Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Torch that piece of shit at the bottom of that huge thing, you'll see a man shaped figure. Torch it when the cross hair is red and you pulled the electicity switch(keep doing so till it's dead). You'll have to aim manually........

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers mate!!!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I found the less you shoot it, the less it comes at you. I made my way to the box and worked it a little at a time. If you hide behind the inner room it buys extra time, but it will destroy it eventually. I couldnt kill it so I took the cowards way out. I got the door open and ran like a bitch. lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Electricute the Bastard????

Originally posted by Jaff 1979
    Im not sure what level im on but im a good bit into the game. Anyway, I'm trying to get past this HUGE Thing which is surrounded by crates. I use a box on the wall to give power to another switch which then electrocutes it. I can get the cross-hair to go red but cant seem to kill the fucker. I've tried flames and grenades but still no joy!!! Any ideas?????
    Just grenade the fucker from an ideal spot between the crates, throw your flame nades at the end, should be no prob then... I think this has been answered in this thread already...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Crash at the end of the game??

I install the patch for this game, but when i playing the final boss(at least i think). After i blow up 4 oil can and flame at the big monster, and then i shooting at the monster for a while, it crash me to the desktop.

I am running xp with p3 1G and gforce3

Thanks
    Karma Level

Must say I'm quite impressed with this game - it rocks..

I have only got inside the elevator at the moment - and am killing all them SAS type-guys - but looking to get further tonight when I get home.. hehe.. was frustrating how they never added a normal save feature or even when you die the ability to load the last save game...

Apart from those few niggles it was quality - sort of an action Resident Evil...

Macca.

Thanks
    Karma Level

actually, there is a way to save whenever you want in the game.

open regedit, and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Computer Artworks/The Thing/1.0
    and create a new string there with the name: "DoInGameLoadSave", and set it to "1", ofc. now you'll have save and load in the menu, but don't use load in-game, it'll make the game crash. save works fine, except the fact that it names all saves you make "TestSave" or something like that, but they still work so who gives a shit, right?

there's also more strings to play around with, for example: DoLevelSelect, PlayerInvulnerable, NPCInvulnerable, FullWeaponEquip... heh, you'll know what to do.

ps. always be damn careful while playing around with the registry, or you could have a full windows reinstall on your hands. ds.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thankfully I'm properly qualified at Registry Editing - many years of unhappy experience behind me...

Thanks for the tips though - I shall mess tonight..

Macca.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by s0Ma
    actually, there is a way to save whenever you want in the game.

open regedit, and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Computer Artworks/The Thing/1.0
    and create a new string there with the name: "DoInGameLoadSave", and set it to "1", ofc. now you'll have save and load in the menu, but don't use load in-game, it'll make the game crash. save works fine, except the fact that it names all saves you make "TestSave" or something like that, but they still work so who gives a shit, right?

there's also more strings to play around with, for example: DoLevelSelect, PlayerInvulnerable, NPCInvulnerable, FullWeaponEquip... heh, you'll know what to do.

ps. always be damn careful while playing around with the registry, or you could have a full windows reinstall on your hands. ds.
    Excellent I'll try it out... got stuck on some level after the airport where there is no bloody save point for ages and it is giving me the shits having to replay it all the time.

Ark

Thanks
    Karma Level

i stopped near that god damn airplane/c4 bullshit.. the save time between those stages are too long

i could get the 4xC4 on the planes but after shooting 2 i get game over because they close the god damn doors..

also. the sniper rifles is in one of the hangars

easy way to kill the second big ass monster, just make a few step and there will be a place where you can see the monsters neck and face and you can throw a couple nades at him but don't move the mouse too much or you'll blow your ass up..

after a while you can shove 2-3 fire nades up his ass .. heh.. and he'll die..

it really sucks if you save while having like half of your life meter and are near a monster like that cause you can only do the electric bs once and get your ass kicked..

i got sick after that : plant c4 on plane bs. i wonder how much there is left.. probably not much =P

Thanks
    Karma Level

hey i am having problems saving in the taperecorder with the thing-instanity rip.... when i try to save the game screws up, any way i can fix this, i am running the game in the first version (the cd one) and running it in the crack inside the cd, because when i try running the game normally, i get some wrong cd issue... any help in any of these issues?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by HaRRyPalM
    i stopped near that god damn airplane/c4 bullshit.. the save time between those stages are too long

i could get the 4xC4 on the planes but after shooting 2 i get game over because they close the god damn doors..

also. the sniper rifles is in one of the hangars

easy way to kill the second big ass monster, just make a few step and there will be a place where you can see the monsters neck and face and you can throw a couple nades at him but don't move the mouse too much or you'll blow your ass up..

after a while you can shove 2-3 fire nades up his ass .. heh.. and he'll die..

it really sucks if you save while having like half of your life meter and are near a monster like that cause you can only do the electric bs once and get your ass kicked..

i got sick after that : plant c4 on plane bs. i wonder how much there is left.. probably not much =P
    There are at least 2 tape recorders in close proximity to the airport.

One is in the room where the wall gets smashed in where you got a key from. The second is up in the control tower.

Basically you set the C-4 charges then go up into the control tower (clear it out first) then shoot the C-4 with a rifle, then shoot the next, then run around to the other side of the control tower and shoot the other two just as the door closes.

I'm stuck just after that bit.

Ark

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678