I ran around for ages until I saw it - thought it was part of the barrel at first.

Ark

Thanks
    Karma Level

So can the class rip get the sound fix??

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Electricute the Bastard????

Im not sure what level im on but im a good bit into the game. Anyway, I'm trying to get past this HUGE Thing which is surrounded by crates. I use a box on the wall to give power to another switch which then electrocutes it. I can get the cross-hair to go red but cant seem to kill the fucker. I've tried flames and grenades but still no joy!!! Any ideas?????

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast